Miami Dolphins ironman John Denney, 36, could face most serious challenge yet | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins ironman John Denney, 36, could face most serious challenge yet

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
Denney not only outlasted Saban, but he survived Cam Cameron and four others (including interim coaches) before Adam Gase arrived.
Question is, will he survive Winston Chapman?

Denney, 36, is the Dolphins’ elder statesman and aiming to enter his 13th NFL season. To do so, he’ll have to fend off a challenge of Chapman, a 24-year-old undrafted free agent from Mississippi State.

This isn’t a challenge to be ignored. Special teams coordinator Darren Rizzi revealed that the Dolphins have had their eye on Chapman for a year. Unfortunately for Chapman, he suffered an ACL injury his senior season.

“We really liked his skillset,” Rizzi said. “So he’s been out for a year and now he’s fully healthy.”
Rizzi called Chapman “a very solid snapper.”

There’s also this: “Look,” Rizzi said. “John is getting up there in age.”
http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachp...ney-36-could-face-most-serious-challenge-yet/

[video=youtube_share;Yv0EoIQMQZQ]

Last edited by a moderator:
**** off chapman :lol: as long as Denney continues to do his job well? let him retire on his own terms

I think you'll find that Denney is actually 38. He makes so few errors as a Long Snapper, I wouldn't bet against him.

Denney was a vet on the 72 team. Cutting him at this point is the sort of **** that leaves a curse on the franchise for a decade

Spideman sleeps with John Denny underoos on

---------- Post added at 05:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 PM ----------

John Denny shot the Deputy .

---------- Post added at 05:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 PM ----------

John Denny is the reason Waldo is in hiding

**** off chapman :lol: as long as Denney continues to do his job well? let him retire on his own terms

Agreed. He's one of my favorites on the team and among the players I know the least about. But he must be a true Phin to have lasted through all the muck w'eve had

John Denney is a god walking amongst mere mortals.

Bow to him!

John Denney is a god walking amongst mere mortals.

Bow to him!

52be8dd52639558beafb0071e61f179d_worthless-worms-on-make-a-gif-we-are-worms-gif_320-180.gif

Tho joking aside? I really do think he is great

I hope God is not in Old Testament mode when He finds out about this.

The last high snap I can remember is literally from 2007. What the hell is the new guy going to do that's any better???

Back
Top Bottom