Miami Dolphins’ 5 worst salary cap values of 2017 season | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins’ 5 worst salary cap values of 2017 season

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
thomas.jpg

The Dolphins had some excellent values on their roster this season, led by Jarvis Landry putting up a Pro Bowl year for about $1 million. It’s hard to beat that.
But they also did their fair share of overspending. Some of last spring’s free agent deals didn’t look so great once the season came around, and part of Miami’s road ahead will be mitigating those expenses as much as possible.
With the Dolphins pondering how to fix a 6-10 team over the next several months, here are their five worst values from this season:
5. LT Laremy Tunsil
This one wasn’t a killer by any means at a $2.8 salary cap hit, but nobody in Davie would claim that Laremy Tunsil lived up to expectations in his first year at left tackle. He was solid at left guard in 2016, and all sides agreed it’d be an easy transition for him back to the position he’s played all his life. Adam Gase and Tunsil said during the season his practice habits needed to improve, and the Dolphins want him to play with far more tenacity next year. He has two seasons left on a rookie deal that makes him a $3.4 million cap hit next year, and that’ll be a tremendous value if he plays up to his potential.
http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachp...ins-5-worst-salary-cap-values-of-2017-season/

The Branch was not healthy crap wont fly. He's just an average player and always has been

Ozzy rules!!

Branch isn't special but if healthy he's not hurting us. Not every player can be an all pro. Charles Harris needs a full off season with the team and he will come back stronger and maybe put 12-15 pounds on his frame. By the start of next season I'll bet Harris looks a little more buffed.

I dont care how rockin his body looks, i want pressure on opposing qbs. Jk

The Branch was not healthy crap wont fly. He's just an average player and always has been

Ozzy rules!!
Brother let's see if he is healthy and they give him more friends on the defensive line before we throw the towel in. I think he could have a very good 2018. Have a great weekend! John

That comment section is brutal. Anybody that thinks Adam gase is the problem is clueless imo.

How is Kiko not on this list? $29 million over 3 years, $18.5 guaranteed. Ridiculous. We should have kept him at the RFA 1st round tender amount of $3.9 million for the year.

Front Office...Swing & a Miss!

The amount of money we gave Andre Branch was asinine. He is solid rotational DE but that is not worth $9m a season. Kiko should be on the list, I think his deal was a product of the team team's past mistake of not paying OV when he was affordable so they were gun shy. Also if you are going to criticize a first round pick for not living up to their potential that is clearly Parker over Tunsil. TJ McDonald deserves mention too not because it was a bad deal but because he is a SS playing FS and the front office gave him and Jones long term deals. We really missed IAQ this season.

Good lord why is tunsil on this list lol

Extremely poor job PBB. I knew this wasn't Schad tho.

And honestly Cutler shouldn't be here either. 19 td, 14 int, 62% completion, 80+ QBR.

I mean top backups make more than 5 million and lower tier non rookie contract starters are gonna make 15. Jay at 10 was more than reasonable.

Alonso should of been on here . . . And of course Byron Maxwell.

How is Kiko not on this list? $29 million over 3 years, $18.5 guaranteed. Ridiculous. We should have kept him at the RFA 1st round tender amount of $3.9 million for the year.

Front Office...Swing & a Miss!

Kiko Alonso was #1 on this list for sure. The contracts they gave to Kiko and Branch were horrible wastes of gauranteed money, Kiko 10x worse because we had him locked down for cheaper. TJ McDonald was stupid, as we had him at the league minimum, and could have carried that money in to next years cap, and as wasn’t a game breaker we could have locked him down for cheaper this off season. Koa Misi was a horrible waste of money to never play a down. I wouldn’t include injuries usually, but it was obvious he wouldn’t play so we just handed him a few million for no reason. Maxwell was an awful waste of millions. Lawrence Timmons and Rey Maluga are in there.

I don’t agree Thomas and Cutler were wastes. They both played horrible, and I never want to see them near Miami again, but both were worth the gamble. I’m glad we tried to find a qb, and didn’t just chalk up the season in August. JT was worth the risk too. It didn’t work, but you miss 100% of the shots you don’t take. Neither had ramifications to the 2018 cap.

Back
Top Bottom