Miami Dolphins: What if Rex Ryan had coached here? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins: What if Rex Ryan had coached here?

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
As Rex Ryan and Channing Crowder continue to sling insults at each other in a battle that started here -- and with Bart Scott now predictably joining in -- let's try to look at this from another angle.

It is clear that the Dolphins respect their coach, and his style. You will never hear Tony Sparano slamming an opponent the way that Ryan has, and it is unlikely you will ever hear him boast about his team the way that Ryan has. (Praise, yes. Boast, no).

But it is also clear that the Jets respect their new coach's attitude as well. Many were quoted in the New York newspapers today. Saturday, I got the same sort of answers while attending David Clowney's football camp in Delray.

"I love it," Clowney said of Ryan's brashness.

Wallace Wright, another receiver, said “whenever you have a coach who speaks his mind, and doesn’t sugarcoat things, I think it’s better for everyone. Because he encourages us to speak our minds. It’s a different type of mentality now. We’re going to line up and hit you in the mouth, and can you stop it?”

Offensive tackle D’Brickashaw Ferguson said “we’ve got a swagger approach. That’s the type of attitude you have to have, especially with all the talented guys we have in our division.”

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sport...phins-what-if-rex-ryan-had-coached-here-.html

I'm glad we chose Sparano over Rex Ryan. You can't deny the impact that Ryan can have on a defense but he's a loud mouth and I just can't agree with that style.

Sparano is all about business and I love it. He's the type of coach that players want to go that extra mile for.

I'm very happy with our current coaches. I personnally don't see Rexxy doing much with the Yets. Swagger and attitude is all fine and wonderful for a Coordinator, but you have to have the smarts and maturity for a head coach job. I don't see that so far by getting into a war of words with one of your competitors LB's.

If he were here, he'd probably say something stupid like, "Tom Brady, who's Tom Brady?"

If Ryan was the HC here 80% of the threads would be supporting him and his comments.

We'd be leading the league in hot air fersure. You're probably right about fan support had he followed a Wanny, Cam or Satan. But having had the guy we're fortunate to have -even if he hadn't orchestrated the greatest turnaround in history, it's easy to tell the difference between hot air rehetoric and substance.

If you think about it, it's really blind naivety, without a snap from center, to buy into the unfounded verbiage that we're tough and we've got swagger. At this point, after experiencing the gospel according to Tony preaching tough but fair competition, personal accountability, and appreciation for performance, most Fins fans are smart enough to distinguish between steak and what's essentially "sizzle."

11vtiki-1.jpg

If he had coached here we would all be supporting him no doubt about it. If Sporano came out and trash talked the Jets I'd be very supportive as long as he didn't say something stupid like "Who is the middle linebacker of our division rival?" But I know Sporano would ever be that dumb. Sporano is the MAN!

Wallace Wright, another receiver, said “whenever you have a coach who speaks his mind, and doesn’t sugarcoat things, I think it’s better for everyone. Because he encourages us to speak our minds. It’s a different type of mentality now. We’re going to line up and hit you in the mouth, and can you stop it?”

Hit you IN the mouth or hit you WITH our mouths? These clowns are just making it worse for themselves each and every day and the medias eating it up while the gettins good :rolleyes2:

we'd definitely support him. hell, i think he's funny. we'll see how we does as a HC but if i was a jets fan i'd be laughing right along with him right now. his personality fits that city well.

I'm sure we would be happy, but I'm glad with who we got.
I don't think the Jets have a Bill Parcells overlooking their team.

I would support him until he made it a problem. When a ILB (the essential meatheads of the defense because they use instinct instead of waiting and reacting) beats your HC in a war of words... consistently... it is a problem.

Rex may end up being a good HC, and he may very well make that D very good with his schemes and new attitude. And maybe he'd have been a good coach for us.

But let's be honest - his ridiculous brashness (after having accomplished nothing) would probably not have worked so well after the 1-15 season. We got much more than a ****y & comedic coach who could do good things for our D...we got a new culture, a completely new FO, Bill Parcells overseeing things, etc.

Sadly for them, even if Ryan ends up being a good coach, the Jets are still being run by Johnson and Tannenbaum. Which means while we may face a "violent defense" from time to time that will make for memorable games, a fun rivalry, etc., we don't really have to worry about them forming some kind of dynasty or ruling the division for very long, if at all, ever.

if Ryan was our coach then we would be a bunch of over ****y *******s that haven't proven our self's and i would have supported it HAHA

Parcells would send Ryan for a time out :boohoo:.Do you really think Parcells would put up with all this trash talking?

Bill would show him who is the boss and make him shut his mouth until he proves something at being a coach.

Back
Top Bottom