Miami Dolphins projected to win 7.5 games by FiveThirtyEight | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins projected to win 7.5 games by FiveThirtyEight

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
Here's a link to the chart:
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2017-nfl-predictions/

Dolphins_Preview_Football_2.JPG

With the NFL season set to kick off this weekend, FiveThirtyEight released its win projections for 2017.
The statistical analysis website predicts the Dolphins to win 7.5 games and have a minus-17.6 point differential.
The Dolphins will begin this season with an ELO rating of 1,509 - slightly above the average level of 1,500. The ELO ratings system is a method for calculating the relative skill levels of players in competitor-versus-competitor games. In terms of football, teams gain and lose ground based on the final score of each game and how unexpected the result was in the eyes of the pregame ratings. The Dolphins have the 16th best ELO to begin 2017.
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports...games-fivethirtyeight/0x94zTuqQ5grPDnYeSeu4M/

Finally some more good news about us in the media. They must think a lot of us.

So you're saying they are predicting 7 to 8 wins but we should expect much, MUCH worse?

Last edited by a moderator:
So you're saying they are predicting 7 to 8 wins but we should expect much, MUCH worse?

Worse?!?!??! Here is an exercise I enjoy. I find a sports writer for every team Miami plays, get THEIR predictions of the game with Miami, and come up with a record. Since our opponents are always prejudiced (as Miami fans are), it's interesting to get their opinions. For 2017, our opponents come up with Miami going 2-14, with the only two wins being splits with the Bills and Jets. So, 2-14 is the worst record I can find.

It's not too far off. If we don't start off hot, we don't stand a chance down the stretch with our schedule.

Take it with a grain of salt, these are the same people who predicted that Clinton would be President using statistics.

Like I said, 9 wins would be amazing...for this team, this year. Way too many variables.

With a jets sweep and bills split/sweep that's 3-4, 4-5 more from the remaining 12 games, seems doable for over, definitely would not bet on that though, cutler too much of a wildcard for me

Back
Top Bottom