Miami Dolphins Offensive Line one of the worst in 2012 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins Offensive Line one of the worst in 2012

How can our beloved Dolphins have spent 2 first round picks, a second round pick, and a third round pick on starting offensive linemen and the overall unit be so comparatively poor? Is it bad coaching, did we acquire the wrong people to hold down these positions, or both?

How can our beloved Dolphins have spent 2 first round picks, a second round pick, and a third round pick on starting offensive linemen and the overall unit be so comparatively poor? Is it bad coaching, did we acquire the wrong people to hold down these positions, or both?

Both

You can't exclude that one of those 1st rounders was FIRST OVERALL. It's pathetic and embarrassing that with all of our investments, our line is in its current state. If we had a complete line, that would give us so many more opportunities at success in improving the offense as well as the defense. It's a shame, I hope which ever play makers are on the roster next year can help Tannehill release the ball quicker, taking off the pressure of a horrid line. If Jake doesn't take a team friendly $6-8m deal, we may be in trouble here. I just hope to god we do anything BUT use our first pick on an offensive linemen.

We don't have lineman that fit the zone blocking scheme yet. Pouncey is athletic enough and so is Martin but they are very young. Cog and Jerry are way to slow for this scheme and Long has been hurt for the last three years. Drafting T Brennan Williams and G Omeregie Uzzi this year would give us an incredibly athletic line!!!

We don't have lineman that fit the zone blocking scheme yet.

Good/great coaches adjust their scheme to fit the strengths of the players that they actually have. Are you saying that Philbin and the offensive coaches are asking our linemen to do things that they are physically incapable of doing? If so, and if this is actually true, then I may need to rethink my current impression of the coaching staff.

Dont forget the free agent dollars spent on guys like Justin Smiley and Jake Grove.

Not to mention stupid amounts of FA money. At one point we had the highest paid OL in the league.

Back
Top Bottom