Miami Dolphins: Great? Not yet, but they have potential! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins: Great? Not yet, but they have potential!

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
I especially enjoyed watching the Dolphins play this past Sunday!

Of course, there were the obvious reasons; great game, Miami win, etc... But also because I got to share this Miami win with some friends of mine in Denver. When you live outside of Miami, it is sometimes challenging to find other Miami fans to sit down with, have a beer, watch the game, and root for our Fins. So I left Southern California on Friday evening and rolled into Denver just in time to catch the game with some real, live Fin Fans!

And how sweet a victory it was!

But something else that is interesting is that when you are actually watching the game with friends, you talk about stuff more than if you just happen to be sitting next to some guy in a sports bar. You know, "stuff". Dolphins "stuff". Like the offseason moves and Greg Camarillo's two famous catches (c'mon, you know - the OT TD in the 1-15 season, and the incredible "***-catch"); or the confusion we shared when we drafted a whole family with one draft pick, and how much we could use "Crash" Jensen on Special Teams today.

It was awesome!

But it also got me watching the Dolphins game play a bit differently. Kind of looking at the progress we have made over the past few seasons, but also seeing the evolution of the team as well.

http://www.thephinsider.com/

Can you put together a win streak again before we start seeing words like "great"? You came off losing two straight div games at home and beat up a badly beaten up GB team. Good win but let's not go crazy.

Can you put together a win streak again before we start seeing words like "great"? You came off losing two straight div games at home and beat up a badly beaten up GB team. Good win but let's not go crazy.

I wouldn't talk too much after seeing the Jets play last week you guys looked like $hit playing against a team that can't run and with lots injuries.
There is lots of football to be played.

I wouldn't talk too much after seeing the Jets play last week you guys looked like $hit playing against a team that can't run and with lots injuries.
There is lots of football to be played.

Didn't you guys just beat a team that cannot run w/ even more key injuries than Denver? Did you have a short week and fly across Country?

I'm not the one talking about my team being great though threough 6 weeks I have the right to do that w/ the best record in the league.

If they can beat the Stillers then they can be considered legit.

Didn't you guys just beat a team that cannot run w/ even more key injuries than Denver? Did you have a short week and fly across Country?

I'm not the one talking about my team being great though threough 6 weeks I have the right to do that w/ the best record in the league.

You do realize no where does it say we are great...Having potential is what it actually said... And really, what do you expect the media/fan sites who write these articles to say? smh

You do realize no where does it say we are great...Having potential is what it actually said... And really, what do you expect the media/fan sites who write these articles to say? smh

The word "great" and "not yet" shouldn't be used. You won one game after a 2 game losing streak and you beat a badly beaten up team in OT. It's a good win but ket's see you prove it over the course of the next 3-4 weeks before we even see those words used for Miami. A week ago fans were jumping off cliffs and now you are going to be great. It's crazy. This isn't a shot on Miami fans, it happens everywhere. After a good win you are great, after a bad loss you suck. There's too wide a range of emotions for media and fans.

I have to agree with Nyjunc.So far look at the three games we have won.We beat a pretty bad Buffalo team,a cripple Minnesota team with a Brett Favre having a horrible start of the season and a Green bay team that were missing some key components or players.Don't get me wrong I'm happy that we are 3-0 in the road which doesn't matter who you play is very hard to do.But in my eyes we haven't beaten an elite or good team yet and the chance the we had to proof that we belong there with the so call great teams when we played the Jets and the Patriots,well you guys know how that went.If we beat the Steelers and the Ravens then we can probably start talking about how great we can be and that we are turning things around.But so far the only good thing we have done is just that we are 3-0 on the road,but like I said in another post.What's the point having a good road record if you can't win your home games?

Wow Junc. Read the thread title. It says the Dolphins are NOT great yet, but they have potential. Settle down.

Take your 16,000 posts else were. You have been getting more annoying than ever the past couple weeks. The guy used the word potential as the word describing the team not "great". Get over yourself. And if your gunna comment read more carefully. Tough skill id imagine.

Wow Junc. Read the thread title. It says the Dolphins are NOT great yet, but they have potential. Settle down.

I get it but it is implying they are on the verge of being great and that could be the case but coming off losing 2 home division games then winning in OT against a beat up team I think that inference is a bit premature.

I get it but it is implyinh they are on the verge of being great and that could be the case but coming off losing 2 home division games then winning in OT against a beat up team I think that inference is a bit premature.

He didnt say we were on the verge. He said we have the potential.

The word "great" and "not yet" shouldn't be used. You won one game after a 2 game losing streak and you beat a badly beaten up team in OT. It's a good win but ket's see you prove it over the course of the next 3-4 weeks before we even see those words used for Miami. A week ago fans were jumping off cliffs and now you are going to be great. It's crazy. This isn't a shot on Miami fans, it happens everywhere. After a good win you are great, after a bad loss you suck. There's too wide a range of emotions for media and fans.

I understand what you are saying. However, I keep reading that "we beat a weak Buffalo team", or "The Packers and Vikes were banged up", etc. You play whats in front of you, and injuries are an unfortunate part of the game. However, thats why you build a team with depth in case injuries do happen...A win against a banged up team feels just as good as a win against a fully healthy team.

As for the losses, they happen with every team. We played a good game against you guys, however, Sanchez and co just were better that night. It happens. You also get the games where its just not your night, when the Pats steamrolled us. That also happens. The ups and downs happen with almost every team in the NFL every season. All I was saying is that the article never said we were great, merely that we have potential.

Denver had 5 starting defensive players out i believe. that's a ton of key injuries. whether they are as good as the packer players who were out is one thing,but they can be just as important to their own team.

If my team was playing great and leading the division the LAST place I would be is on another teams board critisizing a post that just says the Fins have potential to be great. Insecure are we ??????
You did the same to me not long ago.
Get a life dude.
Please crawl back into the dark place Jets fans live and just go away.
Your sorry azz input is not needed or appreciated.
~~~ GOOOOO FINS ~~~

p.s. J E T S (fans) sux sux sux

Back
Top Bottom