Miami Dolphins @ Cincinnati Bengals

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by IronChef, Oct 24, 2010.

1. IronChef

IronChef A True Fan

Thougts?

Talk about a must win if we ever needed one! Our playoff hopes took a huge blow today and even though we are only 6 games in with our 3 losses coming to AFC opponents we are pretty much screwed unless we win 12-3 games. I can easily see us not getting in at 11-5 like the 2008 New England Patriots.

2. KYFinatic

KYFinatic Puck the Fats!

I'll be there! So I surely hope we win. But I'm skeptical of this team at best. Although we're not playing at "home" so we'll probably pull it out.

3. IronChef

IronChef A True Fan

Come on guys! This game is huge, and im actually nervous about this one. The Bengals are an air it out type of team and T.O is having a monster year considering his age. This is NOT a game we shouldnt be nervous about..

4. Ginn & Juice

Ginn & Juice The Grand Champ

T.O. and Ochocinco will molest our secondary. With that being said I believe we're the better team and come up with a close win.

5. HitmanHarris

HitmanHarris Active Member

If your secondary plays well you guys will win. It will also help if you can get that run game going again and eat some of the clock. Bengals defense is no where near as good as it was last year and Cedric Benson from what Ive seen has not seemed to be playing as well. It will be close but you should win.

6. amir7

amir7 Seasoned Veteran

When you look at the bengals roster, they have so many talented players at skill positions on both offense and defense, and you wonder why they're 2-4. The problem is they are horrible in the trenches. On defense they cant stop the run, and have amassed a measly 6 sacks in six games. There o-line is not much better, they've struggled to keep clean in pocket, and they dont open many lanes for their backs.

We have to limit TO and Ochocinco, if we do that, we win next week

7. NYinBostonFin

NYinBostonFin Playoffs Please!!

I just hope Carson Palmer's neighbor isn't head ref.

8. phinman1

phinman1 Seriously now

I'll be there. I have a pretty good record when I venture into enemy stadiums to watch the phins. Hopefully it will continue.

We have to have it. Seems like that is the deal every game.

9. ManBearPig

ManBearPig Starter

Ahh this week is finally here! Im going to this game sitting row 5, and its the first game ive been to in 4 years. We gotta win this one though, and we can win this game. We gotta do what we do and play solid football. If we play the way we have played the past two weeks then we definitely will win.

10. IronChef

IronChef A True Fan

I hope we win by 3 scores and go in the Raven game on fire

11. elite14eva

elite14eva Yashu Mane!!! Donator

with our secondary we lose.

12. dolpns13

dolpns13 Chest Rockwell is my hero Donator

Be certain, that Cincy is looking at this game as a win for them. Im sure they feel it is one game they SHOULD win

13. Sal Lisitano

Sal Lisitano Perennial All-Pro

The Fins need to be able to run the ball well and put pressure on C. Palmer. If we can do both things well I think we will win the game. It won't be easy. The Bengals need this game as well. You know that OchoCinco and T.O. are going to try to get into the heads of our young DB's. But I'm kind of more worried about their young TE Gresham (sp?) and Shipley (sp?) in the slot. Our inside linebackers need to play well in the middle of the field.

Go Fins!!!

14. Ginn & Juice

Ginn & Juice The Grand Champ

Are any NFL official from the Cincinatti area?

15. PALMA

PALMA A very famous spit

I feel like we will come out flat on the road against the Bengals.

We gave it our all against the Steelers and devastatingly came up short. They will have to answer about the ref questions for the next few days.

The Bengals will be licking there chops to put us out of the playoff race.

16. IronChef

IronChef A True Fan

How awesome would it be if Anthony Fasano burned Gibril Wilson for an 85 yard TD right up the seam?

It certainly would serve him right...

17. dolpns13

dolpns13 Chest Rockwell is my hero Donator

every team has to be licking their chops to play us.

18. lucid22

lucid22 Well-Known Member

Roddy White had a FIELD DAY against the Bengals secondary, hopefully Marshall can do the same.

19. BGtoKNfor6

BGtoKNfor6 Where is the reset button?

Unfortunately once we get inside the 20, we will run draws and send marshall out as the only wideout and Henne will be forced to throw a pick, tuck and run for 2 yards or throw it away. Miami will score 13 on the bengals because of this...

20. finfan54

finfan54 A True Fan Donator

Cincy blows. Not afraid of TO. Carson Palmer has desintigrated into mush. Cam Wake gonna wake his *** up.

21. The Phinisher

The Phinisher The Grand Champ

I honestly think this will be the game where we will win big.

22. finfan54

Cincy has 6 sacks. you think we are max protecting in this one? I say Fasano gonna have a big game. Ronnie Ricky too. control the ball but score early and often. fire henning. and then hit marshall 15 times in this one.

23. Abhenne7

Abhenne7 Dolphins4lyfe

Carson Palmer sucks. Wake is gonna feast on him all day. Unless they Line up T.O. with Jason Allen. At that point, We'll just have to pray Jason allen flukes some interceptions again, and hope not to let it become catching practice for T.O.

24. PhinsPhan11

PhinsPhan11 Phins & Philly Sports

The Bengals are struggling, but they have an explosive offense. I think the Phins are the better team and should win this game.

25. PhinsPhan11

PhinsPhan11 Phins & Philly Sports

With this team there is never a big win. I would like some, but they don't seem to happen with this team.

26. SRM

SRM Scout Team

Hopefully we don't "kiss da baby"

27. dimitri416

dimitri416 Active Member

Yeah we might get by Cincinnati which is a definite must win but so is the next game. Baltimore is even bigger but first we need to beat Cincy. Pitt has all but secured the Afc North don't see them giving it up. So that leaves two wild cards. One NE is the front runner with a good lead at that! Then it leaves Hou, Ten, Ind, Balt, all ahead of us. I can definately see the second place team in the AFC south finish 9-7 and lose out on the wild card spot. I see Baltimore finishing no worse than 10-6, which puts them into the final playoff wild card slot. So if we are to turn things around and start picking up some wins. Cincy game is a must win and the Baltimore is crucial for the final playoff spot. If we do turn it around I say we finish 10-6 tied with Baltimore and the head to head matchup will be the difference. But you know how this coaching staff is. Balt brings the same aura on defense as the steelers. We will play afraid again, conservative which will probably cost us the game. Nonetheless Cincy needs to be handle first and then the Baltimore game is a playoff game for us.

28. dimitri416

dimitri416 Active Member

Cincy and Baltimore are road games. Sorry but noway we go 5-0 to start the season on the road. No chance! Season will definitely be over in the next two weeks!

29. mega-fin-love

mega-fin-love Just trust me Donator

i could not disagree more bro. They know they are getting a pissed off Miami team that just got robbed of a victory against the best team in the league. They might also suspect that we are better than they are, because we are

30. mega-fin-love

mega-fin-love Just trust me Donator

I think we beat Cincy worse than any of the other teams we have beaten. Im gonna say 27- 13

31. lucid22

lucid22 Well-Known Member

Their receivers scare me, I know there's gonna be a 30+ yard TD, book it.

32. ManBearPig

ManBearPig Starter

So you think were gonna lose both games? And even if we do you think the seasons over? Chill dude, we will be atleast cinci and who knows maybe even baltimore. If we atleast split those games we should be fine.

33. Aqua and Orange

Aqua and Orange Poster With A Porpoise Finheaven VIP Donator

I think we win this one with QB pressure on Palmer.

34. SeasonsMusic

SeasonsMusic Pianist

this team is playing terrible, we will play down to them like every other team & probably lose close

35. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Premium Member

Cincinnati is working on a 2-6 record over their last 8 games, and a 3-8 record in their last 11 games. This qualifies as a team that Miami should beat. I realize that there's a tendency toward irrationality in the fan base whenever the team loses, but the Dolphins have shown that they are better than the Bengals this year.

In the end it's Miami's pass rush hitting and rattling Carson Palmer that will win this game for us. Vontae Davis is going to look to get back at Terrell Owens a little bit for how Owens did him in that second Buffalo game. Vontae's good in those situations. He shut down Randy Moss when they had a good revenge game.

Then it'll come down to Chad OchoCinco and he's definitely hurt Jason Allen before...made him look silly in Week 17 of 2007 I want to say. But, I have a feeling Miami is going to give Sean Smith his old job back for this one.

If Jermaine Gresham has a big game, Miami could get into some trouble. They'll be focusing on Cincinnati's ground game, and receivers. They can have trouble with a Tight End in a situation like that. I think one thing that could be key would be if they do move Sean Smith back into his old spot and then give Tyrone Culver back his dime safety position, Culver could play well enough to get a handle on Gresham. He has that in him.

The hell if I know why they're not getting Geno Atkins more involved in the defense, but since they're not, that's a good thing. They seem to stop the run but they do so at a cost because they go heavy and then their linebackers are left exposed in coverage, and neither Dhani Jones nor Rey Maualuga can really keep up. I think the Dolphins will have some opportunities there with Anthony Fasano and Davone Bess. If they go into nickel against us a lot because of the threat of Bess, then there should be some running room.

36. IronChef

IronChef A True Fan

We need this one to stay relevant. With the Pats and Jets both at 5-1 we have no room for error.

37. Abhenne7

Abhenne7 Dolphins4lyfe

Shut Up

38. finnns2000

finnns2000 A True Fan

Pass rush must take advantage of the porous Bungals OL. Need big things from Misi and Wake.

39. The Phinisher

The Phinisher The Grand Champ

I just visited the Bengals forum JungleNoise.com and alot their fans feel like they have no chance to win against us. They are just as disgruntled about their team as we are about ours. We really need this one guys.

40. IronChef

IronChef A True Fan

If we cant Carson Palmer from connecting on deep passes to T.O and Ocho we SHOULD be in good shape

41. Mogwai

Mogwai Seasoned Veteran

Cincy's a good team, but probably the second worst team we'll have played all year. Our schedule has been brutal. Our corners need to get physical with those big WRs and Cam needs to skin Carson alive. But if we don't get aggressive with our offense, we don't win.

42. IronChef

IronChef A True Fan

We need to come out on fire.

43. finfan54

pacman jones just went on IR

44. IronChef

IronChef A True Fan

Nice

45. Ricky'sWeinerBong

Ricky'sWeinerBong Tony Jabroni

I was just about to ask. With Pacman on IR, who will rip us apart on returns? their backup RB whos name escapes me right now is much more explosive than Benson. I also like Shipley in the slot. Theres no shortage of weapons on that offense, thats for sure.

46. Nublar7

Nublar7 Retired Finheaven VIP

We will win this game. Could be the first game of the year that we win by 10+ points.

47. nerfball

nerfball A True Fan

went back to watch the benglols game vs the falcons. cinci's defense is not good, I mean, if we can't put 3 TD's on these clowns, I dont know what to tell you. their offense doesn't look terrible, but they're really undisciplined and make a lot of mistakes to kill drives. is carson palmer hurt? he's missing a lot of passes and chad ochocinco looks disinterested. weird. they have potential, though and if they get their act together and turn it on, we could have trouble given how bad our secondary continues to be. you can bet that jason allen will get toasted again this week and if vontae hasn't figured out a double move yet, he might give one up, too.

this might be a high scoring game.

48. das8929

das8929 Starter

I just wanna win, and we should. We went into GB and did it, so we definitely have the confidence. Just don't let Henning on the plane.

49. DphinBillkiller

DphinBillkiller Touchdown

This is surely a must win game against the lowly Bengals.