Miami Dolphins LT Laremy Tunsil may miss minicamp because of injury | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins LT Laremy Tunsil may miss minicamp because of injury

And while the Dolphins expect Tunsil to be an upgrade over Albert, it is quite obvious if he’s unable to play all 16 games, the Dolphins will have taken a significant step back at the position because Young is not a starting caliber player.

OK Armando, I bet the Jags or more worried about Albert making 16 games than we are about Tunsil going the distance. Tunsil to LT was going to happen. His injury does hurt the cohesion in the offseason esp. with Pouncey out. On the plus side Young will be getting some quality time with the 1's. It's only mini camp so no need to panic at this point.

Did not Tunsil have these sort of issues in college?

Waiting for the dreaded "procedure" prior to the start of training camp which causes him to miss the entire preseason.

The only issue in college was smoking a bong through a gas mask:woot
He missed some time with some minor injuries that I read about somewhere are you sure?

tunsil had a nasty lower leg injury in college...air cast and everything

Once bitten, twice shy. While I'm somewhat relieved to hear that it isn't serious ... we've heard those sort of things before. Pouncey has had previous injuries of both serious and non-serious variety, but every time he's held out I worry. Similarly, this isn't Tunsil's first leg injury of his career, so I'm still a little worried. When I see him play a full game/scrimmage/string of practices with him and everyone else saying he's 100% recovered, then I'll stop worrying. Until then, with Pouncey out as a precautionary move and Tunsil out with a non-serious injury, our two stud OL are missing and it gets harder and harder to trust the words coming out in place of the players.

Both are probably progressing just fine. Both are probably being reported accurately. But I'll feel a lot better when the cornerstones of our always-problematic OL can be counted on as rocks of reliability.

Did not Tunsil have these sort of issues in college?

From NFL.com combine site....

The 2015 season was difficult for Tunsil. First, he suffered a dislocated ankle and broken leg in Ole Miss' loss to TCU in the 2014 Peach Bowl

Tunsil missed two games with a partially torn bicep in 2014, but started the rest

From NFL.com combine site....

The 2015 season was difficult for Tunsil. First, he suffered a dislocated ankle and broken leg in Ole Miss' loss to TCU in the 2014 Peach Bowl
Thanks I thought so hopefully he has outgrown these type of issues

Tunsil missed two games with a partially torn bicep in 2014, but started the rest

I'm not sure why people are ever surprised that this happens. Let's just consider every OL "injury prone". 300lb men who turn on a dime while slamming into other 300lb men will do some damage to their body. I'm just glad the coaching staff is smart enough to let him fully heal when it doesn't matter much.

Back
Top Bottom