Miami Dolphins more likely to achieve Top 5 pick than playoffs in ’17 (via ESPN) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins more likely to achieve Top 5 pick than playoffs in ’17 (via ESPN)

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score

Miami Dolphins head coach Adam Gase at Dolphins training facility in Davie, Florida on May 31, 2017. (Allen Eyestone / The Palm Beach Post)

Expectations are pretty low for the Miami Dolphins in 2017, but this one is a stunner.

According to ESPN’s sports analytics team, it is more likely that the Miami Dolphins end next season as one of the five worst teams in the NFL than make the playoffs.
http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachp...ieve-top-5-pick-than-playoffs-in-17-via-espn/

dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2017/06/03/miami-dolphins-more-likely-to-achieve-top-5-pick-than-playoffs-in-17-via-espn/

Historically top 5 means no more then 4-5 wins. I can't see that. Much more likely we make another wildcard with 10 wins.

Just posted this as well, apologize...

Its hard for me to talk about my favorite football team without a certain level of homerism but I will try... While I do understand people who share that sentiment, I dont agree.

We have to show more consistencty before people believe. We've already gained some respect around the league with the media attention and primetime games. As far as higher expectations are concerned, we'll start getting that when we start winning consistently. After we navigate this tough schedule and make the playoffs this year the perception of the Dolphins will flip big time.

I'm on record saying I think the Dolphins are on the cusp of building a sustainable winner and return to the playoffs this season. Last year wasnt a fluke; we are a young, well coached, talented, hard nosed, mentally tough football team. Greatness is on the horizon

Just posted this as well, apologize...

Its hard for me to talk about my favorite football team without a certain level of homerism but I will try... While I do understand people who share that sentiment, I dont agree.

We have to show more consistencty before people believe. We've already gained some respect around the league with the media attention and primetime games. As far as higher expectations are concerned, we'll start getting that when we start winning consistently. After we navigate this tough schedule and make the playoffs this year the perception of the Dolphins will flip big time.

I'm on record saying I think the Dolphins are on the cusp of building a sustainable winner and return to the playoffs this season. Last year wasnt a fluke; we are a young, well coached, talented, hard nosed, mentally tough football team. Greatness is on the horizon
It's all good. We'll let the moderators sort it out.

Every year we hear about how tough a schedule is going to be, only to then claim that any success was due to said schedule was too easy.

Going into last year we were predicted to fail because our schedule was to difficult. When we beat expectations, it was because our season was too easy.

Predictions based on strength of schedule don't mean jack.

Sounds like some homer Patsys fan wrote that...

giphy.gif

The lack of respect from the media is hard to understand considering how well Miami did last year after an awful 1-4 start. Saying there are low expectations for 2017 is laughable. How many fans have low expectations? Does Adam Gase have low expectations? I don't think so.

Looking at the AFC there are a lot of talented teams and the playoff race should include many teams. So, yes, it is possible that the Dolphins fail to make the playoffs. But a top five pick would mean a total collapse by a team that most of us see as on the rise.

Every year we hear about how tough a schedule is going to be, only to then claim that any success was due to said schedule was too easy.

Going into last year we were predicted to fail because our schedule was to difficult. When we beat expectations, it was because our season was too easy.

Predictions based on strength of schedule don't mean jack.
Really outside the Pats nothing is a given schedule wise so I really discount schedules in the preseason anymore. If Gase is as good as I hope/ think then a bad season will be 8/ 8 and maybe a 11/ 5. Second year better personal the wild card is the new defensive coordinator imo.

Back
Top Bottom