Miami Dolphins "Pistol" Formation? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins "Pistol" Formation?

buxster07

Active Roster
Reaction score
Guys,

On one play, we were in Singleback (with Henne), and he audibled out, took a few steps back, with the RB 3 yards directly in back of him.

Wasn't that the Pistol?

If so, what does this mean? And will they build upon it? (I've never seen the Pistol in action)

We have seen the Wishbone, Singlewing, and now Pistol?

Is Henning getting ready for the College ranks again?

Anyway, I kind of like seeing exotic formations to some degree just to keep things interesting to watch (i.e. what are they trying to do with that, etc.), and it seems very rebellious, counter-culture, and ballsy.

Any thoughts on the matter?

dont know.. but KC ran a lot of pistol when Thigpen was their QB. It could be making a come back in Miami.

theyve done the pistol formation. thats the formation they loved to run Pat White out of

Very cool, I hope Thiggy runs it better and actually gets some passes out from it.

Thigpen is verry athletic, a great runner and scrambler, one of these style offenses or a spread would work great with Thigpen, Marshall, Bess, and Williams/brown. he has been compared to Vick.

I wouldn't mind seeing a little option with Thigpen at QB. He's a good enough runner to keep a defender away from Ronnie/Ricky on one of those read option plays.

I wouldn't mind seeing a little option with Thigpen at QB. He's a good enough runner to keep a defender away from Ronnie/Ricky on one of those read option plays.

Agrees with ya.

I'm hoping we'll see some more new wrinkles, especially with the last two opponents calling out the predictability of our O.

Nevada_Pistol_Formation-1.jpg

pistol.

I'm sure I saw just one play w/ the Pistol, I believe it was the drive before the one Henne got injured.

It was weird cause Ricky was definitely right behind Henne, and thought...that wasn't a shotgun.

Back
Top Bottom