Miami Dolphins need to rethink roster, philosophy, coaching staff | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins need to rethink roster, philosophy, coaching staff

AL R

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
FOXBORO, MASS.

There was that moment on Sunday when the Miami Dolphins still had a chance to make this a tight game.

(Yeah, there weren’t too many of those so you have to assume something interesting is coming.)

Anyway, the Dolphins were trailing 21-10 and had the football on the New England Patriots’ 15 yard line. Quarterback Matt Moore wanted to throw to DeVante Parker in the end zone. And Parker, who the Dolphins believe is their most gifted receiver, was in one-on-one coverage against Patriots cornerback Stephon Gilmore.

Moore underthrew the football. And Parker, seeing the underthrow, did absolutely nothing to stop his route, convert to a defensive back, and at least knock the ball down.

http://amp.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article186619543.html

Armando seems to sum up alot of our thoughts..

FOXBORO, MASS.

There was that moment on Sunday when the Miami Dolphins still had a chance to make this a tight game.

(Yeah, there weren’t too many of those so you have to assume something interesting is coming.)

Anyway, the Dolphins were trailing 21-10 and had the football on the New England Patriots’ 15 yard line. Quarterback Matt Moore wanted to throw to DeVante Parker in the end zone. And Parker, who the Dolphins believe is their most gifted receiver, was in one-on-one coverage against Patriots cornerback Stephon Gilmore.

Moore underthrew the football. And Parker, seeing the underthrow, did absolutely nothing to stop his route, convert to a defensive back, and at least knock the ball down.

http://amp.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article186619543.html
That is on Parker and nobody else. Also, he was drafted by the former regime and has clearly not planned out as hoped

That is on Parker and nobody else. Also, he was drafted by the former regime and has clearly not planned out as hoped

The point of the article though, is it goes much deeper than just that, which could be a problem going forward.

The point of the article though, is it goes much deeper than just that, which could be a problem going forward.
I don’t disagree with some of Armando’s points. Moore absolutely needs to go and we should draft a qb early. However, Prior to this season, did anyone not think that wr wasn’t a strength of this team? Losing tannehill has clearly effected this offense far more than anyone would have thought.

I think changes are coming during the off season, especially after this dumpster fire of a year we're having.

I don’t disagree with some of Armando’s points. Moore absolutely needs to go and we should draft a qb early. However, Prior to this season, did anyone not think that wr wasn’t a strength of this team? Losing tannehill has clearly effected this offense far more than anyone would have thought.

Well the verdict was still kinda out on Parker, although we thought he was coming along with the rest of the offense and the QB seemed to have chemistry with all three- just not a TE.

Well the verdict was still kinda out on Parker, although we thought he was coming along with the rest of the offense and the QB seemed to have chemistry with all three- just not a TE.
Yes absolutely. This was the year we find out who Parker is. I think we’ve found out unfortunately

I don't think he's trying to pick on the WR's.......I think it's more that the FO keeps making bad decisions. Btw, this goes back a long time.
Since Marino was drafted back in 83 this team has drafted a total of ONE player that is in the HOF. That's one HOF player in the last 34 years. The bad drafting and moves have been horrible for years and of course I can't blame the current FO for 34 years but they have done nothing to make things better and do not deserve the benefit of the doubt till they prove that they can build a winning team

Ozzy rules!!

I don't think he's trying to pick on the WR's.......I think it's more that the FO keeps making bad decisions. Btw, this goes back a long time.
Since Marino was drafted back in 83 this team has drafted a total of ONE player that is in the HOF. That's one HOF player in the last 34 years. The bad drafting and moves have been horrible for years and of course I can't blame the current FO for 34 years but they have done nothing to make things better and do not deserve the benefit of the doubt till they prove that they can build a winning team

Ozzy rules!!
Fair point.

Good defensive mind, would very much enjoy having him as defensive coordinator over Burke. The downside to a Rex Ryan coached defense tends to be a lack of discipline, but hell we already have that covered anyway!

Yes absolutely. This was the year we find out who Parker is. I think we’ve found out unfortunately

I don't know if we truly found out who Parker is yet...he has had what 4 different qbs in 3 years? Cutler and Moore don't have the arm to use Parkers tools and Parker was hurt a lot last year...if anything we have seen he is injury prone which sucks

Back
Top Bottom