Miami Herald | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Herald

Do you think all 4 (Rosen/Darnold/Allen/Mayfield) will be gone by 11? I think only Lamar Jackson will be available at 11, and I wouldn't spend a 1st rounder on him.

Yes and nor would I on jackson. I saw where one
Scout said they are going to work Jackson as a WR also.

QB can cover up a ton of holes, see our very own dan marino and what Jimmy G did already in san fran. im all for drafting one in the first or second.

What I love about this thread is, it mentions "experts who are paid to write about Miami". Yet, in another thread, OP makes disparaging remarks about the FO of the Franchise.

I guess people who write about the Dolphins for a living know more about football than those who have worked their entire career in Football, up to a point of having the biggest jobs in one of the biggest Franchises in the game. Hilarious.

Along with that, OP pats himself on the back about agreeing with the journalist in question. Yet, same journalist talks about "potentially overpaying Landry". OP certainly doesn't agree with that, as evidenced by his other thread. So maybe ... the journalist is only an expert on those pieces to which the OP agrees?

Now, I'm not saying our FO are amazing by any stretch - I'm on record as not being a Tannenbum fan. But ... to call a journalist an expert? Please.

I agree with the article and I like josh Allen. I don’t believe he’ll be there at 11. Personally, I’m not sold on mayfield or Jackson being elite. We do need to swing for the fences at some point though. Tannehill is good but we would need an elite defense to win the super bowl. He’s not the type of qb to put the team on his back in January.

Do you think all 4 (Rosen/Darnold/Allen/Mayfield) will be gone by 11? I think only Lamar Jackson will be available at 11, and I wouldn't spend a 1st rounder on him.

I think once Mayfield runs 4.7 at 6 foot and change and the fact that he doesn't come from a pro style offense like a brees for instance teams are gonna cool the jets on top 10 baker Mayfield

but I'd be happy if he does go in front of us cause that would help a top level non qb talent drop to us

Don't see Miami spending #11 on a QB unless one of the top 3 falls, which they won't.

I do see us drafting someone like Riley Ferguson or Tanner Lee in the later rounds to develop.

I guess we can use fairy dust and leapfrog all those teams or all that draft capital we have.

Here’s an idea. Fix that defense and run the ball effectively.
Fixing the defense requires multiple players and possible coaching upgrades. Running the ball effectively requires (Possibly) multiple o-linemen. Both need a lot of work.
I think that what the article is saying is that 1 pick, 1 man can turn a lot around. Carson Wentz, Jimmy G., Goff this year, Watson. These guys can bring a lot with just one pick unlike what you mention needing lots of help. No disrespect, just my opinion.

Fixing the defense requires multiple players and possible coaching upgrades. Running the ball effectively requires (Possibly) multiple o-linemen. Both need a lot of work.
I think that what the article is saying is that 1 pick, 1 man can turn a lot around. Carson Wentz, Jimmy G., Goff this year, Watson. These guys can bring a lot with just one pick unlike what you mention needing lots of help. No disrespect, just my opinion.

I would consider a trade up (cause that’s what it will take) if an only if Gase pounds the table for a guy- which I dont expect.

I sure as heck am not trusting Mike T’s evaluation. The thing is I’m not tradiing draft capital just because lets say for instance I’m not a Ryan believer. They better have a real strong conviction. I suspect QB to be a consideration later possibly.

I’m going to bet that Gase bets his future on Ryan as the QB, because let’s face it- he either sinks or swims with him or another QB of his chossing IMO.

I’m not so sure we are as far away as some others with fixing the rest of the team.

you trade up you are gonna lose your 2nd round pick in the process probably to even get to 8

Build the TEAM....the QB will come...(I think we already have him)...do we need someone to groom? Absolutely....but we can win with Thill consistently if we have the right guys beside him

Focus on a stifling defense and a bruising running game with the flexibility to flash...drake has the flexibility to flash so pair him with a bruiser...

Many will say we have ALL these needs....I don't think so...I believe we need a solid foundation and build on it consistently instead of spreading ourselves across the board hoping to plug the leaks...

We have a QB, RB and receivers on offense to do the job...we want a tight end and, I agree, A weapon at TE would be really good...but that's not the be all end all for us...we can survive with what we have....our O-line needs help but is the talent we have there THAT bad or could it be the scheme and coaching that needs the biggest upgrade?..I don't know that...could we use better guard/center play? yes we do, but coaching, grooming and maybe the right free agent would go a long way.

Our DEFENSE is where our biggest problems are...IMO...be it the scheme, coaching or talent IT needs our focus...In order for our offense to make a difference we have to stop the opponent from using us as a practice team...We have to have a defense that stops the bleeding and allows us to execute an offensive game plan instead of chasing and playing catch up with the other team...they run us around at will (it seems) and impose their will on us...it tires the team out and demoralizes everybody from the coaches to the kicker.....STOP allowing the first downs and TOP to be our cross to bear....Make our IDENTITY ....HARD ROCK DEFENSE...(not trying to be cute but I believe a feared defense is our best weapon)

Build the foundation of a winning team by first stopping the enemy from advancing....it will do wonders for the attitude....do that and you will see what kind of QB and offense we really already have...the stats will come but more importantly the POINTS and point differential will swing in our favor more often than not....the most important stat

As always....IMO

I agree with Cote. Tannehill is who or what he is. He is not a top 10 quarterback, but he is a middle of the road QB. The goal should not be just to maybe win the occasional wild card position but to consistently win the division and beyond. To do that, the QB has to be as good if not better than Brady.

Back
Top Bottom