Miami Dolphins Dolphins make good on promise to feature Jay Ajayi | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins Dolphins make good on promise to feature Jay Ajayi

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
450s44170917008_Dolphins_at_Chargers.jpg

Adam Gase asserted that he could see Ajayi logging as many as 350 carries this season, which would be a massive undertaking for any back in today’s NFL game. That comment from May 25 was followed by more praise from offensive coordinator Clyde Christensen just two weeks later. Christensen was quoted as saying, “he’s a different guy than a year ago,” suggesting that Ajayi may be the most improved player on the roster.
https://www.fanragsports.com/dolphins-make-good-on-promise-to-feature-jay-ajayi/

Really hope those knees can last thru an extended contract. He's the best player on the team. Haven't been excited about a Miami skill posistion player since Prime Ricky.

Everyone brings up his knees, but he made it though college. It may shave off 1-2 years off his career, but I do not think it is that big of a deal. So he will have an 8yr career instead of a 10yr career.

Hes gonna lead the league in rushing. Hes top 10 even though he only played 1 game to everybody's 2. Ajayi is for real

It's funny this exact same time last year, most of you wanted him cut. And EVERYONE was blasting letting Lamar walk.

Besides me of course... ;)

It's funny this exact same time last year, most of you wanted him cut. And EVERYONE was blasting letting Lamar walk.

It's not against NFL rules to have two good complimentary RB's. Just saying.

It's not against NFL rules to have two good complimentary RB's. Just saying.
Well, the reason most of you were upset was because, you didn't think jay could do it... no? I never thought Lamar was that great TBH, and I know a lot of his love around here came from homerism playing at the U and all. Though the same can be said about myself and Jay at Boise St.

Well, the reason most of you were upset was because, you didn't think jay could do it... no? I never thought Lamar was that great TBH, and I know a lot of his love around here came from homerism playing at the U and all. Though the same can be said about myself and Jay at Boise St.

It was the previous coaching staff subduing Miller and cutting his carries in an attempt to lower his contract demands by limiting his production. Miller was a top 10 RB for total rushing yards last year and has a very respectable career 4.4 Y/C. Thrown in his veteran knowledge, blitz pick up, and receiving ability out of the backfield and it doesn't make any sense why we let him go. Pay-wise we throw away way more guaranteed money at lesser players, so I don't buy the contract demand argument either. For me it had nothing to do with Ajayi. I am in favor of two complimentary backs.

Everyone brings up his knees, but he made it though college. It may shave off 1-2 years off his career, but I do not think it is that big of a deal. So he will have an 8yr career instead of a 10yr career.

I would even argue that years 9 and 10 are fairly unproductive for runningbacks.

So you talk for everyone on this site. I could give two flips about Miller, the man that almost never made a 3rd and 1. And almost allwise went down on 1st contact. As far as Jay goes I wanted to see what he could do in the pros. I seen plenty of him in college and he was great at Boise. But there is a big jump from Boise and the NFL.

350 carries amount to 22 carries per game. I don't see it as too much for a feature back.

Last edited:
It was the previous coaching staff subduing Miller and cutting his carries in an attempt to lower his contract demands by limiting his production. Miller was a top 10 RB for total rushing yards last year and has a very respectable career 4.4 Y/C. Thrown in his veteran knowledge, blitz pick up, and receiving ability out of the backfield and it doesn't make any sense why we let him go. Pay-wise we throw away way more guaranteed money at lesser players, so I don't buy the contract demand argument either. For me it had nothing to do with Ajayi. I am in favor of two complimentary backs.

i don't think it was that cynical - lamar is once again showing nfl coaches what he showed in college...that he's not a 20 carry per game bell cow....there were plenty of stats showing his YPC go down later in games after accumulating carries, and his body will never allow him to be a bell cow back... at 4 years 26 mil with a nice grtd number....that's lead back figures right there, top 5 if you don't include leveon on the franchise tag.

letting miller walk was a smart move, imo by this FO. he hasn't been what he was supposed to be in Houston, and i am just as happy giving Drake a handful of carries per game than i would be trying to split duties between Jay Train and Miller.

I just hope we keep on featuring him and he holds up. That will do wonders for the play action pass.

Back
Top Bottom