Miami Dolphins - 2014 Free Agent Rumors | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins - 2014 Free Agent Rumors

MRojas4

The Cheese Connoisseur
Club Member
Reaction score
3/26: "Fins have renewed attempts to trade WR Mike Wallace during the league meetings." - Jason La Canfora

3/26: "Philbin wouldn’t rule out re-signing Dustin Keller. Hickey said he has spoken to Keller’s agent (Eugene Parker) but wouldn’t say if he wants Keller back." - Barry Jackson, Miami Herald

3/25: "Dolphins have not talked to Maurice Jones-Drew about a visit or his desire to play in Miami, much less a contract." - Armando Salguero, Miami Herald

3/24: "Three days after hosting him on a visit, the Dolphins remain interested in signing free agent running back Knowshon Moreno." - Barry Jackson, Miami Herald

3/21: Knowshon Moreno completed his visit with the Dolphins, but didn't sign a contract, according to the Palm Beach Post.

3/20: "The Dolphins expect RB Knowshon Moreno to come in for a visit Friday." - Armando Salguero, Miami Herald

3/15: "Devin Hester said agent been contacted by Dolphins." - Chris Perkins, South Florida Sun-Sentinel

3/14: "The Dolphins are finalizing a 2-year deal with CB Cortland Finnegan, per source." - Albert Breer

3/14: Zach Strief has canceled his visit with the Dolphins, per Barry Jackson, Miami Herald.

3/13: "Cortland Finnegan will visit the Miami Dolphins tomorrow." - Albert Breer

3/13: "Miami has expressed interest in Tarell Brown and Walter Thurmond." - Barry Jackson, Miami Herald

3/13: "Miami has called to express some level of interest in several other guards, including Daryn Colledge and Wade Smith and center/guard Even Dietrich Smith. Davin Joseph remains a possibility." - Barry Jackson, Miami Herald

3/13: Guard Shelley Smith will visit the Dolphins, according to Andrew Abramson, Palm Beach Post.

3/12: "Randy Starks nearing a return to the Dolphins on a deal worth $6M a season." - Jason La Canfora

3/11: "I'm still hearing NY Jets in the mix for receiver James Jones along with NY Giants, Miami Dolphins and a fourth team...Detroit Lions no more." - Tony Pauline

3/11: "Dolphins are def in the mix for DT Earl Mitchell. Getting a lot of attention for his versatility, athletic ability and motor." - Adam Beasley, Miami Herald

3/10: "Pump the brakes on the Jairus Byrd-to-Miami talk, people. I'm hearing that's a smokescreen." - Adam Beasley, Miami Herald

"Falcons are very aggressively pursuing Miami NT Paul Soliai." - Jason La Canfora

"League source tells me that right now, Bucs the front-runner to land Anthony Collins if he doesn't re-sign with Cincy." - Jenna Laine

"Dolphins deal with LT Branden Albert is not 100% done. But "almost" done (unofficially, of course). He'll be a Dolphin." - Armando Salguero, Miami Herald

"Falcons are targeting linemen in free agency. Asamoah, Starks, Mitchell & Soliai are possible targets." - Orlando Ledbetter, AJC

3/8: "The Dolphins remain very interested in former Lions safety Louis Delmas." - Adam Beasley, Miami Herald

3/8: "Besides pursuing Branden Albert, Dolphins also pursuing Roger Saffold for OL and calling others." - Barry Jackson, Miami Herald

3/7: "Eugene Monroe is unlikely to return to the Ravens. Contract talks between Monroe and the Ravens have reached a standstill.' - Matt Zenitz, Carroll County Times

3/5: Eugene Monroe will be Miami's first choice at left tackle, according to Armando Salguero.

3/4: "D'Qwell Jackson had his Dolphins visit today and now will visit Indianapolis, per multiple reports. Will choose among those 2, Denver, Tenn" - Barry Jackson

3/4: The Dolphins haven't made contract offers to Randy Starks or Paul Soliai, according to the Miami Herald.

3/3: The Dolphins are one of the top suitors for Zane Beadles, according to Tony Pauline.

3/3: "If Dolphins are serious about D'Qwell Jackson (not just kicking tires) means Phillip Wheeler should be worried. Jackson wants to start." - Armando Salguero

3/3: "The Dolphins have not yet made a contract offer to Louis Delmas but club is very interested in the free agent safety. Delmas visited Fri." - Armando Salguero

From WF, so take it for what its worth.

Last edited by a moderator:
Zane beadles? Ehh he's an upgrade but I'd rather have Asamoah. Beadles could be much cheaper tho which would allow us a top left and right tackle with Zach Martin at guard

What's the word on Nwaneri? Worth a look?

Brian McIntyre ‏@brian_mcintyre

Jaguars release G Uche Nwaneri, per @ryanohalloran. Nwaneri had 100% p/t in 2013. Jaguars save $4.8M in cash, $3.7M in cap space

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 4m

#Jaguars releasing starting G Uche Nwaneri, per @JordanWoy. Adds to guard market with Geoff Schwartz up top, Jon Asamoah & Rodger Saffold

I heard a rumor that sport writers like to start rumors.

Ozzy rules!!

Nwaneri may not just be a money cut. Jags are going to a ZBS and he is more of a power running game. Not sure he's a good fit for a ZBS.

Michael Gehlken ‏@UTgehlken 2m

Chargers have released fullback Le'Ron McClain, per source. Move clears $2.5 million in cap space.

if we sign beadles i feel very good that i have the right kind of draft targets oline wise

Michael Gehlken ‏@UTgehlken 2m

Chargers have released fullback Le'Ron McClain, per source. Move clears $2.5 million in cap space.

was he rumored to draw interest from us? I don't see us adding a fullback, but who knows..

3/3: The Dolphins are one of the top suitors for Zane Beadles, according to Tony Pauline.

3/3: "If Dolphins are serious about D'Qwell Jackson (not just kicking tires) means Phillip Wheeler should be worried. Jackson wants to start." - Armando Salguero

3/3: "The Dolphins have not yet made a contract offer to Louis Delmas but club is very interested in the free agent safety. Delmas visited Fri." - Armando Salguero

From WF, so take it for what its worth.

Throw in a left tackle and I'd be pretty happy with these signings.

better have a plan b if delmas is signed...cause you likely gonna need it

Back
Top Bottom