Miami Dolphins reveal what they want in their quarterbacks | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins reveal what they want in their quarterbacks

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
ap_all-america_watch_footba.jpg

So, what, exactly, does Dolphins general manager Chris Grier want in his quarterbacks?
“I think the big thing is leadership,” Grier said Wednesday. “You need a guy that is a dynamic personality, that knows how to handle people. Both good and bad. Because you’re going to have ups and downs. A guy that’s steady. And I think an important thing is, a guy that’s a winner. I think it’s important that a guy has won in high school, won at the college level. So a lot of stuff you try and look for that may translate to our level. But the college game is different than our game. So it takes a lot of work and our scouts do a great job as far as background and digging. So those are some of the things we look for. Then we need to get to know the people. This is phase 2, really. Of the whole offseason process. So we’re still early in it.”
http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachp...-reveal-what-they-want-in-their-quarterbacks/

Blah, Blah, Blah. He better be looking at more than just leadership. Chad Penningtons just don't come around that often, someone that has a below average arm for the NFL and through his intelligence and moxy can be successful. If not, then you have to have a staff that can mold a scheme around the attributes a QB has, going on 18yrs. this team has been nowhere close to that.

Last edited:
Talk about an article that told us a whole much of nothing, leadership, a winner in high school and college.....ever team is looking for that, nothing new there. What the hell are the Dolphins looking for in their QB? I hope it's more than this.

Okay some dude on Twitter claimed Marino has a man crush on Mayfield. His source is SIRIUSXM NFL Radio. Now I listen to this channel maybe two hours per day and I’ve not heard this. Can anybody else confirm Twitter dude’s story?

According to you, the change should have been made in 2013. Keep posting for another 7 or 8 years and you'll be right eventually.....

I looked at some of your thread starting history, pretty hilarious stuff.

The irony of his username is too much to comprehend.

Every GM or HC will sound the same this week and right before the draft too. They just talk in general terms and won't tip their hand

Ozzy rules!!

I assume he flipped his stance bc RT hasn't single-handedly won us a SB. According to his history, he expects the QB to win games by himself.

He hasn't won anything:

Super Bowl - Nope
Conference Championship - Nope
Playoff Game: - Nope
Game to clinch the playoffs - Nope
Conference Championship in college - Nope
Bowl Game - Nope
High School Championship - Nope
High School Playoff Game - Nope
Pop Warner - unknown.

He hasn't won anything:

Super Bowl - Nope
Bowl Game - Nope
Pop Warner - unknown.
You need a competent team to accomplish any one of those.

He hasn't won anything:

Super Bowl - Nope
Bowl Game - Nope
Pop Warner - unknown.

Which is irrelevant as this is a TEAM sport. But thanks for the update of useless information.

You need a competent team to accomplish any one of those.

You also need a really good quarterback more often than not. Considering it's the most impactful position in the sport as they touch the football by and away the most.

Back
Top Bottom