Miami at Louisville | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami at Louisville

zachequalsgod

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I feel like a Pats, Jets, or Bills fan starting this thread (except you know... not at all ). :baghead: I know I'm the outsider, but....

Let's here some predictions.
I'm saying Louisville 14 Miami 10

This game got a lot closer w/ the loss of Bush. Defense wins this one.

Louisville is an unreal scoring machine.....I can't wait to see this game...I am picking Louisville to win it....I am picking way more points than you have:

Louisville 31
Miami 21

Hurricanes defense wont give up that many points (roman), Im not predicting a winner but Im going to give two scenarios

Hurricanes win 21-17

Louisville wins 17-14

Alex44 said:
Hurricanes defense wont give up that many points (roman), Im not predicting a winner but Im going to give two scenarios

Hurricanes win 21-17

Louisville wins 17-14

Louisville scores like nobody I have seen in a while...even against good defenses. I think Miami will also score a lot...I know Miami and Florida State was low scoring...but I don't think this will be.

Roman529 said:
Louisville scores like nobody I have seen in a while...even against good defenses. I think Miami will also score a lot...I know Miami and Florida State was low scoring...but I don't think this will be.

Miami scoring will depend how good Louisville's D-Line is, I cant see Miami giving up 30+ points to anyone in the country, just not our style if we get into a shootout we are screwed

Expect to see power running by Miami early and a nice dose of baby James (Edges cousin) he was great last week vs FAMU, and yes I know its only FAMU but all our RB's played the same team and he was by far the best

Merriweather and Phillips wont allow big plays down the field, if our D gets beat it will probally be dinking and dunking down the field on us. (unless Louisville has a huge WR, we always struggle with those type guys)

I lucked up and fell into some free tix to this game, so I'm even more psyched than I was before. Louisville have had two RBs really step up since Bush went down in Smith and Stripling, these are going to be your dinking and dunking guys out of the backfield.

I'm gonna stick with a low scoring game. 10-14 Louisville. I agree that Louisville seems to be a scoring machine at times, but in the past Louisville hasn't faced a team like Miami and won't face another this year pre-BCS.

zachequalsgod said:
I lucked up and fell into some free tix to this game, so I'm even more psyched than I was before. Louisville have had two RBs really step up since Bush went down in Smith and Stripling, these are going to be your dinking and dunking guys out of the backfield.

I'm gonna stick with a low scoring game. 10-14 Louisville. I agree that Louisville seems to be a scoring machine at times, but in the past Louisville hasn't faced a team like Miami and won't face another this year pre-BCS.

I dont know much about LV but how is their run defense? IMO that might be the difference in the game

When Bush was there I was saying Louisville had a GREAT chance at pulling it off. With out him, I am not NEARLY as confident. In fact, I better a late turnover decides the game. Since UM has the better D... I would say UM takes it.

Trust me, there is no way U of L does not score at least 20 points in this one. I don't care how good Miami's D is. Yeah we lost Bush, but the 2 guys we have to pick up the slack are still pretty good. Kolby Smith is an all around back that can power and has a little bit of speed to him. He's got experience. Stripling is as fast or faster than any UM defensive player. The thing I worry about is U of L's secondary. Rod Council, our best starting CB, (he's a sophomore if that tells you anything about the rest of our secondary) got hurt in the Temple game and won't be playing. I'm sure Miami will go deep often.

As far as the "never facing a D like UM" crap, we have, back in 2004! Brohm played the finally 12 minutes in that one and led a scoring drive. Don't get me wrong UM is really good, but they aren't the monster they have been in the past. They aren't even as good as they were 2 years ago. I remember the first half of that game. UM defenders shrugging their shoulders and arguing amongst them selves because they couldn't understand the offense they were facing. Damn Hester punt return and dropped interception was the difference in the game.

All that being said, if the game was in the Orange Bowl, I would call it even. U of L just simply overwhelms opponents in Papa John's Cardinal Stadium. No U of L won't hang 50 points on the 'canes, but they will score close to 30.

U of L 31 UM 21

305TillIDie said:
Louisville hasnt faced a Defense this year like Miami

Miami 24, Louisville 14

And Miami hasnt faced on offense like Louisville's. Should be a good game, I wouldnt be at all surprised if Louisville beat them. Either way I think they put up atleast 3 or 4 tds.

LouPhinFan said:
Trust me, there is no way U of L does not score at least 20 points in this one. I don't care how good Miami's D is. Yeah we lost Bush, but the 2 guys we have to pick up the slack are still pretty good. Kolby Smith is an all around back that can power and has a little bit of speed to him. He's got experience. Stripling is as fast or faster than any UM defensive player. The thing I worry about is U of L's secondary. Rod Council, our best starting CB, (he's a sophomore if that tells you anything about the rest of our secondary) got hurt in the Temple game and won't be playing. I'm sure Miami will go deep often.

As far as the "never facing a D like UM" crap, we have, back in 2004! Brohm played the finally 12 minutes in that one and led a scoring drive. Don't get me wrong UM is really good, but they aren't the monster they have been in the past. They aren't even as good as they were 2 years ago. I remember the first half of that game. UM defenders shrugging their shoulders and arguing amongst them selves because they couldn't understand the offense they were facing. Damn Hester punt return and dropped interception was the difference in the game.

All that being said, if the game was in the Orange Bowl, I would call it even. U of L just simply overwhelms opponents in Papa John's Cardinal Stadium. No U of L won't hang 50 points on the 'canes, but they will score close to 30.

U of L 31 UM 21

you guys need to change the stadium name.....it doesnt scare anyone

Back
Top Bottom