Miami Dolphins WR Isaiah Ford: ‘Getting open is a gift’ | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins WR Isaiah Ford: ‘Getting open is a gift’

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
gettyimages-627484314.jpg

dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2017/05/11/miami-dolphins-wr-isaiah-ford-getting-open-is-a-gift/

Isaiah Ford has a solid shot to make the Miami Dolphins roster.

Ford topped 1,000 yards in his junior season at Virginia Tech but slipped in the draft largely because of a 4.61 40-yard dash.

Last edited by a moderator:
We'll soon see if he's gonna be our next Rishad Matthews. Ya know, that next 7th rd WR who makes the team and develops chemistry with Tannehill.

Isaiah Ford will surprise a lot of people. I think he's 711 2.0 ... He's the type of player, who just seems to know how to get open. If he doesn't make the roster I'm pretty sure he'll be on another NFL team with lesser WR position Strength such as Washington, San Francisco or the New York Jets? He'll be successful someday soon. Maybe not in Miami?

Loved watching Isaiah here at VT. Was an awesome receiver and I was going to be shocked to see him go in the 5th much less the 7th. I think he could be a great wideout for Miami/

Loved watching Isaiah here at VT. Was an awesome receiver and I was going to be shocked to see him go in the 5th much less the 7th. I think he could be a great wideout for Miami/
Starter good? I did see him get wide open a bunch. QB didn't help him

I watched his highlights, it didn't appear to me that he got open much. He had a few nice TD grabs in the end zone though. Zero RAC/YAC ability.

We've talked about this a million times...productive receivers that don't run track (Boldin, Landry, Rice etc etc etc....)

Smart to pick these guys up and give them a shot!

Isaiah Ford is Easy Money.
Z4g992.gif

Ford doesn't have great WR measurements. He's not straight-line fast, he doesn't have any standout physical traits, and he's not a great athlete. If you prioritize the combine, then Ford isn't even a consideration for you.

If you prioritize high-level, age-based college production and the technical aspects of being a good WR, then Ford must be on your radar. Ford led the ACC in receiving as a 19-year-old sophomore.

Ford is the 2nd best route runner in this class behind Corey Davis.

http://forum.dynastyleaguefootball....t=138337&sid=82d59fe925282c82c0975f044ad45000

From what I saw they forced the ball to him a lot! He does win a lot of 50/50 balls though. But the NFL is a whole new level.

Isaiah Ford is Easy Money.
Z4g992.gif

Ford doesn't have great WR measurements. He's not straight-line fast, he doesn't have any standout physical traits, and he's not a great athlete. If you prioritize the combine, then Ford isn't even a consideration for you.

If you prioritize high-level, age-based college production and the technical aspects of being a good WR, then Ford must be on your radar. Ford led the ACC in receiving as a 19-year-old sophomore.

Ford is the 2nd best route runner in this class behind Corey Davis.

http://forum.dynastyleaguefootball....t=138337&sid=82d59fe925282c82c0975f044ad45000

That kind of footwork wont fly in the NFL, at least that specific example. Though it throws that particular CB off, there is too much dancing on that break for real corner to bite on believing it's an out. Also notice the inside leverage and the CB's head is fixed on the QB b/c he is playing zone, but as Ford begins to break down, the CB's eyes fall back on to the WR ( a mistake) and that's when Ford takes advantage when the CB uses a crossover step to the sideline. That type of poor technique also wont happen to NFL quality CBs. Not saying Ford isn't a good route runner or that he can't excel in the NFL, but the visual is a poor example of why he will or can be.

The bad analysis/example from that article is of no surprise as it looks to be coming from some fantasy football outlet.

Last edited:
I felt pretty confident after studying all of our pre draft visits that Gase was going to take a reciever in this draft in the later rounds. The why is interesting, as this is a rare position of stength for us. So any with any idea of what Gase is thinking drafting recievers two years in a row? Maybe he collects receivers like some folks collect shoes.

I watched his highlights, it didn't appear to me that he got open much. He had a few nice TD grabs in the end zone though. Zero RAC/YAC ability.

No offense but you need to watch those highlights again. That dude gets plenty open by NFL WR standards.

Ford was one of Miami's two best picks. WR is always a very deep group, so it just takes a few teams drafting the wrong guy to cause a quality WR like Ford to fall. He should have gone in the 3rd or 4th, and he was the best late-round value at WR this year. Taywan Taylor, Chris Godwin, and Josh Reynolds are the other great values, but they all have higher ceilings than Ford.

Back
Top Bottom