Miami Herald | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Herald

The QB position was one gigantic fail this year, including a second straight devastating injury for Tannehill. It makes perfect sense for the Dolphins to draft a QB with that top pick.

Won’t happen. Scan that list of 1st rounders, find the one with one good season or iffy inflated stats, and that’s our man.

I agree that we need another QB to groom but I don't like taking one in the first round. There isn't a single one projected to be available for us that I would feel is a lock to be a quality QB at the next level. Take a project in the 2-4 round area that needs to work on some mechanics or adjust to the offensive style and I am good with that. But let's not waste a first round pick for someone that isn't going to be benefit the team in 2018.

I'd like to get Allen at 11. It won't happen because everyone from the owner down to Gase would admit that help is needed at the position. What will suck is if the FO does go get a veteran qb who will be average and people call for him if Ryan stinks in 18.
Just end all this and draft Allen. The future would be set, and any injury to Ryan can be covered with young blood. Besides, how many chances will we get to be at 11 with 4-5 qb's in front of us?

I agree that we need another QB to groom but I don't like taking one in the first round. There isn't a single one projected to be available for us that I would feel is a lock to be a quality QB at the next level. Take a project in the 2-4 round area that needs to work on some mechanics or adjust to the offensive style and I am good with that. But let's not waste a first round pick for someone that isn't going to be benefit the team in 2018.
but what if we need him to play? do we just assume the season is over again if Tannehill gets hurt or sucks? I mean when you say groom, you are assuming all will be gravy. When in fact, historically, something always happens to the opposite. Will the excuse be for Tannehill the line? The backs? The fact of losing Landry?

Josh Allen intrigues me, as does Baker Mayfield. But I would only consider using a 2nd round pick on Baker Mayfield.

In the end, I think they will try to pick up a developmental guy in the mid-rounds, and sign a cheap vet backup for the season. I could even see them trade down trying to pick up assets for 2019 draft, but that's only if they manage to stop Tannenbaum's influence. 2018 is make or break for Tannehill. If he fails, they will target a QB in the 2019 draft. The good thing is that there will be far less competition for QBs at the top of Round 1 because many of them would have picked up a guy in this year's draft.

I'd like to get Allen at 11. It won't happen because everyone from the owner down to Gase would admit that help is needed at the position. What will suck is if the FO does go get a veteran qb who will be average and people call for him if Ryan stinks in 18.
Just end all this and draft Allen. The future would be set, and any injury to Ryan can be covered with young blood. Besides, how many chances will we get to be at 11 with 4-5 qb's in front of us?
for us to realistically clear the board for a qb, we have to be smart and efficient in free agency. Can we acquire 6-8 starters and still be ok salary wise? I believe they can shed $40M between Wake, Pouncey, Thomas, Larsen and James.

Josh Allen intrigues me, as does Baker Mayfield. But I would only consider using a 2nd round pick on Baker Mayfield.

In the end, I think they will try to pick up a developmental guy in the mid-rounds, and sign a cheap vet backup for the season. I could even see them trade down trying to pick up assets for 2019 draft, but that's only if they manage to stop Tannenbaum's influence. 2018 is make or break for Tannehill. If he fails, they will target a QB in the 2019 draft. The good thing is that there will be far less competition for QBs at the top of Round 1 because many of them would have picked up a guy in this year's draft.
Mayfield won't go past the Jets in round 1. How can we even imagine him slipping so far

if we are looking for a qb in 2019, Gase and Tannenbaum and Grier will be gone. To leave the cupboard bare at qb after having an opportunity to do so in two prior offseasons is irresponsible.

miamis board is probably gonna look like this at qb considering the fit relative to qb ask

josh rosen
sam darnold
josh allen

all 3 with top 10 grades

allen will lock his up at the senior bowl after he rips the cover off the ball

all the money in my wallet says none get past 6

miamis board is probably gonna look like this at qb considering the fit relative to qb ask

josh rosen
sam darnold
josh allen

all 3 with top 10 grades

Do you think all 4 (Rosen/Darnold/Allen/Mayfield) will be gone by 11? I think only Lamar Jackson will be available at 11, and I wouldn't spend a 1st rounder on him.

josh rosen
sam darnold
josh allen

all 3 with top 10 grades

I guess we can use fairy dust and leapfrog all those teams or all that draft capital we have.

Here’s an idea. Fix that defense and run the ball effectively.

Back
Top Bottom