Miami Dolphins LT Laremy Tunsil not satisfied with performance so far | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins LT Laremy Tunsil not satisfied with performance so far

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
laremytunsil.jpg

There has not been a single game this season in which Dolphins left tackle Laremy Tunsil walked off the field feeling great about how he played.
“I’m never pleased with what I do, because I want to be the best. There’s a lot of good dudes out there, and I’m trying to beat those dudes out just to be the best. I always look at the little stuff, so if the little stuff is a lot, then yeah, I have a lot of mistakes.”
Tunsil played left tackle all his life before shifting to left guard as a rookie last season because Miami had Branden Albert. His early progress was good enough for the Dolphins to move on from Albert in the offseason and move Tunsil into his long-term home at tackle.
Tunsil’s name hasn’t come up often in conversations with the coaches, and Adam Gase said Monday he was playing well. Pro Football Focus disagrees, ranking him the No. 36 offensive tackle in the NFL. Gase adamantly disputed PFF’s offensive line grades last season.
http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachp...tunsil-not-satisfied-with-performance-so-far/

That's good that he feels this way. You get better by wanting to be better in the first place

Ozzy rules!!

The kid is gonna be fine. Truly a natural at the position! I view Tunsi right now in the same light as I have viewed Kiko and esp RT in the past. Once you surrond these types with adequate play surrounding them you begin to see the special abilities they possess!!

I hope he's not satisfied. Because so far he hasn't played like a top 15 pick.

Correct....He's being a little hard on himself, I don't find his play to be bad at all.

Are you one of those fans that work on Sundays and listen to the game on the radio?
He is struggling at LT (bull rush and Speed)

Hey look, something Tunsil and I agree on. Seriously though, he has the talent to play at a consistently dominating level. He needs to hold himself to a higher standard. Forget his draft stuff, forget his rookie season, and forget his teammates for a minute. This guy has shown All-Pro performances and Hall-of-Fame ability. Everything is there to be one of the very best LT's of all time ... and that's not hyperbole. But what separates all world ability from all time great is the "want to" that drives the player to consistently live up to his potential. Honestly, there were many dozens of WR's in NFL history with better physical ability than Jerry Rice, but he refused to be outworked. He refused to have "great" or "potential" be his label ... Jerry Rice required more of himself. If Tunsil keeps applying this hard self-critique, and means it (not just hollow words), then he can actually be great ... rather than just be another NFL guy who had great tools.

I'm rooting for him ... but my expectations for Tunsil far exceed any other OL we have. Pouncey's tools can't hold a candle to Tunsil's, IMHO, and Ju'Wuan James isn't even in the same galaxy as Tunsil as far as tools. So yeah, I'm going to be hard on Tunsil, because the game comes way too easy for him to cut him much slack.

I'm not satisfied with his performance either. Glad he knows he's underachieving and needs to be better.

He’s been a lot better the past couple of weeks. He a few rough game early on. Has to kee gettin better but I’m happy with him.

Back
Top Bottom