Miami Dolphin player cuts to 53 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphin player cuts to 53

AL R

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Darr, A. Young, N. Williams, Warmsley, Okoye, Faciane, sylvestere, M. Mathews

Omar Kelly @OmarKelly

The Dolphins released offensive lineman Sean Hickey, but he's a candidate for the practice squad.

Joe Schad @schadjoe

Miami Dolphins waiving WR Drew Morgan, star of OTA's and early camp, per league source

Barry Jackson @flasportsbuzz

Dolphins also have released former UM WR Malcolm Lewis, per team source

Dolphins release DE Praise Martin Oguike, per league source

Dolphins cut CB Lafayette Pitts but have interest in p-squad, per league source.

Draft Talk @Draft_Talk_NFL

#Dolphins have also cut WR Mitch Matthews

Adam Beasley @AdamHBeasley

David Fales has been cut, per source. Bet he draws interest elsewhere.

Joe Schad‏Verified account @schadjoe 2m2 minutes ago
Miami Dolphins waive LB Neville Hewitt, per league source

Barry Jackson‏Verified account @flasportsbuzz 3m3 minutes ago
Dolphins are releasing RB Storm Johnson, per source.

Joe Schad‏Verified account @schadjoe 3m3 minutes ago
Thomas Duarte to be released by Miami Dolphins per NFL source. Possibly to practice squad.

Joe Schad‏Verified account @schadjoe 4m4 minutes ago
WR Trey Griffey, son of Ken Griffey Jr., will be waived by Miami Dolphins per NFL source

Barry Jackson‏Verified account @flasportsbuzz 24s24 seconds ago
Dolphins released DE Cameron Malveaux, per league source. Potential practice squad addition.

Barry Jackson @flasportsbuzz·43s

Dolphins announce cuts. All previously reported by Herald except Hendy, Griffey, Stringfellow, Pantele, DeVeon Smith. No surprises.

Sam young also released

Up to date cuts tracker

Last edited:
that leave us at 82 since we were at 89 before? Lots more to go

Ozzy rules!!

Darr, A. Young, N. Williams, Warmsley, Okoye, Faciane, sylvestere, M. Mathews

Up to date cuts as far as Im aware.

They really liked Nick Williams, hell they extended him. Shows you just how impressive the two rookies have been.

Think Okoye is PS material.

And wow they cut Matt Darr? Damn.

They really liked Nick Williams, hell they extended him. Shows you just how impressive the two rookies have been.

Think Okoye is PS material.

And wow they cut Matt Darr? Damn.

With two rookie DT on the roster, I could see them adding a vet to the 53 man roster, but I wouldn't add another young player at that position to the practice squad. Plus this is only Phillips' 3rd season so the team has a lot of youth and little experience there.

Miami has to be looking to add a linebacker and maybe an offensive guard from another team.

Practice squad is 10 this year so that will be more interesting to see keepers. My guess is the team keeps a quarterback on the practice squad, but might be a castoff from another club.

Why is it such a slow process to get down to 53 players? I understand there is a professional courtesy for the coach to speak individually to each player who gets cut, but those talks could be done a little later.

Can't believe Darr got cut. He was pretty money inside the 20 and had some absolutely booming punts.

Im glad he was cut, its a good sign.

The left footed rookie punter outplayed him, his net is wayyyy better than Darr. Its going to save the team some cash plus I am looking forward to seeing some PRs fumble from the reverse spin.

I saw a couple of clips of Haack putting that ball within the 5 yard line and rolling out of bounds.... I think we'll be ok.

Why is it such a slow process to get down to 53 players? I understand there is a professional courtesy for the coach to speak individually to each player who gets cut, but those talks could be done a little later.
No, they can't be done later. The point is so that the player doesn't find out from Twitter or ESPN that they lost their job.

Good morning bro. May also be trying to see if they can do any trades and acquire additional draft pics for the upcoming years.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom