Miami Dolphins roster, free agents, and salary cap for 2018 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins roster, free agents, and salary cap for 2018

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
900700780.jpg.0.jpg

The Miami Dolphins have to make several decisions this offseason if they want to fix the team that finished 6-10 this past season. Some of those decisions are already being made, with head coach Adam Gase shaking up the coaching staff, including hiring a new offensive coordinator. Some of those decisions, however, will involve the players themselves. Will the team re-sign a soon-to-be free agent? Will they release someone to get some salary cap room?
Today, we take a look at the current state of the Dolphins’ roster, the players who are slated to become free agents, and the players who could provide some salary cap relief for the team, either through cuts or with a restructured contract.
https://www.thephinsider.com/2018/1...ami-dolphins-create-salary-cap-space-for-2018

the way I see it: We went 6-10 with Jarvis Landry and Kenny Stills. Last year we went 10-6 but barely won a few games. The only reason we beat the Browns is because their kicker Parkey missed 3 field goals. Thus, we should have gone 9-7 or even 8-8 last year. 11 million a year to make catches is not worth it to me. The Patriots won the super bowl with no-name receivers who can catch footballs, and two offensive linemen who made less than 2 million combined. What this franchise needs is an elite QB. Tannehill is a good QB, but I doubt he will ever be elite. I would rather part ways with Landry (or get a 2nd round pick for him in a trade) than keep spending and losing.

I would rather part ways with Landry (or get a 2nd round pick for him in a trade) than keep spending and losing.

Not sure how you're going to trade a free agent?
You could sign and trade but I 100% doubt someone would take
on a contract like he'll get plus give up draft pick/s,not happening

You think Landry would sign a contract knowing he'd then be traded
to a team "not his choice" probably the Browns...no way

The time to trade him was during the season
and "That ship has sailed"

The biggest thing I see on that list is that it'd cost the team on dead money over 25mill to get rid of Branch and Alonso......dumb freaking deals we gave them both

Ozzy rules!!

The biggest thing I see on that list is that it'd cost the team on dead money over 25mill to get rid of Branch and Alonso......dumb freaking deals we gave them both

Ozzy rules!!
Painful isn't it, those two contracts stuck out like a sore thumb.

the way I see it: We went 6-10 with Jarvis Landry and Kenny Stills. Last year we went 10-6 but barely won a few games. The only reason we beat the Browns is because their kicker Parkey missed 3 field goals. Thus, we should have gone 9-7 or even 8-8 last year. 11 million a year to make catches is not worth it to me. The Patriots won the super bowl with no-name receivers who can catch footballs, and two offensive linemen who made less than 2 million combined. What this franchise needs is an elite QB. Tannehill is a good QB, but I doubt he will ever be elite. I would rather part ways with Landry (or get a 2nd round pick for him in a trade) than keep spending and losing.
Good morning brother. You say $11 million is too much, and then you say Tannehill will never be an elite QB. How do you suppose this will help Ryan get there if you take weapons away from him, he has had an under achieving offensive line and no tight end for most of his time here in a Dolphins uniform.

The Patriots won a Super Bowl with arguably the greatest QB of all time and with arguably the best coach of all time.

Who would you recommend?

I would let Gase the QB guru pick his guy. If he is such a great QB coach he should be able to recognize talent and potential and draft his guy. Every yr until you find one!

Only way im drafting a qb is trading up to get Rosen..

While Rosen could be Phillip Rivers (probably sooner than later), D'arnold could be Aaron Rodgers (probably later than sooner if that makes sense).

I would roll the dice on the USC QB if I trade up.

I tag and trade Landry to Cleveland for two 2nd round picks. Take the two picks and draft LBs. Kiki and whoever is the placeholder can take a seat as soon as the two drafted LBs can takeover.

Back
Top Bottom