Miami Dolphins roster, free agents, and salary cap for 2018 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins roster, free agents, and salary cap for 2018

I tag and trade Landry to Cleveland for two 2nd round picks. Take the two picks and draft LBs. Kiki and whoever is the placeholder can take a seat as soon as the two drafted LBs can takeover.

Tag and trade is a great idea, but your expectations for compensation are waaayyy tooooooo high. To expect two second round picks the Dolphins would have to keep Ju'wuan James on his option and include him in the trade after the start of the league year.

If both players agreed to sign long term deals rather than play under the franchise tag or the 5th year option, then perhaps a deal could be made.

Actually, the Colts may be a much better trade partner. They have need at both WR and OT, and with the return of Luck next year, they are a team that may actually be appealing to James and Landry.

Tag and trade is a great idea, but your expectations for compensation are waaayyy tooooooo high. To expect two second round picks the Dolphins would have to keep Ju'wuan James on his option and include him in the trade after the start of the league year.

If both players agreed to sign long term deals rather than play under the franchise tag or the 5th year option, then perhaps a deal could be made.
J.James is a separate deal.

If two or more teams are interested then 2 picks about market value. I would expect more of a pick and player.

Only way im drafting a qb is trading up to get Rosen..
just curious why you want a qb who is not a known winner and not even his teammates like him? I would really like to know your opinion. The only qb I see with a lot of upside is Jackson and that scares the hell out of me.

just curious why you want a qb who is not a known winner and not even his teammates like him? I would really like to know your opinion. The only qb I see with a lot of upside is Jackson and that scares the hell out of me.

I mean Darnold has more realistic upside than any of them. While Jackson obviously has the highest ceiling, he probably is least likely to get close to his ceiling while also having the lowest floor. He definitely has the most to fix from a mechanics standpoint.

I do think he'll be exciting to watch and energize a fanbase in need of a QB, especially early on in his career, but it won't lead to much of anything unless he is able to evolve as a passer.

I mean Darnold has more realistic upside than any of them. While Jackson obviously has the highest ceiling, he probably is least likely to get close to his ceiling while also having the lowest floor. He definitely has the most to fix from a mechanics standpoint.

I do think he'll be exciting to watch and energize a fanbase in need of a QB, especially early on in his career, but it won't lead to much of anything unless he is able to evolve as a passer.
Darnold definitely has huge potential. I hope he is smart and stays in school. I completely agree about jackson

Not sure how you're going to trade a free agent?
You could sign and trade but I 100% doubt someone would take
on a contract like he'll get plus give up draft pick/s,not happening

You think Landry would sign a contract knowing he'd then be traded
to a team "not his choice" probably the Browns...no way

The time to trade him was during the season
and "That ship has sailed"

We could franchise him, which we should do.

That would give us leverage if we resign him or at least compensation if we lose him.

My only QB related draft concern is that Josh Allen doesn't go 6th overall.

the way I see it: We went 6-10 with Jarvis Landry and Kenny Stills. Last year we went 10-6 but barely won a few games. The only reason we beat the Browns is because their kicker Parkey missed 3 field goals. Thus, we should have gone 9-7 or even 8-8 last year. 11 million a year to make catches is not worth it to me. The Patriots won the super bowl with no-name receivers who can catch footballs, and two offensive linemen who made less than 2 million combined. What this franchise needs is an elite QB. Tannehill is a good QB, but I doubt he will ever be elite. I would rather part ways with Landry (or get a 2nd round pick for him in a trade) than keep spending and losing.

I see fans bring this up, but no other team can replicate what the Pats do.
Besides, the Pats have the best TE in the game, when healthy, and the best coach of this generation.
They recycle OCs, DCs, players on both sides of the ball without missing a beat.
Otherwords, there are other ways of winning the Superbowl via spending on your team.
Just need a good mix of guys on ELCs that can play at a good.high level and quality vets that can come close to matching their salary with their play. And of course competent QB play unless you have the 2016 Denver defense.
I agree not to be too top heavy on any position in terms of cap, but it's easier said than done to mimic the Pats gameplan.
And Ryan may not be elite, but getting rid of talent, by simply letting them walk for a potential comp pick isn't a sound way to build a team, especially when it's run by less than stellar FO moves.

We could franchise him, which we should do.

That would give us leverage if we resign him or at least compensation if we lose him.

It's the top option if a deal cannot be reached. But that is a $16 million number that dents the cap immediately in 2018 so it isn't the ideal option Miami is seeking.

That said its there if needed and ultimately will get used if necessary.

Lets stop doing the compare to the Pats, lets try to do what Pitt has done. Build a fantastic Oline, have great WRs and Rb. I think we have very good WR and RB, Ryan would have gotten us to the playoffs this year. If we have the chance pick Nelson, OG and we will instantly see the benefits as the run game will improve which improves the entire offense.

I think we are better at guard then Center. We need a center badly. First three picks badly in my eyes.

Rumor: CJ Anderson may be cut or put on the trade block by the Broncos. If true, I expect Miami to be the #1 suitor for his services, given his great relationship with Gase (they still talk regularly) and the fact that Miami already tried to get him from Denver once.

Rumor: CJ Anderson may be cut or put on the trade block by the Broncos. If true, I expect Miami to be the #1 suitor for his services, given his great relationship with Gase (they still talk regularly) and the fact that Miami already tried to get him from Denver once.

Hmm interesting how things go, especially after that late match- I can't see why he wouldn't come her if released.

Denver prob would try hard to trade him before releasing him just to try and keep him away from Gase ...

Back
Top Bottom