Miami Dolphins: The return of Reshad Jones should be celebrated, not overlooked | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins: The return of Reshad Jones should be celebrated, not overlooked

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
082516-spt-dolphins-falcons-010.jpg

It appears Reshad Jones made five tackles in four preseason games, but of course, the Miami Dolphins safety hasn’t made a tackle that matters in 11 months, an October contest against Pittsburgh.
Since then, Jones has agreed to a 5-year, $60 million contract extension.
Since then, Jones has had rotator cuff surgery to repair a tear in his left shoulder.
It seems to me that Jones’ return to Miami’s defense has been an under-the-radar storyline this entire preseason.
http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachp...ad-jones-should-be-celebrated-not-overlooked/

I think his imo subpar preseason was just rust, and I can't wait to see him 100% in a game that matters, one of the best ss in the league.

Personally, I'm glad to have him back, we definitely need him to play well this season.

How he looked in the preseason worries me.... hopefully he was just rusty because he was bad out there

How he looked in the preseason worries me.... hopefully he was just rusty because he was bad out there

Coverage has never been his strong suit imo, he is an enforcer, which is why I love the fact we extended McDonald. I don't know if one of them can play FS successfully, but cot damn will those hits be fun to watch. Reshad is a violent football player, which is why he is a great player. In coverage though, he has, and will blow assignments. But his edge is what makes him special. He was a truly great draft pick, probably Ireland's best and he certainly had a few gems.

Coverage has never been his strong suit imo, he is an enforcer, which is why I love the fact we extended McDonald. I don't know if one of them can play FS successfully, but cot damn will those hits be fun to watch. Reshad is a violent football player, which is why he is a great player. In coverage though, he has, and will blow assignments. But his edge is what makes him special. He was a truly great draft pick, probably Ireland's best and he certainly had a few gems.

I'm not even talking about coverage (which isn't as poor as you are implying). He was whiffing on tackles and out of position.. That is very unlike him. He's actually pretty good in coverage, for a strong safety

Back
Top Bottom