Miami Dolphins coach Adam Gase says it's fun being around TE Julius Thomas | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins coach Adam Gase says it's fun being around TE Julius Thomas

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
I come into this season with restrained enthusiasm. We have been down this road before, so the train wreck lingers in the back recesses of my mind. I can truly say we have more offensive punch than we have had in a long time. I hope the O-Line can hold up. I hope the defensive scheme does not screw us over again. I hope we do not fall apart as a team. I hope...

cdnph.upi_.comMiami-Dolphins-coach-Adam-dd38cba9cfd14e81411d1668408c531f32d82d27.jpg

“It’s not hard for him to fit in,” Gase said Thursday at the Dolphins’ final day of its mandatory three-day minicamp. “He’s going to fit in because he’s going to talk to everybody. He’s going to know everything about everybody. I think he’s just enjoying being back in this system. I’ve enjoyed it because it’s fun for me. I was with him when he was a rookie. Watching him go through some really low moments in his career and then I saw him at the highest of the high. To get him back and he’s a veteran, it’s been really fun to be around him again.”
https://newsline.com/miami-dolphins...9it039s-fun039-being-around-te-julius-thomas/

Last edited:
Thomas has two things to prove and neither one is how he fits in or whether Gase had enough faith in him to make the gamble.

Thomas must show:

1. Durability. When the pads go on, through a 16 game season, and be able to perform at a high level should we get into the playoffs.

2. That he can add a vertical seam threat to this offense.

Sure, he's a big target with a wide catch radius so we would love for him to be a red zone weapon. Sure, it would be great if he were to become a good option on 3rd down. Sure, we would be ecstatic if he could morph into a serviceable run blocker. Sure, it's always good to have a TE that can pass protect and pick up the blitz.

But those are not the things he must prove. For Julius Thomas, they are all gravy. He is being brought in to be the one and only seam threat on a team that sorely needs one. The time to prove thise things is yet to come.

If Thomas can stay healthy, and our OLine is decent, I expect him to be one of the biggest offseason acquisitions for us.

Thomas has two things to prove and neither one is how he fits in or whether Gase had enough faith in him to make the gamble.

Thomas must show:

1. Durability. When the pads go on, through a 16 game season, and be able to perform at a high level should we get into the playoffs.

2. That he can add a vertical seam threat to this offense.

Sure, he's a big target with a wide catch radius so we would love for him to be a red zone weapon. Sure, it would be great if he were to become a good option on 3rd down. Sure, we would be ecstatic if he could morph into a serviceable run blocker. Sure, it's always good to have a TE that can pass protect and pick up the blitz.

But those are not the things he must prove. For Julius Thomas, they are all gravy. He is being brought in to be the one and only seam threat on a team that sorely needs one. The time to prove thise things is yet to come.

If that happens, our offense will be a beautiful sight to see.

He could really open up opportunities for our other talented skill players as well.

I'm really enjoying this offseason..feels different and not like other years

I truly think we are the most talented I've ever seen.

I'm 27 so I never really got to see the Marino years.

After we got Seau and Sammy Knight I was thinking we'd be great.

Then, everything unraveled once Ricky intentionally got caught smoking. (He didn't give a $hit at that point)

He could really open up opportunities for our other talented skill players as well.

I'm really enjoying this offseason..feels different and not like other years

I truly think we are the most talented I've ever seen.

I'm 27 so I never really got to see the Marino years.

After we got Seau and Sammy Knight I was thinking we'd be great.

Then, everything unraveled once Ricky intentionally got caught smoking. (He didn't give a $hit at that point)

I saw 3/4 of Marino years (wasnt paying attention for first few) and this team still feels up there. Our defense, while unproven has more stars as is than Marino ever had. Marinos best RB i remember was Mark Higgs (not a good thing). And this years WR corp can be as good as anything Marino had outside Duper/Clayton heyday (and could argue marino had alot to do with both). Of course, Marino was Marino, but Tanny best thing since and story still unwritten.

I saw 3/4 of Marino years (wasnt paying attention for first few) and this team still feels up there. Our defense, while unproven has more stars as is than Marino ever had. Marinos best RB i remember was Mark Higgs (not a good thing). And this years WR corp can be as good as anything Marino had outside Duper/Clayton heyday (and could argue marino had alot to do with both). Of course, Marino was Marino, but Tanny best thing since and story still unwritten.

Thanks brother!!

My pops tells me a ton of stories and growing up Marino literally had a shroud in one of my living rooms lol

I love what you said about Ryan.

The sky's the limit. Any other QB with 106 tds and 66 ints would get a lot more respect.

We have so much talent at important positions and so much room to grow.

It's going to be an exciting year IMO.

I think we've waited long enough to become a special team.

We have the coach, talent, atmosphere, and I really see things improving rather quickly.

The last 3 drafts have made us into a strong squad..Landry, Parker, AJayi, Tunsil, Howard are blue chip players IMO.

Add the others like James, Lippett, Phillips, and McCain and that's pretty productive players.

I will be the first to say I didn't want a DE and specifically Harris but I can't help but to jump on the bandwagon.

Getting Harris, Mcmillan, and Tankersley was a great draft based off of value so we will see.

Nfl.com has Mcmillan on it's all rookie team and earlier said harris was projected to have 7 sacks. (can't find the article)

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap3000000807670

Didn't Stills take some snaps running out of the slot and right down the middle of the field? Although not fast, I know Landry did some vertical work from the slot as well... Wouldn't that technically be considered a seam threat too? I mean, I get the meaning of the phrase, but it's not like we didn't make ANY plays with receivers going vertical up the middle of the field.

I remember that, but in Ricky's defense he was grossly overused that year by Wannstedt (sorry for the misspelling) to a career threatening extent. I could be wrong, it's only my opinion, but I felt Ricky reacted in an almost survival instinct thing. After all getting suspended got him out of that situation without taking the responsibility of quitting. I agree he didn't care at that point, but my point is if he was taken better care of it may not have gotten to that. That lies on the head coach. All water under the bridge though, I'm really hoping this team continues to be well coached and improves! Excelsior!:thumbsup

I remember that, but in Ricky's defense he was grossly overused that year by Wannstedt (sorry for the misspelling) to a career threatening extent. I could be wrong, it's only my opinion, but I felt Ricky reacted in an almost survival instinct thing. After all getting suspended got him out of that situation without taking the responsibility of quitting. I agree he didn't care at that point, but my point is if he was taken better care of it may not have gotten to that. That lies on the head coach. All water under the bridge though, I'm really hoping this team continues to be well coached and improves! Excelsior!:thumbsup

Oh you're 100% correct IMO.

His body must've been in a downward spiral after getting that many carries in only 2 years.

Everyone has to remember he's only human. (Super human to us (: )

He knew that would be a way to escape the torture and pain he had to go through.

If you've ever met Ricky, you can tell he's a little different lol

He's always been cool to me but just different lol

Good guy overall

Back
Top Bottom