Miami getting an Arena Football League team?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami getting an Arena Football League team??

Mako

Active Roster
Reaction score
I was watching an Arena Football game earlier on, and saw an interview with the league commissioner where the topic of expansion was brought up..

He mentioned that the league was attempting to put an expansion team in Miami.

What are your views on this and the league? I know the Hooters and Cats failed in the past, but with the league more nationally known, do you think the AFL would fit well in Miami?

The most popular team in Miami is the Dolphins. I would think that an Arena League team could have success in Miami, the football team has the biggest fanbase and while the AFL doesn't even have close to as much interest, it would definitely gain some from NFL fans who want to watch football during the offseason. I watch AFL once in a while but I'm not really into it.

AFL is boring to me. I dont know why. I want to get into it but I just cant. It wouldnt matter much to me if we got an AFL franchise or not.

DolFan31 said:
AFL is boring to me. I dont know why. I want to get into it but I just cant. It wouldnt matter much to me if we got an AFL franchise or not.

It is boring. I try so hard to get into it, but I can't for the life of me sit through an entire game.........It's just not FOOTBALL.

Thee Hooters and Bobcats went under cause of very poor ownership.
I went to a few Bobcat games and had a blast...Cause I care muchless who won. I was fun just to watch guys knocking the crap out of each other. Also, you are right on top of the action. You hear "EVERTHING" that happens on the turff. I hope they do get another team. I'll go to as many games as I can.

I go to the Tampa Bay Storm games from time to time. ThunderCane is right. Those games are a blast. The crowd gets loud. The players play hard. Lots of passing. They play great music between every play. The cheerleaders are hot and dance that way. Good stuff.

pigskinguy said:
It is boring. I try so hard to get into it, but I can't for the life of me sit through an entire game.........It's just not FOOTBALL.
wat do you call it then? soccer.

I used to go to games when milwaukee had the mustangs,me and my buddies always had a blast.It wasnt the nfl but it was fast paced and exciting,besides what else are ya gonna do in he off season?

I'm from Grand Rapids, MI. and we have the Rampage. I go to about 4 or 5 games every season and always have a great time. The games are hella boring to watch on TV, however, they are tons of fun live. Like everyone else has said, there's a ton of passing, some really good plays, the cheerleaders are great, the music is good and since the fans are all NFL fans just looking for some offseason football, then we all just get into it, even if you're not a huge fan. Anyway, since I don't live in Miami anymore I guess I really don't care if Miami does get a team, I just thought I'ld throw in my two cents... :D

Levi said:
wat do you call it then? soccer.

Well, it's about as dumb as soccer :lol: ........Seriously, I don't know what it is, but I just can't get into it. Maybe i have to see a game live to appreciate it. I don't know, but I can't get into it.

Back
Top Bottom