Miami Dolphins' draft grades carry wide range | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins' draft grades carry wide range

kiper.jpg

I was worried the Mel was going to give us a good grade. WHEW!

Didn't he have glowing reviews for some of the biggest busts throughout recent draft history?

He ridiculed the Raekwon McMillan pick and said he would be a good pick....in 1985 or 1995. Which is to suggest he's just a slow, athletically limited plugger.
Did he ever study film of RM? Or attend the combine?
We have a 240 lb physical LB who ran a 4.61 40 and led OSU in tackles for 2 yrs.
The kid is only 20 yrs old and can conceivably be bigger and faster in the next couple of yrs.
Did he bother to look at the pick from that perspective?
He also said Asiata was undraftable. How can you make a statement like that after looking at his college success for 3 yrs.

I was worried the Mel was going to give us a good grade. WHEW!

Didn't he have glowing reviews for some of the biggest busts throughout recent draft history?
If he'd have given us an F, I'd put money on the Fins to win the Superbowl.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

He's not the only one NFLN gave us the worst grade of all the afc east teams. Think his name is Daniel Jeramia or something like that gave us a B.

If you're smart and this kind of stuff bothers you don't even look at it. It's always BB is brilliant, anything Dolphin is a joke. Brady is a supreme being, Tannehill is toilet paper! It's become so bias that it's laughable. I do agree that when we had Philbin there wasn't much about the team that merited much good press. We now have a real Coach who took a largely mediocre team to the play offs and the future of the Dolphins is very bright. If you listened to the explanations from the FO of why each player was taken in the draft it becomes crystal clear that there is a plan of action and it is being followed. Thee is a vision of where we want to get to and how we plan to get there. This is very different than the past Dolphin brain trusts, if you want to call them that, and unless you're very dense or already have your mind made up, based on last seasons results you have to admit that this iteration of the Dolphins deserves some respect. If respect is only earned in the play offs than maybe we're not there yet but this is not the Bullygate Dolphin joke of a team with the moron Philbin and the idiot Ireland leading the way. We're far better than that, we know that, and the media, who are front runners will jump on our ship in due time. If you watched the draft on ESPN you noticed that every time the Dolphins were about to pick it was time for a commercial, I saw the same thing on the NFL channel! Our time is coming, maybe we're still being made to pay for the undefeated team under Shula, who knows.

Don't blame Mel. For 20 plus years Miami has proven they can't draft their way out of a paper bag.

Better hope he's wrong again

I can't stand Mel. He talks in generalities and doesn't break down film.....and hates when others disagree during broadcasts, almost in childish way. Plus, he's wrong much more than others. I love Mayock. Even when he's wrong, he breaks it down like no other and stands behind his evaluations (although i'm thinking his Top5 lists are just click bait to drive traffic with how often they change). Same with DJ.

I also have grown to like Louis Riddick of late. Bucky Brooks is solid. John Gruden is entertaining....especially when he shows the bad tape. Charles Davis and McShay are good TV personalities.

As much as i dislike Mel, he is the reason i love the Draft so much and started ranking guys when i was 8 years old. He does deserve credit for turning the Draft into what it is today.

It's a total guess at this point. Some of these guys may be busts and some may be diamonds in the rough, while we won't get the whole picture, we won't truly know how good anyone's draft was til the end of the year.

If McMillan is a bust but the guy from the CFL pans out or Chase Allen does no one will really care as long as the team has good starters and adequate depth. All draftees need to develop and at this point they are getting to the point that will really determine their success in the nfl, and if they hope that their college career will carry over then they are already busts.

I think BPA and need did go hand and hand this year. Harris was the BPA and a need IMO>

I'm going to say this Big Board is brilliant.

http://pigskinprospects.com/big-board/

IF this board is anywhere close to being accurate
the FO just hit back-to-back-to-back home runs
. . . . . . including the walk-off

1 top 15 - raek (13)
2 top 20 - harris (20)
3 top 35 - tank (34)
4 top 75 - ford (74)
5 top 90 - godchaux (86)
6 top 110 - taylor (109)
7 top 115 - asiata (113)

113 was the 6th pick of the 4th round