Miami Dolphins have plenty in-house options at center | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins have plenty in-house options at center

Arien Foster was an UDFA. He can't be that good. Neither can Kurt Warner. No way that chump could win a SB ring. Warren Moon, John Randle...........

Warren Moon may not be a great guy to compare here. His talent was never a doubt but no one was drafting a black QB.

The injury required surgery - unfortunately that puts Pouncey in the world of recovery - how fast his body recovers from the trauma of surgery is somewhat unknowable - sooooooooo......more likely the issue is how cohesive are the guys that the team puts together in training camp - who else shakes lose and becomes available - how is recovery going in August??? These are likely parts of the larger equation....

I think we will be able fo tell the severity of Pouncey's injury based on what the FO/coaching staff does to fill his position while he is injured. If they sign another center it would definitely point to him being out for an extensive amount of time where he will possibly be placed on the PUP. If they let the players currently on the roster battle for the spot to me that means he will either be back in time for the regular season or only miss a week or two. The moves made in the next week or so will be very telling.

The injury required surgery - unfortunately that puts Pouncey in the world of recovery - how fast his body recovers from the trauma of surgery is somewhat unknowable - sooooooooo......more likely the issue is how cohesive are the guys that the team puts together in training camp - who else shakes lose and becomes available - how is recovery going in August??? These are likely parts of the larger equation....

Pouncey best case scenario can start working out again after bye week. Say it takes him a good month to get back into game shape we are already at week 9...10?

Pouncey will be back in time for the final few games to show teams he is back and healthy on a contract year.

Then again, if the O-line is jelling and we are in playoff contention battle do you throw off that groove by plugging Pouncey back in Week 10?

Also Pouncey will be placed on the short term PUP which if I'm not mistaken makes him intelligible to return prior to Week 8.

Play Larsen and see what happens. 7-9 or 8-8 is the Dolphins mantra with Pouncey so what do they have to lose?

Forget Pouncey... i'm tired of him already, BRING IT LARSEN!

There are a few veterans available too. Wouldn't doubt Miami signing one of them.

Lol to this story. Swing it any way you want to. This is a season altering injury.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Garner is smart. Although physically under matched, he can identify a defense and call our blocking assignments, and that's all we are really asking for until Pouncey returns.

Pouncey best case scenario can start working out again after bye week. Say it takes him a good month to get back into game shape we are already at week 9...10?

Pouncey will be back in time for the final few games to show teams he is back and healthy on a contract year.

Then again, if the O-line is jelling and we are in playoff contention battle do you throw off that groove by plugging Pouncey back in Week 10?

Also Pouncey will be placed on the short term PUP which if I'm not mistaken makes him intelligible to return prior to Week 8.

How do you figure best case scenario is he starts working out after the bye? We don't even know what the extent of the injury or the surgery was. I would say best case scenario is he had a minor clean up, ala Brandon Marshall, and is ready for opening weekend or misses a game or two. Worst case scenario, is he had the same surgery Percy Harvin had, which has the time line you are projecting, and he has to be put on the pup list.

How do you figure best case scenario is he starts working out after the bye? We don't even know what the extent of the injury or the surgery was. I would say best case scenario is he had a minor clean up, ala Brandon Marshall, and is ready for opening weekend or misses a game or two. Worst case scenario, is he had the same surgery Percy Harvin had, which has the time line you are projecting, and he has to be put on the pup list.

Correct me if I am wrong. But the news was Pouncey tore his labrum which EASY is a 3 month return. That would be return to workout and conditioning.

Toss in lets say another 2-3 weeks until he is back in shape and game ready? He is out until Week 9-10. Short term PUP candidate at that point.

Moreno on the other hand, had a small knee clean up and should be ready to go for camp.

Correct me if I am wrong. But the news was Pouncey tore his labrum which EASY is a 3 month return. That would be return to workout and conditioning.

Toss in lets say another 2-3 weeks until he is back in shape and game ready? He is out until Week 9-10. Short term PUP candidate at that point.

Moreno on the other hand, had a small knee clean up and should be ready to go for camp.

That's the news im hearing as well, a tear unfortunately, and not from just dirt bag Florio.

Like I said before, who is reporting this? Because I haven't seen a single Miami beat writer say anything about it. Every report out this is based off of what ESPN has said the lead time would be...and who the hell do they have as an insider who knows what the surgery entailed and what the lead time of his return will be?

Like I said before, who is reporting this? Because I haven't seen a single Miami beat writer say anything about it. Every report out this is based off of what ESPN has said the lead time would be...and who the hell do they have as an insider who knows what the surgery entailed and what the lead time of his return will be?

Omar Kelly @OmarKelly • Jun 24
Keep in mind that after Mike Pouncey's hip heals he'll have to get himself back into playing shape. But Pouncey is a hard worker.
Omar Kelly @OmarKelly • Jun 24
RT @JonScharfman best case scenario pouncey misses 1-2 games?> talked to a player who had same injury. Said he'll miss first 4 weeks.

Adam Schefter
Pouncey tore the labrum in his hip sometime during the Dolphins' offseason workouts. His absence will shake up a Miami offensive line that was transformed this offseason.

Mike Garafolo ✔ @MikeGarafolo
Follow
Mike Pouncey's surgery was a labrum repair, source says, which fits with the rough timeline of a few months.
5:14 PM - 23 Jun 2014

Could be all form ESPN lead but would wager it was a tear. I do agree with you that the FO actions will allow us to read between the lines even more.

Back
Top Bottom