Miami Dolphins Should Get a Shot at Ed Reed | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins Should Get a Shot at Ed Reed

Danny68

NewEngland Fin
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Interesting read on Reed <--- Ya see what I did right there?;)

http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2013/03/01/miami-dolphins-should-get-a-shot-at-ed-reed/

''The 11 year veteran is 34 years old, but he is still playing at a level where he will nab four to six interceptions each season, which would thrill Dolfans as Miami has zero skill in their secondary for creating turnovers. I think it makes sense for Reed to come full circle and finish his football days in Miami. Either way I cannot see him back in Baltimore, but I will be watching his free-agency closely''

No thanks. We cant waste big amounts of money on old men who will be retired by the time the rest of the team are ready to compete in a year or two. Sign young players who can develop together.

Old men like Reed are fine for a team on the verge of success right now like the Packers or New England.

Old men? reed is still better than anyone in our secondary and I love R. jones. It would be great to have his leadership and playmaking ability back there for two years.

http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2013/03/01/miami-dolphins-should-get-a-shot-at-ed-reed/

''The 11 year veteran is 34 years old, but he is still playing at a level where he will nab four to six interceptions each season, which would thrill Dolfans as Miami has zero skill in their secondary for creating turnovers. I think it makes sense for Reed to come full circle and finish his football days in Miami. Either way I cannot see him back in Baltimore, but I will be watching his free-agency closely''

why are we never in contention to get a player like this at 24 instead of 34?

Now more pictures of your woman for this depressing thread you started, Danny.

why are we never in contention to get a player like this at 24 instead of 34?

Because Ireland rarely will ever pay market value in free agency for talented playmakers. It's why I fully expect us to come out of FA with no game changing wide receivers.

I wouldn't lose Clemmons for a 1 year lease of Ed Reed (he could retire anytime). Clemmons isn't flashy but we are stable back there with him in there at FS . . . and you need a more secure upgrade if you don't resign him. Reshad Jones is going to command a nice payday . . . Clemmons should be more of a bargain . . . you either get a FS in the draft or you resign him. I'm not giving Goldsen 8 million a season . . . too much.

I think Reshad Jones has shown great growth and will continue to get better and better, he has shown some ability to create turnovers.

I love how people say no thanks, like our team is actually elite enough to say no thanks to a hall of famer.

draft bacarri rambo instead.

I love ed reed... but I can think of a lot better ways to spend that kind of money.

I wouldn't lose Clemmons for a 1 year lease of Ed Reed (he could retire anytime). Clemmons isn't flashy but we are stable back there with him in there at FS . . . and you need a more secure upgrade if you don't resign him. Reshad Jones is going to command a nice payday . . . Clemmons should be more of a bargain . . . you either get a FS in the draft or you resign him. I'm not giving Goldsen 8 million a season . . . too much.
Clemons is the definition of mediocrity. Players like him = 7-9

Clemons is the definition of mediocrity. Players like him = 7-9

I get it, I really do . . . . I just don't believe bringing in Ed Reed for a short term lease at a high dollar is the way to go either.

One thing I have seen with this team is, we have looked the best in the backfield when Clemmons is manning the FS spot. He brings stability to a unit that is weak at CB. You can't just throw 8 million to Jones, 8 million to Goldsen, 8 million to a FA CB, 12 million at Wallace, etc. You have to pick and choose your battles . . . . and like I said earlier, the best option to go at FS is either draft a replacement or resign Clemmons. Atleast with Clemmons you know you are getting stability back there . . . him and Jones have put 3 years together back there and they know each other.

I'm certainly not reaching for Vaccaro at 12 because I think Clemmons needs to be upgraded . . . there are a lot of higher priority things that need addressing before Chris Clemmons on this team.

Back
Top Bottom