Miami Dolphins minicamp: Adam Gase’s Tuesday post-practice updates | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins minicamp: Adam Gase’s Tuesday post-practice updates

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
gase1.jpg

Adam Gase and the Dolphins are in a three-day. (Allen Eyestone/The Post)

DAVIE–The Dolphins opened their three-day mandatory minicamp today after three weeks of Organized Team Activities. They plan on this being a fine-tuned, dense dive into the playbook. This will be the best insight into what the team will look like this season until training camp late next month.

Here’s what coach Adam Gase said after Day 1:
http://dailydolphin.blog.mypalmbeac...amp-adam-gases-tuesday-post-practice-updates/

hmmm.... we'll see if that up tempo offense actually happens. We've heard about it for far too long. But I assume with most of the roster returning, they all should have a much better grasp of the offense and be able to execute it better

I'd like to see the up tempo offense used at least occasionally, to force DC's to prepare for it and to give us the ability to press mismatches when we get them. They go with 3 traditional LB's, we send Julius Thomas on seam routes. They go into dime coverage when Fasano is in, we run Ajayi at them non-stop. When you get great mismatches like that, you need to be able to put the foot on the gas and press the pedal to the metal.

hmmm.... we'll see if that up tempo offense actually happens. We've heard about it for far too long. But I assume with most of the roster returning, they all should have a much better grasp of the offense and be able to execute it better
I think when teams know you can't block for long they start jumping short route. Its very hard to run uptempo off of predictable 3 yard passes. Gase got us out of that rut last season, this year i think it really open up.

I think when teams know you can't block for long they start jumping short route. Its very hard to run uptempo off of predictable 3 yard passes. Gase got us out of that rut last season, this year i think it really open up.

Oh I absolutely agree and that has definitely been an issue for us. I think our OL will be slightly better but still nothing great this year

I agree to a degree. However some teams, like the Patriots run a ton of short routes in uptempo. Brady will take shots here and there, but most his damage is done within 5 to 15 yards of the line of scrimmage.

Up tempo is a great concept and we should be better prepared this year. However, it could back-fire with reduced time of possession and quick 3 and outs which could strain our defense. TOP was already a problem last year. There should be a strategic time and place for this strategy, if implemented at the right times it could be yet another attack the defense will need to account for.

We were 27th in time of possession last year and 9th in yards per play. We were also 32nd in the league in plays per game. Considering we abandoned the tempo after game 4, that had little to do with the overall numbers. Execution was an issue but we were a different team from weeks 1-6 when compared to games 7-16. We had the #10 scoring offense in games 7-16. Barring a complete breakdown, this is a top 5 offense in 2017.

Back
Top Bottom