Miami Dolphins have plenty in-house options at center | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins have plenty in-house options at center

Danny68

NewEngland Fin
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Some stats and info on some of our guys.. Sorta made me feel better.

Garner has started 19 games in his five seasons with the Dolphins, and two of those games were at center last season. The Dolphins beat San Diego 20-16 and suffered a 20-16 loss to thePanthers in those games.

Shelley Smith, a four-year veteran the Dolphins signed this offseason, has worked on his snapping every single practice I've attended. Smith, who has eight games of starting experience, is presently the Dolphins' starting right guard, but it appears the Dolphins can use him as a center if necessary. Making that move would open up a starting guard spot for Garner, David Arkin or rookie Billy Turner.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...se-options-at-center-20140624,0,6194683.story

Ugh....

I would rather not displace a already shakey RG position in Shelley to be even more shakey at C.

Just open it up to Brenner and that rookie out of Utah State? and see what happens.

Not sure how I feel about Thomas Shelley Turner at the inside of the trenches.

O-line this year will be a wild ride......again

This really was the LAST injury we could afford to have. ****!

Ugh....

I would rather not displace a already shakey RG position in Shelley to be even more shakey at C.

Just open it up to Brenner and that rookie out of Utah State? and see what happens.

Not sure how I feel about Thomas Shelley Turner at the inside of the trenches.

O-line this year will be a wild ride......again

Yea, not a fan of an interior linemen that still has a lot to prove pass protecting, and not nearly enough experience at the center position to be the man on the line.

None of the options are good players but it is good to have emergency replacements

Larsen has over 50 starts at center and looked good at the senior bowl against Aaron Donald who is a beast.....we have lots of time to get him ready.

Larsen has over 50 starts at center and looked good at the senior bowl against Aaron Donald who is a beast.....we have lots of time to get him ready.

it would be great if he turned out as a good player. Even with those 50 starts and senior bowl every team in the league passed on him as a draft pick. Doesn't mean he cant be good , just means no team in the league really thinks he will.

it would be great if he turned out as a good player. Even with those 50 starts and senior bowl every team in the league passed on him as a draft pick. Doesn't mean he cant be good , just means no team in the league really thinks he will.
Tell that to New England who have had plenty of undrafted lineman.

Arien Foster was an UDFA. He can't be that good. Neither can Kurt Warner. No way that chump could win a SB ring. Warren Moon, John Randle...........

So now the dolphins season is now depending on a journeyman rookie center or some other backup that gets cut.
I would not be surprised to see a trade.

I think we will be able fo tell the severity of Pouncey's injury based on what the FO/coaching staff does to fill his position while he is injured. If they sign another center it would definitely point to him being out for an extensive amount of time where he will possibly be placed on the PUP. If they let the players currently on the roster battle for the spot to me that means he will either be back in time for the regular season or only miss a week or two. The moves made in the next week or so will be very telling.

Lmao at trades, where do you guys think were trading for a center?

All teams go through injuries, yeah they suck, but it's a part of the game, hopefully it doesn't get out of control and someone steps up.

Green Bay had 3 injuries I think on there oline fhe year they won the sb with philbin. Rogers got the crap eat out of him, but they won a sb. It's the NFL, you gotta find ways around this stuff.

Back
Top Bottom