Miami Dolphins' Jay Ajayi ready for 'bell cow' role | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins' Jay Ajayi ready for 'bell cow' role

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
Miami-Dolphins-Jay-Ajayi-ready-for-bell-cow-role.jpg

"I'm ready for it," Ajayi told reporters. "I prepare myself every season to take a huge workload and be able to carry the team, and I think I'm ready for that. If that's what he wants to do then that's what we'll do; but every time I step out on that field, it's to put my all out there on the line. So whatever we do, that's what we'll do."
http://www.upi.com/Sports_News/NFL/...-Ajayi-ready-for-bell-cow-role/2721496705457/

Ajayi should be a hot commodity in fantasy this season. The prior inconsistency will scare some away but the talk of bell cow and full time starter will be appealing, let alone his ability.

Man, that replay of Ajayi after his monster run in OT at Buffalo last season was incredible.

He stumbles over that exhausted Buffalo player, then pops up and keeps walking. Even Landry was wincing in pain with Parker protecting him right next to them.

Ajayi's traits in college are transferring to the pros very well.

-workhorse
-can't be arm tackled
-nose for the end zone

He had 28 td's in one bleeping season!

God save the Queen!

I'd like to see a healthy balance and still be able to get our other two RB's on the field. Obviously they will run him more than Phailbin ran Lamar Miller (13.5 carries per game) but I prefer a committee approach to keep guys fresh and more importantly to keep Ajayi fresh late in the game.

Ajayi had 17 carries per game last year but that should go up to about 20.

I'd like to see a healthy balance and still be able to get our other two RB's on the field. Obviously they will run him more than Phailbin ran Lamar Miller (13.5 carries per game) but I prefer a committee approach to keep guys fresh and more importantly to keep Ajayi fresh late in the game.

Ajayi had 17 carries per game last year but that should go up to about 20.

that would definitely put him bell cow status. only zeek averaged 20+ carries per game last year.

excited to see ajayi get leaned on a bit more

that would definitely put him bell cow status. only zeek averaged 20+ carries per game last year.

excited to see ajayi get leaned on a bit more

LeVeon Bell did as well and actually had the most with just a smidgen more.

Bell 21.8, Elliot 21.5

I don't think Ajayi hits the 20 mark and don't think he should either. 18 is just fine with our depth at offensive and the importance for overall balance.

LeVeon Bell did as well and actually had the most with just a smidgen more.

Bell 21.8, Elliot 21.5

I don't think Ajayi hits the 20 mark and don't think he should either. 18 is just fine with our depth at offensive and the importance for overall balance.

that's what i get for looking at total carries and putting on blinders to games missed

i agree 18 should be plenty

It's been a long long time since we can say we have one of the leagues best RBs.

Let Ajayi be the workhorse while Drake gets the other 7-10 touches depending on how he performs.

I've always been a believer of having multiple RBs to keep them fresh.

We have 3 capable backs.

There's no reason we don't shove the rock down the oppositions throats on a consistent basis.

When we do, we WIN!!

Back
Top Bottom