miami dolphins FIGHT SONG

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by jd13, Jul 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jd13

jd13 Guest

if anyone is interested, the fight song is now at the dolphins official web site,miami dolphins.com...click on history and you will see fight song...you could just lsten to it or download it...

2. dolphan39

dolphan39 Maria & LauRen Aha!

3. Muck

Muck Now completely imaginary

You mean that hokey old piece of crap?? God I hate that thing. I feel like I'm at a hoedown every time they play it. It's a big joke amongst other team's fans. Time to UPDATE!!

4. dolphan39

dolphan39 Maria & LauRen Aha!

The words can stay, we need '87 to write new music though :rocker:

5. Muck

TRUE

6. dolfan87

dolfan87 The Human Bullet

I was working on that, but then Greenwood said he wrote a new fight song. I then hear the song and now I think I had better get back to work on it as I didn't much care for his version.

I will get back on it.

You guys want the same lyrics?

7. WharfRat

WharfRat A True Fan

The lyrics could be OK... but the music has got to go....

8. badfoot

badfoot nonpredictor

I would be happy to help with music or lyrical ideas .I am a guitarist /percussionist and could whip something up to see if it flys ... I would suggest much harder rock type sound or at least something with a good beat .I think that song sucked when it was new ...thats how truely bad its . Lets force dolphins brass to redo this tragically ancient piece of crap uninspired song !!!

9. The Beach Bum

The Beach Bum Communication Artist, DSOA, WPB.FL

that "piece of crap" is the only thing that is miami dolphins tradition. For the past...... who knows how long, after every touchdown it was played. If you want to change the music, and how it is sung fine, but dont change the words. By saying that, you know how the steelers brought back their "terrible towel" Well, i was watching these shows with past dolphins games on them, and all the fans flung white towels around. How about we bring those back, someone can tell mr.huizenga, and he can sell them at every game. He should be happy, he gets more money. THat basterd :(

10. inFINSible

inFINSible Don't believe everything you think.

I don't think we need to be waving white towels.....Orange and teal maybe, but white, never. That means we surrender, right?

11. The Beach Bum

yeah, i guess, but we did it the entire 1972 season, and we never surrenderd then did we?

12. The Beach Bum

and maybe just a teal towel, we dont want to be getting too flashy...... that will look sort of flamish

13. Bobby Humphrey

Bobby Humphrey I got cut Donator

I kinda like the fight song we have now

14. Muck

I don't know about the lyrics to our song. If I'm not mistaken, didn't the guy who wrote our song pimp the same lyrics and music out to the Houston Oilers shortly thereafter?? Just changed the team name in the song to "Houston Oilers".

I don't care if it's the same lyrics or not. As long as we change what we've got.

15. PhinstiGator

PhinstiGator Hungry For A Championship

For some strange reason our fight song always reminds me of the Houston Oilers. I dont' know who used the tune first...the Phins or the Oilers, but it doesn't do much for me other than remind me of Earl Campbill.

I am definitely ready for a new tropical swarm fight song...words and tune.

16. relive1972

relive1972 Premium Member

I can't believe what I'm reading here. Change the fight song? Why? Because it's not pleasing to you young guys?

That fight song is one of the few traditions and link to the glory days that this team has left. When you get to be my age, you tend to appreciate those traditions more. Get real. Can you see a major University changing their fight song just because the newer generation doesn't like it? No way!

BTW, the Dolphin fight song was first, and the Houston Oilers don't exist anymore. Hopefully the Titans have their own fight song, because the Oiler fight song was a rip-off of the Dolphin one.

Leave the Dolphin fight song "as is".

17. minus

minus Perennial All-Pro

I'm probably one of the youngest member and I don't think is that bad.Well a make over wouldn't be bad either.Keep the lyrics but change the music!!!!!!!!!!!!.....Might have sounded good in the 70's but now is sound like something you will play in funeral......

18. beefalow

beefalow Active Member

Howa bout,the Barney song;~I love you~~you love me~ were a happy family~~ and a nic -nac patti wac~~~~~~~~:lol:

19. WharfRat

WharfRat A True Fan

I'm not a "younger guy"... I remember hearing the fight song in Shula's first season... I didn't like the music then either... sounds like the team's state is West Virginia...not Fla. The lyrics are fine... just needs a better arrangement.

20. PhinstiGator

PhinstiGator Hungry For A Championship

I wish I was young...then I would not have watched Earl Campbell bounce outside and take it down the sideline for the TD and listened to 10's of thousands of Houston Oiler fans singing that fight song. It ruined me for life. LOL.

I just think that we could do much better with something that has more of a Miami flavor. Some traditions are worth holding on to ...and some need a complete overhaul.

21. johncrouse

johncrouse Rookie

Actually, the "Fight Song" in question was used by the Houston Oilers first. The song's writer, Lee Ofman, presented it to the Dolphins and was rejected. He subsequently took it to the Oilers who adapted it as their song. The Dolphins did accept the song later.

John.

22. Dolpfan_72

Dolpfan_72 Why not us?

I agree we should keep it the same. It just needs a little TLC. A remake with a acoustic guitar or something would be a little better than the banjo. Never cared for the banjo solo much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.