Miami Dolphins Talking Points: Does Matt Moore deserve a little benefit of the doubt

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by DKphin, Jul 24, 2012.

1. DKphin

DKphin A True Fan Donator

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thed...a-little-benefit-of-the-doubt-in-the-qb-race/

2. AdamC13

AdamC13 Awe "Tight End" my favorite position!

Looks to me this guy is overrating Moore's 2011 play...18/15 TD/TO ratio (pass + run / int + fumbles lost) playing against a who's who of bad pass defense last year imo does lead to deserving any benefit of doubt. The only doubt it leads to is doubting Moore can ever lead Miami to the playoffs.

But he makes a great backup...no doubt about that.

3. rent this space

rent this space Starter Finheaven VIP

If what Mike Pouncey said was true, the entire offense was better when Garrard was in. What happens today is more important than what Moore did last year

4. phinman1

phinman1 Seriously now

Damn right he deserves a little benefit of the doubt. He was the only reason last season didn't completely tank. The guys responded to him.

Not a fan of Garrard. Can anybody name a QB who sat out a year due to being summarily released bc he sucked and was injured, and then came back and had success? I'll take him as a backup. That's it.

Yeah, supposedly he has been having good OTA's etc. Who cares. The true comparisons will be during the preseason games. I hope, and expect, Moore wins the job.

5. Casas9425

Casas9425 A True Fan

Chad Pennington. Volin has a very bizarre man crush on Matt Moore. He's overrated him all offseason.

6. Imperium

Imperium FinHeaven VIP

It's a new coaching staff and system. Moore has earned the chance to prove he can run the offense, beyond that what more can he ask for? He will get first team snaps.

7. phinman1

phinman1 Seriously now

No, Penny played the previous year w the Jets.

8. phinman1

phinman1 Seriously now

Guess what I'm saying is that if it's close in camp between the two, Moore should get the nod to start the season.

9. Lord Of Miami

Lord Of Miami A True Fan

This is Matt Moore job........ so no.

10. DolfanMD

DolfanMD Rookie

Matt earned my respect last year. I hope he gets the start.

11. Fin Thirteen

Fin Thirteen FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

It's about more than just a straight QB comp. its about installing an offense for the future. Philbin is going to pick the guy who can get the whole team running the WCO. That has to put Garrard in the driving seat. It's more than just which guy throws a nice fade route.

Moore will not just have to pick up the system, he'll have to be able to transmit to the whole team the command of theWCO that gets the whole offense ticking. That's a tall order and surely why you can see in player comments that there's a leadership and a composure about Garrard that the other two don't have. It's just another day in the office for DG.

Thats pretty hard for Philbin to ignore in the early games. If Tanny progresses well, I can see us skipping Moore altogether and handing the offense direct to RT next season.

12. Casas9425

Casas9425 A True Fan

True. But he sucked and was benched.

13. enigmatics

enigmatics Go get me a juice box!

This argument for the 20,000th time. How exciting.

14. herndonsr

herndonsr Well-Known Member

Yes i think he does what har garrard ever done he is no supper star i don"t even like him as a qb he stinks and will alway stink

15. LikeUntoGod

LikeUntoGod The Oracle

All 46 plays.........

---------- Post added at 06:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 PM ----------

All we are saying........is give Matt a chance...........

16. Vaark

Vaark Nihil taurus crappus Finheaven VIP Donator

Garrard's back is that same proverbial one hit away from IR that hung over Penny and his shoulder. For the reason of continuity alone, Moore should get the nod.

17. MDphinfan02

MDphinfan02 Well-Known Member

Haters gon hate!!! Moore is a beast

18. ATL_PHIN_FAN

ATL_PHIN_FAN Winner Under Construction

I'm thrilled that we got a veteran pro bowler to enter our QB competition. He appears to now be healthy. That said, Matt Moore was impressive during the last half of our season last year. But, I don't think Moore should necessarily get the nod just because of his performance last year. What we need is the guy who can best implement OC Sherman's offense coming out of camp. At the start of camp today, I think that could be any of the three, and I'm hoping it will be RT because I'd like to see the team get accustomed to his leadership ASAP. However, I think that's a long shot this year.

19. mysterj1

mysterj1 Active Member

I was excited when the Fins picked Moore up, since I watched him play at Oregon State and surprise me several times - he won some big games for a bad Beaver team against some great teams (beat USC in LA, for example). I thought, too, that players responded to him, and at least the team was competitive for the rest of the season. Having a full offseason to fully learn the offense won't hurt, either). I actually like this offense, because of the low expectations for QB and WR. I think we might just surprise a team or two.