Miami Dolphins 2008 Season- Prediction Thread | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins 2008 Season- Prediction Thread

not that much offense from what i c out there ...who knows how well the defense will play so im going to say 5-11

There are two things that will hurt us.. The weak links are the WR's and the Corners.. If we can address these two areas in the next 4 weeks or so, I can see a 9-7 season.. If not, then expect to see alot of 1st downs given up on 3rd and 4th down and a 6-10 dissapointing season..

I expect us to finish with a 7-9 record.
On defense:
Top 10 in defense
Top 5 in rush D
In the 20s in Pass D
In the 20s in Sacks

On offense:
Top 15 in Offense
Top 5 in rushing offense
Top 15 in passing offense

And just to piss of WV, i expect a pro bowl season from john beck after CP goes down with injury, a pro bowl season from Satele, and a pro bowl season from Jason allen.

Beck will throw for 32 TDs and for 3500 yards
Satele will be a beast and help the R and R express rush for 2000 yards.
JA will have 8 interceptions,90+ tackles, and 3 FF.

There are two things that will hurt us.. The weak links are the WR's and the Corners.. If we can address these two areas in the next 4 weeks or so, I can see a 9-7 season.. If not, then expect to see alot of 1st downs given up on 3rd and 4th down and a 6-10 dissapointing season..

i agree with everything you said but the bold part. A 6-10 season will be good this year, especially after last year.

I think the weak spot is WR's...so not sure how much it will effect the offense but I'm sure it will to some degree..Hopefully our passing game will pose a threat so they can't key on the running game.

Also I know our pass rush looked good in the preseason but I'm worried about that to....because if we don't get pressure on the passer it's going to be a long season.

I'm not worried about the CB's but I'm worried about our pass defense because I think we might commit to many people to rush the passer and that's gonna leave some pass plays open underneath...and if we don't get to the passer it will only compound the problem.

im thinking 8-8 would be phenominal but i goota be different so 7-9

I had us at 4-12. When we got Pennington, I bumped it up to 6-10. Based on our defensive play, I could see us stealing another win.

10-6

Jets W
Cardinals W
Patriots L
Chargers L
Texans W
Ravens W
Bills W
Broncos L
Seahawks L
Raiders W
Patriots W
Rams W
Bills L
49ers W
Chiefs W
Jets L

I'm gonna say 7-9 if Pennington stays healthy.

I'm going with 10-6 and even though I could go into trying to explain this i'm going to take the lazy man's route. In 06 the Jets were thought to be only able to win 3 to 5 games that year, but everyone said if Penny stayed healthy they would win more. They had less talent than this team and were older. Penny stayed healthy and managed that team to a 10-6 record, he didnt even have the running game that this team has and a weaker o-line. Gotta be optimistic and say we get 10 wins!!!

I see 6-10 or 7-9

We may not be good yet, but we're getting there. I think we'll definitely see an improved product out on the field this season.

I'm going with 10-6 and even though I could go into trying to explain this i'm going to take the lazy man's route. In 06 the Jets were thought to be only able to win 3 to 5 games that year, but everyone said if Penny stayed healthy they would win more. They had less talent than this team and were older. Penny stayed healthy and managed that team to a 10-6 record, he didnt even have the running game that this team has and a weaker o-line. Gotta be optimistic and say we get 10 wins!!!

We had two quality receivers in Coles and Cotchery. Who do the dolphins have? Ginn has shown barely anything and beyond him I have no clue. We struck gold when we drafted Mangold (pun intended) at center, D'Brick is still developing, but we had veterans on that line that gave Pennington protection. Our defense turned it on after our bye and was 6th overall after that bye.

I see this team more like the 07 jets. Developing defense that will struggle. Below average oline. Pennington will be forced into throws he knows he can't make and it could result in costly interceptions. Expect to see Beck or Henne by week 7 or 8.

it will be refreshing to see miami out-work teams and get wins on effort alone.

besides that, we'll see a big improvement on defense and that will also add to the win total. a better pass rush will help the secondary and they will stop the run better, too.

we are thin in some areas, although, the starters are pretty good. if we can stay away from injuries, the team will get 8 wins.

the offensive line will also be a big upgrade this year. this allows pennington protection and time in the pocket, where he will increasingly get more comfortable.

although, the receiving corps is much maligned around here and in general, they won't be nearly as bad as most people think. pennington will make them better and we'll be surprised by that group.

ricky williams, barring injuring again, will be very good, but not 2000 yards good.

teams can no longer pencil in a win when they see the dolphins on the schedule. and that's a good feeling of pride again. come to miami and you'll have a fight on your hands.

They will split wins with all the other AFC East teams.

Pennington has his best statistical year as a pro.

Ronnie and Ricky will get 1,000 yds each.

Ted Ginn will return 4 kicks for TDS and get to 1,000 yds receiving and 8 TDs

The D-Line will pressure the pocket enough to allow the secondary to make plays and keep the defense respectable.

And the special team's play (a weak point under that horrible ST coach Armstrong) will be much improved.

This is not only practically a new team, but more importantly, a new attitude. Last year's team played down to it's coach's personality. This year's team is tougher mentally. The Fins lost 6 games last year by 3 points or less. Turn those around and they go 7-9. This team is much better than last year's.

At worst, 8-8. At best 10-6. Either way, most imroved team in the NFL this year.

Back
Top Bottom