Miami Dolphins: Great? Not yet, but they have potential!

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by FinAtic8480, Oct 20, 2010.

1. FinAtic8480

FinAtic8480 A True Fan

http://www.thephinsider.com/

2. nyjunc

nyjunc Banned Hammered

Can you put together a win streak again before we start seeing words like "great"? You came off losing two straight div games at home and beat up a badly beaten up GB team. Good win but let's not go crazy.

3. fin13

fin13 A True Fan

I wouldn't talk too much after seeing the Jets play last week you guys looked like $hit playing against a team that can't run and with lots injuries.
    There is lots of football to be played.

4. nyjunc

nyjunc Banned Hammered

Didn't you guys just beat a team that cannot run w/ even more key injuries than Denver? Did you have a short week and fly across Country?

I'm not the one talking about my team being great though threough 6 weeks I have the right to do that w/ the best record in the league.

5. Eli_Manning

Eli_Manning Banned Hammered

If they can beat the Stillers then they can be considered legit.

6. Berry

Berry Active Member

You do realize no where does it say we are great...Having potential is what it actually said... And really, what do you expect the media/fan sites who write these articles to say? smh

7. nyjunc

nyjunc Banned Hammered

The word "great" and "not yet" shouldn't be used. You won one game after a 2 game losing streak and you beat a badly beaten up team in OT. It's a good win but ket's see you prove it over the course of the next 3-4 weeks before we even see those words used for Miami. A week ago fans were jumping off cliffs and now you are going to be great. It's crazy. This isn't a shot on Miami fans, it happens everywhere. After a good win you are great, after a bad loss you suck. There's too wide a range of emotions for media and fans.

8. phins2k3

phins2k3 Scout Team

I have to agree with Nyjunc.So far look at the three games we have won.We beat a pretty bad Buffalo team,a cripple Minnesota team with a Brett Favre having a horrible start of the season and a Green bay team that were missing some key components or players.Don't get me wrong I'm happy that we are 3-0 in the road which doesn't matter who you play is very hard to do.But in my eyes we haven't beaten an elite or good team yet and the chance the we had to proof that we belong there with the so call great teams when we played the Jets and the Patriots,well you guys know how that went.If we beat the Steelers and the Ravens then we can probably start talking about how great we can be and that we are turning things around.But so far the only good thing we have done is just that we are 3-0 on the road,but like I said in another post.What's the point having a good road record if you can't win your home games?

9. qmar

qmar Well-Known Member

Wow Junc. Read the thread title. It says the Dolphins are NOT great yet, but they have potential. Settle down.

10. WISfinfan13

WISfinfan13 Enter at your own risk...

Take your 16,000 posts else were. You have been getting more annoying than ever the past couple weeks. The guy used the word potential as the word describing the team not "great". Get over yourself. And if your gunna comment read more carefully. Tough skill id imagine.

11. nyjunc

nyjunc Banned Hammered

I get it but it is implying they are on the verge of being great and that could be the case but coming off losing 2 home division games then winning in OT against a beat up team I think that inference is a bit premature.

12. WISfinfan13

He didnt say we were on the verge. He said we have the potential.

13. Berry

Berry Active Member

I understand what you are saying. However, I keep reading that "we beat a weak Buffalo team", or "The Packers and Vikes were banged up", etc. You play whats in front of you, and injuries are an unfortunate part of the game. However, thats why you build a team with depth in case injuries do happen...A win against a banged up team feels just as good as a win against a fully healthy team.

As for the losses, they happen with every team. We played a good game against you guys, however, Sanchez and co just were better that night. It happens. You also get the games where its just not your night, when the Pats steamrolled us. That also happens. The ups and downs happen with almost every team in the NFL every season. All I was saying is that the article never said we were great, merely that we have potential.

14. Ilovemyfins4eva

Ilovemyfins4eva A True Fan Donator

Denver had 5 starting defensive players out i believe. that's a ton of key injuries. whether they are as good as the packer players who were out is one thing,but they can be just as important to their own team.

15. fishfanmiami

fishfanmiami Have you seen junior's grades ? Moderator Finheaven VIP

If my team was playing great and leading the division the LAST place I would be is on another teams board critisizing a post that just says the Fins have potential to be great. Insecure are we ??????
    You did the same to me not long ago.
    Get a life dude.
    Please crawl back into the dark place Jets fans live and just go away.
    Your sorry azz input is not needed or appreciated.
    ~~~ GOOOOO FINS ~~~

p.s. J E T S (fans) sux sux sux

16. WISfinfan13

I love this...But it wont be popular on this site due to the continual gushing at the feet of Junc.

17. nyjunc

nyjunc Banned Hammered

yes I am very insecure:lol:

Do you get I am a regular here? I add my educated opinion into many threads which are more appreciated than 3rd grade style insult posts like you have posted towards me.

18. Wildbill3

Wildbill3 Misery Loves Company Administrator Finheaven VIP

we have a win streak, 3 straight road wins.

19. Swantoon

Swantoon A True Fan

The only difference is your trolling attempts are more subtle. I won't go so far as to say you are a worthless poster. You do add good insight in some threads, but you also love to try to piss people off. You say you are not a troll, but you do some trolling.

20. jfleag61

jfleag61 A True Fan

I think we should petition the league to let us finish the rest of our schedual on the road!! I thought we played well against the jets, just came out on the short end. And against the pats??? I think that the coaching staff was finally made aware of just how bad the special teams actualy were, IN A BIG WAY!! We need all three units to play well in order for this team to continue to progress. The next 3-4 games are crucial....only time will tell.

21. nyjunc

nyjunc Banned Hammered

Let me know when they stop counting home games b/c your total win streak right now is 1.

I speak the truth, if that pisses people off so be it but I don't intentionally try to post things to piss people off. I write what I believe and I back it up w/ facts.

22. flynryan15

flynryan15 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Flying to Denver is not flying across the county! Don't bother arguing I do it 6-8 times a month, so I have just a bit more knowledge on that then you! Not to mention it is coming back that would upsets your body clock not going to Denver. Also NFL teams don't spend enough time in a city to experience the true effects of Jet Lag! However teams like the 49ers, Seahawks, Raiders and Chargers do face a distinct disadvantage when traveling say to Miami for a 1pm game.

23. nyjunc

nyjunc Banned Hammered

It's not flying across Country? It's not the west coast but it's across the Country and a long flight on a short week in a tough place to play w/ that altitude. In all my years watching the Jets I can remember one other win in Denver(1999) so it's a pretty big deal after a big Mon Night win, flying across Country on a short week playing in tough place to play w/ everything going against us.

24. fiftyofhaze

fiftyofhaze the entire organization

Hey junc it's week ****in 6. What happens if lt goes down??? Sanchez wills return to form soon as the 2 should be 4 picks he threw show. U barely beat us and pats we beat ourselves. I want to fight u. I'm in jersey. Let me know where
    u want to meet me. Cmon I'll give u a handicap. Please

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2010
  25. Swantoon

Swantoon A True Fan

No you came into this thread to argue semantics and piss people off. You know the title doesn't say the Phins are great, but you will argue because you know people will take the bait.

26. Swantoon

Swantoon A True Fan

Will you have your Wake jersey on?

27. nyjunc

nyjunc Banned Hammered

:lol2::lol2:

28. miamiron

miamiron A True Fan

[​IMG]

29. MadDog 88

MadDog 88 Smoke 'em Jay Finheaven VIP

Junc's right. The writer let his emotion over ride his article. It wasn't a great game. It was a good game that they needed to win. It is hard to measure the potential because of the inconsistency. When they can string together a group of games (win or lose) in which the entire team plays well, then you'll see the potential. To date, that hasn't happened.

30. fishfanmiami

fishfanmiami Have you seen junior's grades ? Moderator Finheaven VIP

[​IMG]

Just saying :))))))

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2010
  31. tylerdolphin

tylerdolphin More Smug than Birthday Dog Moderator Finheaven VIP

[​IMG]

32. fiftyofhaze

fiftyofhaze the entire organization

Whoa I bought a wake jersey last year before this entire world was on his ****. Must be doing something wrong.

33. Vaark

Vaark Nihil taurus crappus Finheaven VIP Donator

Considering that the distance between Newark-Denver is only maybe 120miles further than Fort Lauderdale to Minneapolis surely you'd agree that the Fins deserve even more props for having to make a similar trip and play in one of the most proven-to-be home team advantageous homer domes in the league?

34. MadDog 88

Yes this would be the dome that has the noise rate of 150,000 people yet there are only 75,000 in the stands :ponder:

35. flynryan15

So then say we went in the road and won in a tough environment! He let me help you! The Dolphins went in to a hostile environment one of the toughest places to place, just line Mile High Stadium. We played a injury rattled team just like the Jets did. We didn't play great, but we won! See how ****ing easy that was?

No your plane flight had nothing to do with it you still left on the same day you always do.

36. tylerdolphin

tylerdolphin More Smug than Birthday Dog Moderator Finheaven VIP

[​IMG]

Thread has potential.

37. hoops

hoops exited stage left

i agree with the thread title that this team has potential to do some things this year...but there is no doubt in my mind that to date we aren't playing the game at a serious contender level

we'll see what week 6 brings...

38. flynryan15

North to south is never a problem, well unless we are talking about taking off out of Newark flying directly north over a polar route and landing in Tokyo. You have to cross a few time zones. The big problem for NFL teams is when they do it in back to back weeks.

39. Swantoon

Swantoon A True Fan

Did you get on TV with it?

40. MadDog 88

Interesting you bring up the travel effecting you only in one direction. When living in Japan I made the trip many times and traveling west back to Japan, never gave me a problem with jet lag. It was coming east that it took a couple of days to adjust