Miami Dolphins: What if Rex Ryan had coached here?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by BAMAPHIN 22, Jun 12, 2009.

1. BAMAPHIN 22

BAMAPHIN 22 FinHeaven Elite

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sport...phins-what-if-rex-ryan-had-coached-here-.html

2. HenneCannon7

HenneCannon7 Scout Team

I'm glad we chose Sparano over Rex Ryan. You can't deny the impact that Ryan can have on a defense but he's a loud mouth and I just can't agree with that style.

Sparano is all about business and I love it. He's the type of coach that players want to go that extra mile for.

3. JFoxx

JFoxx Seasoned Veteran

I'm very happy with our current coaches. I personnally don't see Rexxy doing much with the Yets. Swagger and attitude is all fine and wonderful for a Coordinator, but you have to have the smarts and maturity for a head coach job. I don't see that so far by getting into a war of words with one of your competitors LB's.

If he were here, he'd probably say something stupid like, "Tom Brady, who's Tom Brady?"

4. GoonBoss

GoonBoss Finheaven Templar Super Donator Donator

If Ryan was the HC here 80% of the threads would be supporting him and his comments.

5. DuderinoN703

DuderinoN703 I can get you a toe Finheaven VIP Donator

Basically

6. Vaark

Vaark Nihil taurus crappus Finheaven VIP Donator

We'd be leading the league in hot air fersure. You're probably right about fan support had he followed a Wanny, Cam or Satan. But having had the guy we're fortunate to have -even if he hadn't orchestrated the greatest turnaround in history, it's easy to tell the difference between hot air rehetoric and substance.

If you think about it, it's really blind naivety, without a snap from center, to buy into the unfounded verbiage that we're tough and we've got swagger. At this point, after experiencing the gospel according to Tony preaching tough but fair competition, personal accountability, and appreciation for performance, most Fins fans are smart enough to distinguish between steak and what's essentially "sizzle."

[​IMG]

7. foozool13

foozool13 #12 #13 #23 #29 #54 #99 Donator

If he had coached here we would all be supporting him no doubt about it. If Sporano came out and trash talked the Jets I'd be very supportive as long as he didn't say something stupid like "Who is the middle linebacker of our division rival?" But I know Sporano would ever be that dumb. Sporano is the MAN!

8. Koehler13x

Koehler13x Starter

Hit you IN the mouth or hit you WITH our mouths? These clowns are just making it worse for themselves each and every day and the medias eating it up while the gettins good :rolleyes2:

9. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek

we'd definitely support him. hell, i think he's funny. we'll see how we does as a HC but if i was a jets fan i'd be laughing right along with him right now. his personality fits that city well.

10. SabanHater

SabanHater ***** in the House!

I'm sure we would be happy, but I'm glad with who we got.
    I don't think the Jets have a Bill Parcells overlooking their team.

11. 1 dol fan

1 dol fan FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

I would support him until he made it a problem. When a ILB (the essential meatheads of the defense because they use instinct instead of waiting and reacting) beats your HC in a war of words... consistently... it is a problem.

12. oasis

oasis Lost in the fog

Rex may end up being a good HC, and he may very well make that D very good with his schemes and new attitude. And maybe he'd have been a good coach for us.

But let's be honest - his ridiculous brashness (after having accomplished nothing) would probably not have worked so well after the 1-15 season. We got much more than a cocky & comedic coach who could do good things for our D...we got a new culture, a completely new FO, Bill Parcells overseeing things, etc.

Sadly for them, even if Ryan ends up being a good coach, the Jets are still being run by Johnson and Tannenbaum. Which means while we may face a "violent defense" from time to time that will make for memorable games, a fun rivalry, etc., we don't really have to worry about them forming some kind of dynasty or ruling the division for very long, if at all, ever.

13. The Ghost

The Ghost Stamos

Tony Sparano is exactly like my HS coach and I love it.

14. 23EmilioVasquez

23EmilioVasquez Seasoned Veteran

if Ryan was our coach then we would be a bunch of over cocky *******s that haven't proven our self's and i would have supported it HAHA

15. 4THand10

4THand10 A True Fan

Parcells would send Ryan for a time out :boohoo:.Do you really think Parcells would put up with all this trash talking?

Bill would show him who is the boss and make him shut his mouth until he proves something at being a coach.

16. Vaark

Funny watching the myopic JestInsider homers turn on a Ravens poster who's deflating their illusion that Rex is a great DC mind, let alone special. Here's an excerpt from the middle of the thread pile on which is about Crowder. If you're interested, this is the link:'
    http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195505&page=6

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2009
  17. MadDog 88

MadDog 88 TANNERECTION!!!! Donator

A bitter Ravens fan or realist??

18. FORMER FIN1

FORMER FIN1 Starter

Man I feel more stupid now for some reason. Kinda like after you hit a "whippet" and you realize you've lost some brain cells.:crazy:

19. crumpdaddy

crumpdaddy Scout Team Finheaven VIP

Man i wish i could go to the fins jets game, they bring up swagger, id get me a fins jersey number 09 name "SwaggerJackin"

20. Vaark

I think maybe a little of both leaning towards the latter Ted. Most likely though, it's probably someone with facts in hand who's uncomfortable idly standing by and allowing revisionist history is rewritten.

[​IMG]

21. Obscure Pheonix

Obscure Pheonix Active Member

Most accurate thing ive heard here on this so called "message board"