Miami Dolphins’ 5 worst salary cap values of 2017 season

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by DKphin, Jan 13, 2018 at 9:50 AM.

1. DKphin

DKphin A True Fan Donator

[​IMG]

http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachp...ins-5-worst-salary-cap-values-of-2017-season/

Fin Fan in Cali likes this.
  2. Danny

Danny FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

The Branch was not healthy crap wont fly. He's just an average player and always has been

Ozzy rules!!

3. BSQ

BSQ Scout Team

Branch isn't special but if healthy he's not hurting us. Not every player can be an all pro. Charles Harris needs a full off season with the team and he will come back stronger and maybe put 12-15 pounds on his frame. By the start of next season I'll bet Harris looks a little more buffed.

Fin Fan in Cali likes this.
  4. hoops

hoops exited stage left

Come on.

Tunsil doesn’t belong on that list. I know we didn’t get top 10 left tackle play this year but come on

5. artdnj

artdnj Time is Now Finheaven VIP

I dont care how rockin his body looks, i want pressure on opposing qbs. Jk

6. Fin Fan in Cali

Fin Fan in Cali Joanne Shaw Taylor Super Donator Finheaven VIP

Brother let's see if he is healthy and they give him more friends on the defensive line before we throw the towel in. I think he could have a very good 2018. Have a great weekend! John

7. Fin Fan in Cali

Fin Fan in Cali Joanne Shaw Taylor Super Donator Finheaven VIP

Got to get those clicks. I agree he needs to bring his A game this year.

8. maralieus

maralieus Lets get those balls deep!!

That comment section is brutal. Anybody that thinks Adam gase is the problem is clueless imo.

9. eric1317

eric1317 Rookie

Is stills a 9 mil wr?

MiamiMuss likes this.
  10. AJ Duhe

AJ Duhe FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

How is Kiko not on this list? $29 million over 3 years, $18.5 guaranteed. Ridiculous. We should have kept him at the RFA 1st round tender amount of $3.9 million for the year.

Front Office...Swing & a Miss!

Dajesus, fininpsl and joenhre like this.
  11. WCUPUNK

WCUPUNK Well-Known Member

The amount of money we gave Andre Branch was asinine. He is solid rotational DE but that is not worth $9m a season. Kiko should be on the list, I think his deal was a product of the team team's past mistake of not paying OV when he was affordable so they were gun shy. Also if you are going to criticize a first round pick for not living up to their potential that is clearly Parker over Tunsil. TJ McDonald deserves mention too not because it was a bad deal but because he is a SS playing FS and the front office gave him and Jones long term deals. We really missed IAQ this season.

joenhre likes this.
  12. MiamiMuss

MiamiMuss A True Fan

Branch Still Pouncey and Alonzeo.Simple

13. Kdawg954

Kdawg954 Paint on My Hands from Paintin the Perfect Picture Finheaven VIP Donator

Good lord why is tunsil on this list lol

Extremely poor job PBB. I knew this wasn't Schad tho.

14. Kdawg954

Kdawg954 Paint on My Hands from Paintin the Perfect Picture Finheaven VIP Donator

And honestly Cutler shouldn't be here either. 19 td, 14 int, 62% completion, 80+ QBR.

I mean top backups make more than 5 million and lower tier non rookie contract starters are gonna make 15. Jay at 10 was more than reasonable.

Alonso should of been on here . . . And of course Byron Maxwell.

Dajesus likes this.
  15. Dajesus

Dajesus A True Fan Donator

Kiko Alonso was #1 on this list for sure. The contracts they gave to Kiko and Branch were horrible wastes of gauranteed money, Kiko 10x worse because we had him locked down for cheaper. TJ McDonald was stupid, as we had him at the league minimum, and could have carried that money in to next years cap, and as wasn’t a game breaker we could have locked him down for cheaper this off season. Koa Misi was a horrible waste of money to never play a down. I wouldn’t include injuries usually, but it was obvious he wouldn’t play so we just handed him a few million for no reason. Maxwell was an awful waste of millions. Lawrence Timmons and Rey Maluga are in there.

I don’t agree Thomas and Cutler were wastes. They both played horrible, and I never want to see them near Miami again, but both were worth the gamble. I’m glad we tried to find a qb, and didn’t just chalk up the season in August. JT was worth the risk too. It didn’t work, but you miss 100% of the shots you don’t take. Neither had ramifications to the 2018 cap.