Miami Dolphins announce hiring of Dan Marino as Special Advisor | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins announce hiring of Dan Marino as Special Advisor

Daytona Fin

Queeks Draw
Club Member
Reaction score
In his role, the Hall of Fame quarterback will work with the organization in a variety of different capacities.
Miami Dolphins Chairman of the Board and Managing General Partner Stephen Ross announced today that Dan Marino has been named special advisor. In his role, Marino will work with the organization in a variety of different capacities.

“Dan is and will always be an important part of the Miami Dolphins and we are excited to get him involved in a more formal way,” Ross said. “Dan is unquestionably one of the greatest players in NFL history and his enthusiasm and passion for the Dolphins is inspiring to everyone here."

"I'm grateful for the opportunity to serve in this role. I have always considered myself a Dolphin for life and I look forward to supporting the organization anyway I can,” Marino added. “Stephen Ross is a passionate guy who is committed to building a first-class, winning organization. I'm excited about the future of the team and where the organization is headed.”

In his 17-year career with the Dolphins, Marino played in 242 games (240 starts) and was 4,967-8,358 (59.4 percent) for 61,361 yards, 420 touchdowns and 252 interceptions for an 86.4 passing efficiency rating. Marino holds 31 Dolphins regular season team records (43 overall, including playoffs) and is tied for three others (seven, including playoffs). Marino also holds five NFL regular season records and is tied for six others. He was elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame on February 5, 2005 and enshrined on August 7, 2005. Marino’s No. 13 jersey became the second Dolphins uniform number to be retired, on Sunday, September 17, 2000, at halftime of the Dolphins-Baltimore Ravens game at Sun Life Stadium, where he was inducted into the Dolphins Honor Roll. He was also a charter inductee in the Dolphins Walk of Fame on December 4, 2011.
http://www.miamidolphins.com/news/p...-Advisor/0b8d30be-b60e-48e6-88d3-be4e266cf8ff

Back
Top Bottom