Miami Dolphins: 5 Snap Conclusions | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins: 5 Snap Conclusions

datruth55

Hungry for defense
Club Member
Reaction score
  1. Sam Young (59 snaps, 100 percent). Young played more snaps in this game than he had cumulatively this season. The Dolphins won the game with reserve offensive lineman Young, Kraig Urbik and Anthony Steen all starting in place of Branden Albert, Laremy Tunsil and Mike Pouncey. It wasn’t always pretty, but the three backups scratched and clawed and gave effort, as coaches predicted.
  2. Leonte Carroo (11 snaps, 19 percent). Carroo scored the first touchdown of his NFL career. It’s been a slow start to Carroo’s career as he is stuck behind three talented veterans. But Carroo knew he had to be ready because DeVante Parker (hamstring), Jarvis Landry (shoulder) and Kenny Stills (calf) have all been banged up. Carroo stepped up when Parker left with a back injury.
  3. Dion Sims (59 snaps, 100 percent). It appears Sims may need a little time to gain full speed on his blocking prowess, which was so good prior to a concussion this season. But Sims made an impact in the passing game on Sunday, with a touchdown catch and another very memorable catch in which he showed his size and strength and ability to break tackles. Miami is better with Sims back.
  4. Jelani Jenkins (53 snaps, 68 percent). Coaches spoke this week about minimizing Jenkins’ role and then instead, Jenkins was on the field far more than Neville Hewitt (23 snaps, 29 percent.) Give credit to Jenkins, who had had a tough season, for battling through knee and hand injuries and trying to contribute to a linebacking corps that aside from Kiko Alonso has underwhelmed. Donald Butler only played 23 snaps.
  5. Earl Mitchell (38 snaps, 49 percent). This was the week Mitchell, returning from his own calf injury, almost caught Jordan Phillips in snaps. Phillips had 40 snaps, 51 percent. Mitchell had one tackle. And Phillips, according the to the post-game report, had none.
http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2016/11/28/miami-dolphins-5-snap-conclusions/

I am surprised Jenkins played that much...he really was awful.

Jenkins looked out of position, pursuing at wrong angles, and trailed the ball carriers from what I saw on TV. I don't know how he could play any worse.
I would stick with Hewitt.
McCain looked equally inept. This team needs another quality vet and some young blood at LB...and Jones back at Safety.

Back
Top Bottom