Miami Dolphins: Rookie DE Charles Harris still ‘developing’ and ‘learning’ | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins: Rookie DE Charles Harris still ‘developing’ and ‘learning’

Interesting that we haven't tried Harris at OLB with Timmons in the middle. Then Harris would be on the field more, and our starting LB corp should be stronger.

Harris was and has been invincible so far, personally think we could of drafted someone much better that would of made an impact for us...He has average written all over him.

If Harris has been invincible then I'm happy ;)

He had no chance against Jason Peters tonight. Peters looked like a bored grizzly bear out there eating Harris up. The Eagles also used Harris' over-pursuit against him with successful runs and bootlegs to his side.

Against the second string tackle Harris faired no better.

I usually don't like to get down on a guy early but Harris is going to be a liability for us during the regular season. I don't see the talent at all nor a player that can flash some playmaking ability. Not sure he's much of a football player. The early round talent evaluation is very concerning on this team.

Why can't we just draft in the 5th round? Seems like that's where all our productive players come from.
Dude....you have got to give this kid a chance to develop as a football player, you're being way to hard on him.

So is it too early for me to get upset about not taking Rueben Foster? What if Foster kills it out in the Bay Area? Then can I?

Maybe we should just remove all Missouri players from our board on draft weekend?

I'm just kidding here a bit. Let's give him at least a season and a partial next year to see if there's a bump. Now as far as the interior OL goes, it's all fair game as I swear, we haven't had a good line since Webb and Simms were manning the left side. And now Tunsil's an issue too? Maybe it's our uniforms, maybe that's it? Maybe aqua just brings out our worst?

I'm grasping at straws here.

So is it too early for me to get upset about not taking Rueben Foster? What if Foster kills it out in the Bay Area? Then can I?

Maybe we should just remove all Missouri players from our board on draft weekend?

I'm just kidding here a bit. Let's give him at least a season and a partial next year to see if there's a bump. Now as far as the interior OL goes, it's all fair game as I swear, we haven't had a good line since Webb and Simms were manning the left side. And now Tunsil's an issue too? Maybe it's our uniforms, maybe that's it? Maybe aqua just brings out our worst?

I'm grasping at straws here.
Haha you are grasping at straws.......The interior line Oline right on point on that one

It's way too early to make an assessment and I think Harris has some intangibles that could make him successful but I did see a few instances where his lack of speed hurt him last night. Mostly in pursuit.

The comparison going forward will be how Harris does compared to Tak McKinley. A guy we passed on for Harris. McKinley generated plenty of pressure (in limited snaps) in his first game being active. Another guy that has been paying well is Jordan Willis, who went in the 3rd round (73).

It's way too early to make an assessment and I think Harris has some intangibles that could make him successful but I did see a few instances where his lack of speed hurt him last night. Mostly in pursuit.

The comparison going forward will be how Harris does compared to Tak McKinley. A guy we passed on for Harris. McKinley generated plenty of pressure (in limited snaps) in his first game being active. Another guy that has been paying well is Jordan Willis, who went in the 3rd round (73).

Takk has been struggling just as much as Harris, if not more.

chicken_little-e1367965640158.png

Jordan Willis - didn't want to bring his name up - but since you did. I can't help but to keep watching how the two compare, obviously because I was all aboard the Willis train. Cincy seems very pleased so far, however we have a limited sample size so will see how things turn out down the road.

Jordan Willis - didn't want to bring his name up - but since you did. I can't help but to keep watching how the two compare, obviously because I was all aboard the Willis train. Cincy seems very pleased so far, however we have a limited sample size so will see how things turn out down the road.

Jordan Willis has been looking like a straight beast during the preseason and Carl Lawson was very impressive during training camp before he got injured, they were both drafted in the 3rd and 4th rds of the draft. We've been pretty good drafting offense players the past few years but on defense we haven't been so Lucky. You can't draft a guy 22 simply because he has great character and work ethic

Mckinley was getting dominated all thru camp, many fans criticized Quinn for straying away from past drafting philosophy and drafting a relentless but very stiff player in Mckinley.

Takk has been struggling just as much as Harris, if not more.

Again, as I said it is way too early make assessments as that will happen over the coarse of the season but....

Tak had shoulder surgery and while he was cleared, he didn't even see any practice snaps until the beginning of August. He wasn't even allowed to attend OTA's or mini camp due to graduation rules.

Back
Top Bottom