Miami Dolphins 2008 Season- Prediction Thread | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins 2008 Season- Prediction Thread

Bumrush

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Ok.. So last year I thought the new Cameron regime was on the right path... So I predicted a 10 win season. Now that I'm done laughing at myself, I'd like to get a thread going on the 08' season, which to many is part of a long rebuilding process..

Here goes: Miami Dolphins finish the season 8-8, and Ricky Williams is seriously considered for MVP. Our D starts off the season with some rough games but steadily improves over the course of the season. Bess shines, and Hagan is relegated to bench warmer by the end of the year after another disappointing season. John Beck will become an afterthought after Henne lights it up in relief of Chad P.

I learned my lesson last year; 6-10.

Untill we step onto that field in Week 1 and prove otherwise, we are a 1-15 team trying to climb it's way back up...

Last year at this time I predicted 4-12. This year I predict 8-8 barring serious key injuries.

1)We finally kick the **** out of the Jets and Bills at least once out of two tries.

2)Ricky has a nice season.

3)Going out on a limb here but......Ronnie gets injured:lol: Ok that one is just a joke.

3)The defense finishes in the upper half of the NFL in yards and PPG against.

4)The offense shows some respectability and scores enough to win us some games

5)John Beck averages 2.7 drops of the clipboard per game and his supporters suggest it wasnt his fault for a variety of reasons(someone greases it as a gag, that string that hangs from it to attach to his belt gets snagged etc etc..)

6)Someone on our defense has more sacks than Jason Taylor does for Washington

7)We win more games than Washington

8)Will Allen continues to show he is an excellent corner with top notch tackling skills on the outside and only a handful of posters give him credit for it

9)Ted Ginn takes at least 3 kick returns(punt or KO) back for scores

10)Ted Ginn has a nice season as a receiver

11)Wilford shows us why we signed him, leading the team in TD catches

12)Martin winds up outproducing Fasano in receiving numbers yet everyone will continue to bash him and pretend Fasano is damn near a pro bowl TE

13)Satele will miss a bunch of blocks and no one will notice in the midst of pretending he is a great C

14)Jason Allen will hardly see the field unless a bunch of injuries happen and people will continue to suggest he is improving and should be given a shot

15)The phins win between 7-11 games

EDIT : 16) Someone will bash me personally for at least one of these predictions. 17)There will be at least one player that I dont already hate on that I will begin to during or after the season.

5-11 We will lose many close games, our kick coverage teams will not be that good and we will continue to have far to many penalties. Pennington will be a pleasant surprise our running game will be very strong as long as we can stay in games and our defensive line will be the strength of our defense. I believe our offense is the strength of this team and our linebackers and defensive backs will be our biggest weakness.

6-10

the lack of pass rush from the olb position the killer on this 3-4 defense. secondary exposed as a result.

run d much better with the likes of ferguson, langford, starks, and merling in the mix.

we need legit playmakers and we will get them next offseason.

still, a much more competitive and much improved team.

WV, I agreed with you on everything besides 12-14 (and 16 unless you count me as bashing you, but really I'm not lol.) I don't see any way possible Martin has better stats than Fasano or that Satele sucks it up (especially practicing against Ferguson now). Allen I think will start the season, even though it's been said that crocker will start. Other than that, nice post WV.

6-10, we were too much in the deep to think of climbing higher on one season.

1)We finally kick the **** out of the Jets and Bills at least once out of two tries.

3)Going out on a limb here but......Ronnie gets injured:lol: Ok that one is just a joke.

5)John Beck averages 2.7 drops of the clipboard per game and his supporters suggest it wasnt his fault for a variety of reasons(someone greases it as a gag, that string that hangs from it to attach to his belt gets snagged etc etc..)

8)Will Allen continues to show he is an excellent corner with top notch tackling skills on the outside and only a handful of posters give him credit for it

12)Martin winds up outproducing Fasano in receiving numbers yet everyone will continue to bash him and pretend Fasano is damn near a pro bowl TE

13)Satele will miss a bunch of blocks and no one will notice in the midst of pretending he is a great C

14)Jason Allen will hardly see the field unless a bunch of injuries happen and people will continue to suggest he is improving and should be given a shot

EDIT : 16) Someone will bash me personally for at least one of these predictions. 17)There will be at least one player that I dont already hate on that I will begin to during or after the season.

2) Agree..I think Ricky will excel this season.

3) Agree...lol...

4) Agree

6) Agree.. Jason is injured and didn't do much last year..

8) Agree.. Will Allen is a good corner...good tackler...just needs to learn how to catch the ball in games.

10) Agree... looks like Ginn is our biggest threat at WR right now.

13) Agree...Satele does make mistakes and no one seems to notice...I think every one just sees his long hair and thinks he's great...Although I don't think he stinks..at this point I think Tim Ruddy was better then him...Ruddy didn't have the strength of Satele, not that Satele is strong it's just that Ruddy was weak...but Ruddy's awareness and football iq is way better than Satele. I hope he improves.

14) Agree...J. Allen sometimes shows some nice plays...unfortunately he is very inconsistent...and sometimes looks lost out there...I think I'd rather have consistency back there and not give up plays. I hope he improves..

#5 is awesome lol and #13 is very accurate. i recall a few weeks back being told Satele is a "franchise" center already. to me, when you throw that term around, it means the guy is a player you can build your whole franchise around. Samson Satele is that already? come on now.

I see 6-10. I think we will win some games we shouldn't and lose some game we shouldn't. I think Chad will stay healthy for the entire season and play well and be efficient in the passing game. I think our Offensive line and Running game will rise to a level we haven't seen around here for quite sometime, but that we might struggle in the passing game as far as protection, but, I think Chad is the perfect QB with how quick he can make decisions. I think Defense will be inconsistent early. We will have some lights out games, followed by games where we can't seem to do anything defensively. I think the running game will be our most consistent and effective part of the team and will keep us in most games with Time of Possession. I see IMO, our win's being Jets in Miami, Arizona, Houston (Finally), Baltimore, Raiders, and Kansas City. Possible wins against the 49ers and Rams to put us at 8-8. I know I don't show us beating the Patriots or Bills at all, but, I don't think we'll break through yet this season beating them either in Miami or at their places. I think Week 1 against the Jets reminds me of 3 years ago against the Broncos. They have the more proven talent and probably a better team, yet, we win. They'll probably get us back at Giants stadium.

I'm optimistically thinking 8-8. Also, I don't think Ricky has any chance at MVP, but my money is on comeback player of the year.

I guess I'll join the chorus at 6-10. At that point we return to irrelevancy. At 1-15 at least we were unique.

Back
Top Bottom