Miami at Louisville | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami at Louisville

zachequalsgod said:
Miami and Louisville are similar teams in similar situations. Both team's BCS chances are pending on this game. Both teams are going to be very focused.

Just because Louisville's offense is one of the best in the nation, let's not forget about their defense... most def not a push over. GO CARDS!

Actually win or lose . . . it really doesn't effect either teams chance at making the BCS because its a non conference game. If your talking about the National Championship . . . neither team is gonna make it there this year IMO, win or lose.

Kdawg954 said:
Actually win or lose . . . it really doesn't effect either teams chance at making the BCS because its a non conference game. If your talking about the National Championship . . . neither team is gonna make it there this year IMO, win or lose.

Ohio State is going to lose a game and so is Notre Dame IMO

That said if either team runs the table they have a chance

Alex44 said:
Ohio State is going to lose a game and so is Notre Dame IMO

That said if either team runs the table they have a chance

True, I guess if Louiville were to run the table, they have a shot. Miami is even more of a dark horse . . .but if they impress this week and impress the rest of the year and then beat FL. State in the ACC Championship . . .I guess anything is possible . . . just not likely . . . UM definetly has to start climbing those rankings this week.

Just remember its always better to lose your first game and go 11-1 than your last and go 11-1

Untill we lose our second game we still have a chance, even if its not a big one

I really just can't take Louisville seriously.

Even if they beat the Canes, to me it'll be more of a sign of how bad the Canes have gotten more than being impressed with Louisville.

They'll skate through an easy schedule and get walloped by a top team in a bowl if they stay in the top 10 IMO.

Kdawg954 said:

Every team should aspire to a national championship. That being said, even if U of L runs the table, I seriously doubt they'll make the BCS championship game. That's why losing the Miami game would suck, but will not end our season. The West Virginia game is much more important than this game. I just want U of L to make a BCS bowl this year.

Trekbiz said:

Even if they beat the Canes, to me it'll be more of a sign of how bad the Canes have gotten more than being impressed with Louisville.

They'll skate through an easy schedule and get walloped by a top team in a bowl if they stay in the top 10 IMO.

I can't take your post seriously because you obviously haven't watched this offense.

I'll give you the easy schedule, but they do play Miami (17) and West Virgina (5). While there are teams with much harder schedules, these are the games that make or break Louisville with both fans and media.

zachequalsgod said:
I can't take your post seriously because you obviously haven't watched this offense.

I'll give you the easy schedule, but they do play Miami (17) and West Virgina (5). While there are teams with much harder schedules, these are the games that make or break Louisville with both fans and media.

Well you don't have to take me seriously.

We'll see soon enough.
I stand by it though.
If Louisville gets by Miami and stays in the top 10 they'll get shredded once they hit a top program in a bowl.

Louisville averages 55.7 pts/game @ home :eek:

Trekbiz said:

I'm sorry you can't take Louisville seriously, that's your problem. As far as the easy schedule goes, its not like U of L really has anything they can do. Read the following article:

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060915/SPORTS02/609150433/1002/SPORTS

U of L has a very hard time scheduling top notch opponents. Ohio State said they will never play U of L again after we almost beat them in 1992, final score of that game was 20 - 19, they were the no. 17 ranked team in the country at that time. I seriously doubt FSU will ever sign another contract to play us again after the 2002 OT win. I hope we sign another contract with Miami. They're a great team and program.

Its a by product of the BCS system. U of L will always be a trap game for potential BCS championship teams. That why there really needs to be a change of culture in college football. College is more about the haves and the have nots.

LouPhinFan said:
I'm sorry you can't take Louisville seriously, that's your problem. As far as the easy schedule goes, its not like U of L really has anything they can do. Read the following article:

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060915/SPORTS02/609150433/1002/SPORTS

U of L has a very hard time scheduling top notch opponents. Ohio State said they will never play U of L again after we almost beat them in 1992, final score of that game was 20 - 19, they were the no. 17 ranked team in the country at that time. I seriously doubt FSU will ever sign another contract to play us again after the 2002 OT win. I hope we sign another contract with Miami. They're a great team and program.

Its a by product of the BCS system. U of L will always be a trap game for potential BCS championship teams. That why there really needs to be a change of culture in college football. College is more about the haves and the have nots.

Great post.

Louisville and WVU need to join the ACC or something.

UF Fin Kat said:
trekbiz's opinion on louisville is equal to majpain's opinion on brady quinn.

:lol:

That may very well be but that is also yet to be determined.
We shall see.

Well it finally D-day! Here's to a fun, clean, and injury-free game on both sides of the field! Good luck 'Canes, and of course...

GO CARDS!!

Depends...if we can shut down brian brohm were going to win 24-17 but if we let him throw the ball everywhere then were losing 38-24

Back
Top Bottom