Miami Dolphins’ Xavien Howard ranked 115th-best CB by Pro Football Focus | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins’ Xavien Howard ranked 115th-best CB by Pro Football Focus

datruth55

Hungry for defense
Club Member
Reaction score
DAVIE — There isn’t a cornerback in the NFL who has played more than 53 snaps and is worse this season than Xavien Howard, according to Pro Football Focus.

Howard is rated as the worst cornerback in the NFL, ranked 115th, with a rating of 33.3.
In pass coverage, Howard is ranked 115th; in run support, 79th.

Howard had a particularly rough game on Monday night in Carolina. According to Pro Football Focus, Howard was targeted seven times, allowing five receptions for 87 yards and three touchdowns.

According to a review in this weeks’ “The Tape Don’t Lie” Howard was directly responsible for two touchdowns, one by tight end Ed Dickson and one by receiver Devin Funchess.

Howard was also called for a pass interference in the end zone.
http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachp...d-ranked-115th-best-cb-by-pro-football-focus/

Combine that with a rookie at the other CB spot, along with safeties who lack Earl Thomas-type downfield coverage skills, and you have a defense that surrenders an opposing passer rating over 104, which has been associated with a 4-12 record on average in the league since 2004.

Richard Sherman/Earl Thomas/Kam Chancellor they are not.

Pretty amazing we are just below .500.Regardless of schedule.

Pretty damn close to saying this team has given up.Not quite but I would say we are getting about 70% out of this team.

Pretty amazing we are just below .500.Regardless of schedule.

Pretty damn close to saying this team has given up.Not quite but I would say we are getting about 70% out of this team.

Oh noes. What you see on the field is 100% out of this particular team. And that is the sad part. Outside of Suh and a few others, this team is overrated by all here on FinHeaven. They are a scam. And people just refuse to see it. They are just that inept and bad.

Howard is young, let him grow into the position.

Team is composed of quitters. It's all about the paycheck. They don't play hard. You can see it on the field. They are just going through the motions. You might could say different if they weren't embarrassed 3 weeks in a row. No doubt in my mind the Bucs will hand them their ass. The Bucs aren't a great team but they will look like one this week.

He has been a huge disappointment to say the least. This is only his second year so still plenty of time for him to learn and improve hopefully.

Well, if he was out, we could at least have a look at McTyer.

I wonder at some point if he or Verner gets playing time (although Verner) was bad outside as wel but when your ranked dead last. I don't see Gase making a move though.

Back
Top Bottom