Miami fans | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami fans

PAPhinFan

Active Roster
Reaction score
Had a good time with some finheaven guys tonight but being from PA the majority of Miami fans make me sick. People in the stadium still calling for Moore. And after the loss zero people cared. More worried about driving daddy’s car home. Just upset me to see the lack of football knowledge and passion in the stadium. I’m a die hard dolphins fan and will continue to be. It’s just sad .

Welcome to the local Miami fanbase. It's a retirement city. Lots of fairweather fans. It's arguable the strength of the Miami fanbase is national. Thanks to Marino.

Plus, remember, Miami has not had a winning franchise in 15 years. Whole generations have grown up with a mediocre to poor team. If Gase can accomplish a winning culture theres going to be a growing period to build up that faith and trust.

What do they have to cheer about? This season is a lost cause- anyone knows that. Also, fans have become use to losing and are pretty much numb to it.

The team played well tonight cutler played EXTREMELY well, I’m not saying cheer, I would like to see some people upset we lost.

Had a good time with some finheaven guys tonight but being from PA the majority of Miami fans make me sick. People in the stadium still calling for Moore. And after the loss zero people cared. More worried about driving daddy’s car home. Just upset me to see the lack of football knowledge and passion in the stadium. I’m a die hard dolphins fan and will continue to be. It’s just sad .

Please persuade me why anyone should give two f*cks about a football team that has not been relevant for last 15 years. Maybe people do not care because apathy has fully set in and will not go away until this organization finally puts a quality product on the field. What is sad is that is that you are blaming the fans when it should be on the organization. This team should make you sick but go ahead and blame the fans -- it is clearly their fault for the team's deficiencies.

Make me sick? Absolutely not, we went out and got cutler to put us in win now mode. He played out of his mind today as did everyone on the team minus jones. Ajayi? Didn’t miss him, love the trade we rushed the ball decent. I am
Sure you are one of the fans who still chant for Moore. Also pretty sure you don’t know the difference between a cover 2 and a Tampa 2 so what’s the point.

What you guys really have are very casual fans. Not really diehard fans. You have the seasonticket base which has dwindled over the years (though last couple years it went back up). In the last 20 years the Dolphins have really lost a lot of diehard fans. I see it in my section which is usually prime season ticket holders. A lot of seaason ticket holders give the tickets away or sell them through the ticket exchange. The two rows in front of me are occupied by season tickets. I don't see the actual seat owners very often. Usually those seats are occupied by casual fans who might be Dolphins fan but could care less if the team wins or loses.

The Dolphins don't do themselves any favors either. Starting 4-2 and then laying an egg like the one in Baltimore is for many 'same ol, same ol'.
I can guarantee you that if we came home at 5-2 and would have had a chance to tie the Pats for the division lead the crowd tonight would have been much different.
It really is hard for out of towners to understand it but going to the games for the last 20 years have been frustrating.
But hey, we can tailgate like there is no tomorrow. :laugh

Oh I know phins 4 ever, me and my girlfriend had an awesome time with you and your son!! You and your friends are amazing phins fans.

The Canes game had an unbelievable atmosphere on Saturday night. There was chanting in the parking lot an hour after the game ended. In this city you have to give the fans reason to believe and care. That turnover chain gimmick has really caught on. I'm old enough to remember when the Dolphins captured the city like no team before or since, wth the white hankies courtesy of Rick Weaver. Since the '70s it's like technically the same franchise but never feels that way

The Canes game had an unbelievable atmosphere on Saturday night. There was chanting in the parking lot an hour after the game ended. In this city you have to give the fans reason to believe and care. That turnover chain gimmick has really caught on. I'm old enough to remember when the Dolphins captured the city like no team before or since, wth the white hankies courtesy of Rick Weaver. Since the '70s it's like technically the same franchise but never feels that way
Winning cures all. It is not limited to us. Outside of teams like Chicago, Green Bay and Pittsburgh if the team is bad people won't show up. 10, 15 years ago when the Seahawks sucked they were talking about moving the team. They played in front of 45,000. It is the beast of football. You play well, stadium is full. You suck, stadium is empty or you have a bunch of casual fans.

In today's time it is even harder to convince people to go to a franchise which sucked for the last 20 years. With NFL packages, social media and no local blackouts anymore why should anybody go to a game of the Dolphins who field a team which makes amateur like mistakes like they did yesterday.
The raiders fans were pretty loud all game from where I was sitting.

Which I feel is a huge issue

The Jets sell so few tickets that we have our own Metlife takeover. Or look at last year's game in LA where half the stadium was Dolphins fans or the games in SD over the years. It is the beast of being a sub mediocre franchise. Like I said: it is not limited to us.

Back
Top Bottom