Miami Dolphins: Rookie DE Charles Harris still ‘developing’ and ‘learning’ | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins: Rookie DE Charles Harris still ‘developing’ and ‘learning’

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
harris1.jpg

Harris showed a quick first step, blazing speed and a relentlessness that quickly endeared him to teammates.
But the first two games of Miami’s preseason, and many training camp practices have shown, that it’s going to take some time for Harris to develop into the player the Dolphins believe he’ll be.
http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachp...charles-harris-still-developing-and-learning/

It's usually takes 2 years for a pass rusher to develop. I really only expect Harris to get 4 to 5 sacks this year at the most. If you look at Atlanta's Vic Beasley a lot of their fans where writing him off as a bust after his rookie year. So I'm not gonna worry to much about Harris or expect a lot from him until next year.

Andre Branch was most likely going to be the starting DE this season no matter how good Harris looked.

Thankfully Goddy, & Taylor seem to be picking up the slack of stopping the run & collapsing the pocket. So, Harris has a longer honeymoon to get it together. Really solid draft.

I think Harris will come around late in the season, I just don't think he'll ever be good or even decent at stopping the run.

If he could at least set the edge decently, I'll live, but that doubles back to being a good pass rusher. Which, is why I really wanted Taco, but that's mashed potatoes now.

It's usually takes 2 years for a pass rusher to develop. I really only expect Harris to get 4 to 5 sacks this year at the most. If you look at Atlanta's Vic Beasley a lot of their fans where writing him off as a bust after his rookie year. So I'm not gonna worry to much about Harris or expect a lot from him until next year.
Too bad for him he isn't in a contract year, that's good enough for this team to pay you $8M a year!

Last edited:
It's human nature to want results now... I want him to get 5 sacks in one play tomorrow :D

He had no chance against Jason Peters tonight. Peters looked like a bored grizzly bear out there eating Harris up. The Eagles also used Harris' over-pursuit against him with successful runs and bootlegs to his side.

Against the second string tackle Harris faired no better.

I usually don't like to get down on a guy early but Harris is going to be a liability for us during the regular season. I don't see the talent at all nor a player that can flash some playmaking ability. Not sure he's much of a football player. The early round talent evaluation is very concerning on this team.

Why can't we just draft in the 5th round? Seems like that's where all our productive players come from.

Harris was and has been invincible so far, personally think we could of drafted someone much better that would of made an impact for us...He has average written all over him.

He's been double team quite a bit in the pre-season. On the Timmons interception last night, he was doubled. Not concerned. The arsenal will open up.

Back
Top Bottom