Miami Dolphins offense headed toward an overhaul | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins offense headed toward an overhaul

Miami still needs a "foundation" draft IMHO.

The team needs to put major resources into the offensive line and a little bit more into the defensive line. I'd love for the team to get another quality DE in the draft (Chubbs perhaps) or one of the many outstanding DT's in the college game. From there, go offensive line.

One last point. Depending on how Parker plays the rest of this season, a number one receiver could be in play. And, if the team is picking really high (possibly) I wouldn't rule out quarterback.

The good news is playing behind this bum *** qb landrys value is sure to drop financially.

Might make it more manageable. Of course his representation is gonna point to the bum *** qb

Trade Kenyan drake while he still has some value. That dudes the biggest tell on the team and outside of specials worthless

Maybe you give stills one year with tannehill but this ghost production stuff and can't block to save his life isn't getting it done

Misreading the offensive line has set this team way back. The way the defense is playing, Miami could have had a real chance this year. Maybe even with Cutler.

The strength of the offense is Ajayi and the running game. Without that threat, and a lesser quarterback in Cutler, there really isn't much on the offense. The Dolphins should have augmented that strength by bringing in physical guards. It was so obvious to all of us fans. Just too easy for the opposing defenses to take Ajayi away.

Hard to say about the wide receivers. Personally, I'd make sure to keep Landry. He's still the heart and soul of the team. If Parker doesn't emerge (there have been good signs), I wouldn't take a number one receiver off the table come draft time. And, if the team is picking real high quarterback could still be a possibility.

The team needs to put major resources into the offensive line and a little bit more into the defensive line. I'd love for the team to get another quality DE in the draft (Chubbs perhaps) or one of the many outstanding DT's in the college game. From there, go offensive line.

One last point. Depending on how Parker plays the rest of this season, a number one receiver could be in play. And, if the team is picking really high (possibly) I wouldn't rule out quarterback.
This franchise has needed a 'foundation draft' for the last 20 years. Still waiting....

I go back to the Bills signing Charles Clay a couple of years ago, that really ****ed us.

We had a quality TE who fit in well with our offense and worked well with our QB, and Buffalo threw a huge contract at him so that they could keep him in as a run blocker 80% of the time. Now the Bills are in a position where they're probably going to cut Clay after this season (production + injury) and Miami has been shuffling around a bunch of lead footed slugs at the position for the last couple of years.

Then we spend years developing Dion Sims, and he finally starts showing some flashes of athleticism in 2016, and of course, Chicago throws more money at him and we won't match.

I'm not going to say we should go get Jimmy Graham, because we can't afford him and Seattle has ruined him, but damn, we need to do something.

We have invested three first round draft picks on the first round. It is completely inexcusable to still be this team's most glaring issue. The good thing is we should be set at both tackle spots, which are more difficult/pricey to fill. It's puzzling that they haven't been able to find two ****ing guards by now. The Patriots are drafting guys in the mid-late rounds.

The day we spend a high draft pick on a guard I'm going to flip out.....
Would have been sweet if we could have invested three first round picks in the second round...unfortunately can't be done.

One of the first round picks is broken goods. Should have never given him that new contract. The bigger issue is the two non-first rounders playing on the interior.

I wanna steal that term from you "foundation " draft.....love it.
This stop gap approach can't work anymore....that's for sure.

Everyone is making this harder than it is. The O-line is the big problem. Fix it and you can then run the darn football which would help the passing game. The best way to fix it? Simple, use free agency to get two free agents, one guard and one center. Why free agency? Because you know what you're getting instead of having to "hope" that whoever we draft will be the answer. You have your two OT's and you have Asiasta to go along with Steen and Davis. Bring in one guard and one center and you're set. Of course that what I was hoping they'd do the last two offseasons but they didn't. Of course having Tannehill back will help and btw, forget about Landry coming back guys. We will NOT have the money for him. Dumping Maxwell and Pouncey will only give us money for James and the draft plus in season moves for 2018. Who else can we cut to clear enough room for Landry? Everyone else seems to be on GTM kind of deals so Landry's as good as gone guys but hey, some people here just love t-baum

Ozzy rules!!

Absolutely amazing WRs running their own routes! To bad they don't pick routes past 5 yards 95% of the time. Oline picking their own blocking assignments? Trash undisciplined trash!

We can start by drafting the guy in my avi

What has been a surprise to me is Asiata who's played ZERO offensive snaps
for us this season. Makes you wonder is he's an imbecile,out of shape, lacking in strength
or all of the above. Looks like he'll never see the field and another year to wonder
what we have with him

Everyone is making this harder than it is. The O-line is the big problem. Fix it and you can then run the darn football which would help the passing game. The best way to fix it? Simple, use free agency to get two free agents, one guard and one center. Why free agency? Because you know what you're getting instead of having to "hope" that whoever we draft will be the answer. You have your two OT's and you have Asiasta to go along with Steen and Davis. Bring in one guard and one center and you're set. Of course that what I was hoping they'd do the last two offseasons but they didn't. Of course having Tannehill back will help and btw, forget about Landry coming back guys. We will NOT have the money for him. Dumping Maxwell and Pouncey will only give us money for James and the draft plus in season moves for 2018. Who else can we cut to clear enough room for Landry? Everyone else seems to be on GTM kind of deals so Landry's as good as gone guys but hey, some people here just love t-baum

Ozzy rules!!
I agree with all of this except resigning Juice and cutting Pouncey. I think based on what Gase himself has said we will resign both as long as Pouncey is healthy. Steen has performed pretty well and hopefully Asiata will be ready next year, so with Tanny back we should be a lot better on O.

The section below taken from the article tells me clearly the players have lost faith in Gase and that is why they are doing things on their own. The idea that Gase can't get on top of this problem is making me lose faith in him as well.

"On any given play a wide receiver will run a pattern he apparently just dreamed up a second before the snap instead of the one in the playbook.

On any given play an offensive lineman will block someone he wasn’t supposed to and leave the defensive lineman he was supposed to block to run unblocked at Cutler.

Those things are happening at an alarming rate. They are being done by different people each time. And so an offensive “unit” has had no cohesion.

And it is everybody.

Core players such as Jarvis Landry, Julius Thomas, Laremy Tunsil, Jermon Bushrod, and Ja’Wuan James have blown assignments."

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/s...-salguero/article178226946.html#storylink=cpy

I agree with all of this except resigning Juice and cutting Pouncey. I think based on what Gase himself has said we will resign both as long as Pouncey is healthy. Steen has performed pretty well and hopefully Asiata will be ready next year, so with Tanny back we should be a lot better on O.
OK, just tell me, where will the money come from? If Pouncey's back that means we're paying him 9mill and keep on mind that we have pretty much no money under the cap so if he's back now we're over the cap. Add the fact you have James at RT to take care of and Landry wants 12 to 15 mill a year. Sorry bro, Gase can talk all he wants about bringing them both back but there's just no money for them. Even if you cut Tannehill it'd still not be enough, not to mention you'd create yet another big hole at QB. I'm not saying I don't want those guys back. I'm just saying we won't have the money to keep Pouncey, James and Landry plus have enough money for the draft. Someone has to go

Ozzy rules!!

The more I think about this the less it makes any sense. How was the offense competent last season than if nobody knows what they are doing? Maybe Ryan Tannehill is an absolute superstar who we have all underestimated? Maybe these guys really do suck and he elevates them? However the offense also capable with Moore and I don't care about the level of competition. If guys don't know what to do it will al;ways show up. The biggest difference is Cutler. I can't see how everything doesn't point to him or an overall lack of leadership which points to Gase. Again, it's easy to understand the struggles of the interior oline. The guards are jags and the Center has hardly played any football in over a year. The QB is off his couch so you could even see his struggles. Other than overrated, waste of time Julius Thomas I just can't understand the struggles from the WR's. The group who was second in the league in producing big plays don't know what routes to run? How can that be?

But wait -- isn't Gase an offensive savant who must know his players inside and out and therefore well before the season started
we were ready for some high octane performance -- taking 30+ ppg with headroom to spare!

What am I missing?

Back
Top Bottom