Miami Dolphins Wide Receiver Armon Binns has Coaching Staff Excited ! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins Wide Receiver Armon Binns has Coaching Staff Excited !

fisi

Active Roster
Reaction score
Armon Binns has impressed the coaches (especially in practice) to the point where we can expect offensive coordinator Mike Sherman to involve Binns in the game plan more and more. Through workouts and Organized Team Activities (OTAs), Binns' name has been mention by almost everybody who has seen him practice. Most of the scouting reports on him read something like this "Armon Binns was created with the singular purpose of running down field and catching lobs over smaller defensive backs." It's not crazy for an undrafted receiver to make an impact in the NFL, but recent history suggests that Armon Binns' long term success in the NFL will be as a role player. Especially with Miami resigning Hartline and paying top dollars for unrestricted WRs Mike Wallace and Gibson. Undrafted Receivers Most Comparable to Armon Binns are Victor Cruz (UMass), Donald Jones (Youngstown), Eric Weems (Bethune Cookman), Miles Austin (Monmouth), Nate Washington (Tiffin). Most of these players. like Binns are missing a key component to be the go-to WR but have been complementary pieces at some point in their careers. Most are similar in size and speed to Binns and may be able to give us a look at what we can expect from him.
http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2013/...eiver-armon-binns-has-coaching-staff-excited/

its official they are looking for a 7th in a trade before they cut him.

I wish the season would start already lol. I want this team to show the world what it can do and surprise the hell out of everyone.

he did ok when he came in, dreadful game against the Pats but at least unlike Gaffney he got on the field straight away

They were "excited" about about Legadu Nanee last year, too. Kinda makes me wonder if these guys know spit about WR's.

Hopefully he turns into a nice slot guy for us, or at the very least a big red zone target.

6'3 210, IF he pans out will be very helpful.

Binns has some prior NFL experience. I hoping a Binns, Matthews or one of the undrafted guys can add something to the team in addition to the starters.

looks ike a bubble guy to me...b/t him and bumphis for the 5th wr spot...

Patrick Turner, Derek Hagan, Lego Myego... Just saying it ain't football till there's pads on, right now it's who's the best at exercising.

Patrick Turner, Derek Hagan, Lego Myego... Just saying it ain't football till there's pads on, right now it's who's the best at exercising.

Yup. Also why Will Davis is shining early on. Wait till he has to tackle somebody in the heat of a game and the preseason hype could melt away pretty fast.

I like Binns but have higher hope for Tyms. Both are the same size with Tyms having the better hands and MUCH better speed.

Last year we were trying to figure out who would be the #2-5, this year the top 3 are locked up, with Mathews nearly a lock at #4. This year we will be looking for who makes the team as a backup. I really don't think many people understand how much better this TC will be with so many of our starters in place before the start of TC. Just having the same coaches and same starting QB puts us a month or more ahead of where we were last year. Can't wait til the pads get on and we get to see what we really have. Should be a GREAT camp. Glad we get to see em a week earlier than most years.

Most of the scouting reports on him read something like this "Armon Binns was created with the singular purpose of running down field and catching lobs over smaller defensive backs."

Back
Top Bottom