Miami Dolphins reveal what they want in their quarterbacks | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins reveal what they want in their quarterbacks

You also need a really good quarterback more often than not. Considering it's the most impactful position in the sport as they touch the football by and away the most.
This doesn't change a thing of what I said.

Serious question - I know than Dan Marino is part of the Dolphins contingent at the Indianapolis Combine each year, but has he also been involved in the smaller leadership group that has gone to Mobile for the Senior Bowl game in previous years? I ask the question because I think there is a much better chance of drafting a QB this year as a potential player to develop. Yes, we are still all in on Tannehill but I think there is a good chance we may move on from Matt Moore as the backup. We can go out and get a seasoned veteran free agent but another scenario is investing a reasonably high pick in a QB as another guy to develop.
If Marino has not been part of the Mobile leadership contingent in the past, but is there now, this could be an indicator. Particularly if there is a guy we like, cough Baker Mayfield.

Dilly, Dilly.

Leadership from the qb position, while nice, isn't my #1 item for a qb. #1 should be: "Execute the playbook". Make the correct reads and progressions and throws as designed. If you cant do that, who cares if everyone likes and respects you. There is no nfl award for being the best cheerleader in the huddle.

He hasn't won anything:

Super Bowl - Nope
Conference Championship - Nope
Playoff Game: - Nope
Game to clinch the playoffs - Nope
Conference Championship in college - Nope
Bowl Game - Nope
High School Championship - Nope
High School Playoff Game - Nope
Pop Warner - unknown.

Yes but you ignored one aspect. Check to see if Tannehill missed significant time during any of those seasons. If so...add 4 victories.

If not, it's a team game

Thanks for letting us know it is a team sport, I did not know that.

Have you ever made a post that isn't just about the qb? It seems relevant to let some people know that the team around the qb goes a long way

To the article at hand...to get this discussion back on track. It sounds like they like Mayfield. The guy was loved by his teammates, won at all levels...
I absolutely hate the winner argument. Most of the top QBs, didn't have the best records in college. I was impressed with how good Mayfield looked at the senior bowl after arriving late. His teammates appear to love him and he does have that it factor to him. I am beginning to wonder if he truly is in play at 11.

I just get the Blaine Gabbert feeling with Josh Allen. Way to inconsistent for my taste.

I beard Pat Kerwin on NFL radio yesterday from the Senior Bowl. He seemed to indicate that he spoke to Marino and Dan told him he loves some Baker Mayfield.

To the article at hand...to get this discussion back on track. It sounds like they like Mayfield. The guy was loved by his teammates, won at all levels...

I suspect all teams like Mayfield. The problem is distinguishing between 'enough to move up' or 'mind games

If Mayfield is there at 11, would Buffalo trade their 2 firsts for that slot and take him? Or is that too rich?

Back
Top Bottom