Miami Dolphins: Stop worrying about the guards | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins: Stop worrying about the guards

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
**** off Armando. Seriously, shut the **** up.

Not clicking on that garbage. It's not wise to undermine and demean those who decide your relevance and revenue.

Mando sucks. I remember him popping up on the Pro Football Talk radio show in the middle of our slow start last season. He sounded drunk and took plenty of shots at how typically stupid the team had been constructed and how horrible our outlook was. He is a clueless (I use four-letter words).

It will be interesting if the Chargers, who took Lamp AND Feeney, make a jump this year. I liked a lot of guys in the draft and would have been happy if we went a couple of different directions. Part of me wanted us to key in on the Oline and build it like Dallas did with theirs. If the Chargers make strides and we end up needing a QB because we got Tannehill killed then I will know who made the right choice or not.

I haven't read the article but after reading these few posts I will come out and say I was agreeing with Armando after our first few games. Rewind to last year we let our key free agents walk in their prime years, had a very medocre draft after Tunsil and Wake was recuperating from a torn achilles tendon. Gase a rookie coach was still playing Dallas Thomas and Turner at guard and we had no idea the runner we had Jay Ajayi. A 3 13 season looked realistic and 5 11 not to bad. What we learned since then is you have the status quo way and if that doesn't work you have the Gase way. Gase cleaned up last years guard issue, instilled some confidence in RT, discovered Jay Ajayi snd Wake got healthy. Pretty cool and this year so far it appears he is putting his mark on the draft. So yeah Gase figures out whats not working fairly quickly and then does it the Gase way. Not sure whats he up to at guard but the guy probably has a pretty decent plan

giphy.gif

I didn't realize the Chargers snagged Lamp and Feeney. Very shrewd moves. They've needed OL help for years.

Their next QB is going to be set up nicely with Mike Williams, Melvin Gordon, Hunter Henry Keenan Allen and the aforementioned young guards.

FWIW, that article was garbage. Probably why I changed my train of thought to the Chargers almost immediately.

It will be interesting if the Chargers, who took Lamp AND Feeney, make a jump this year. I liked a lot of guys in the draft and would have been happy if we went a couple of different directions. Part of me wanted us to key in on the Oline and build it like Dallas did with theirs. If the Chargers make strides and we end up needing a QB because we got Tannehill killed then I will know who made the right choice or not.

Great point. The Chargers went against the grain somewhat in putting together an offensive draft. Looks like they got the two best guards in addition to Williams at wide receiver in R1. Also ended up with Desmond King. Very impressive draft and will be interesting to see if they can challenge in a very tough division.

I said for three months on this board, that Miami needed to address G EARLY in the draft ... and I said for months, that if Forrest Lamp dropped to us, we should take him and just solidify that spot and get it over with. Well ... he dropped to us, and we passed on him.

Now I'm glad we did address guard in the draft and hopefully Isaac Asiata can work hard be a badass guard for us, and solidify one side of our line. He seems lke a good kid so far from what I have seen and has his head on straight ... but I swear, if we get guard play again reminiscent of the days of Dallas Thomas and Billy Turner again, the Dolphins organization can expect a lot of complaining from the Phin fans, and deservedly so ... and Ill be the ones who said "I told you so, you should have taken Lamp".

San Diego grabbed him in the 2nd round, 16 picks after Miami picked. San Diego also landed their game changing DE last year, and has a pretty solid defense already in place. I would like to have better guards, but I am glad we got a pass rushing DE in the first round, I am glad we didn't over pay Zieter or Leary this offseason. The market was crazy this offseason, as there were not many o-lineman available in FA, and the draft had a serious lack of talent at o-line. Not many teams have spent first round picks on guards whom they didn't hope could be tackles as some point, nor do many teams pay guards tackle money. To put in perspective we waited to the 5th round to grab a guard, and we got the 9th guard in the draft. The middle of the o-line is going to be fine if Pouncey can stay on the field, and if he can't they will be average to slightly below. I have faith that Gase knows what he is doing. He rated Bushrod as his 2nd best o-lineman after scrutinizing the tape from last year, and rating every player. I am going to say he is more qualified than PFF to make that call.

I still worry about the guards but love that we drafted Asiata

Ozzy rules!!

Armando should listen to his own advice and shut the **** up. Seriously, who writes that steaming pile of crap?

Dolphins need another guard regardless of what they publicly say. Or what they **** out of Armando to say.

Back
Top Bottom