Miami Dolphins Press Conference 4:15pm est | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins Press Conference 4:15pm est

meh. If the point was to tell everybody that they weren't going to comment on everything until the investigation they should have just done it via press release

This could have been handled much better, but there was new information here.

Joe said straight up multiple times that Martin never complained about Incognito to him.

Very interesting.

Philbin ushered off stage after a few questions. Obvious Dolphins PR is very very nervous.

He has been very clear that Martin NEVER mentioned any specific abuse from Incognito...

I would find it inconceivable for him to lie in this spot...

If true, I question why Martin would withhold all this information and choose to release it Snowden-style from his self-imposed exile? Was Martin fearing retaliation from Philbin ala Snowden with US Government?

Philbin ushered off stage after a few questions. Obvious Dolphins PR is very very nervous.

I was wondering what happened! The feed just cut out. BAD MOVE by Dolphins PR.

I don't believe he is handling this very well... Sorry... I think he is done and I think he knows it.

Ok, tell us. How should he have handled it Mr. PR wizard? Please, extol us with your brilliance.

You think he's done? Betcha he's not. How much you want to bet? Put your money where your mouth is.

So what new things did we learn from that?

We learned that Martin left the team after the cafeteria altercation, and met with Joe that night. Joe thought that the meeting went well, and then out of the blue he got a call from Martin's lawyers citing player misconduct. Why wouldn't Martin be frank with Philbin during that meeting?

That was a bull****, terrible press conference.

I mean, no wonder the Dolphins contacted the NFL and welcomed an investigation. It protects them from having to answer ANY substantive questions about this situation, and then, after the report is released, they can defer all questions to the people who wrote it.

It's a big bag of ****.

He has been very clear that Martin NEVER mentioned any specific abuse from Incognito...

I would find it inconceivable for him to lie in this spot...

If true, I question why Martin would withhold all this information and choose to release it Snowden-style from his self-imposed exile? Was Martin fearing retaliation from Philbin ala Snowden with US Government?

Exactly, I also find it hard to believe that if Martin did come to Philbin about a situation of this level. Philbin wouldn't essentially just dismiss it! You can say what you like about the head coach, But dismissing a concern like that from a player doesn't seem to fall under his MO.

i thought philbin was great... why didn't martin tell phibin during their meeting.. all seems strange.

I had hoped for more from Philbin. Strange line, "I take this stuff seriously", then goes on to say, "Currently I'm only focused 100% on the next game". Well unfortunately Joe, you are going to have to multi task. Someone should start writing for him. I get reality for him, I do. But just stop it with the cliche lines and be a human, someone people can follow. He's worried for sure, can't wait to see the next chapter unfold.

Back
Top Bottom