Miami Herald

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Tannchise, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Awsi Dooger

Awsi Dooger A True Fan

I think those dimes are symbolic of 10 years of waiting and adjusting, the roy miami scenario and increasingly nightmarish likely

2. DKphin

DKphin A True Fan Donator

Kurt Benkert or Riley Ferguson should be taken in the latter rounds. RT is not going anywhere for a few years and they could learn behind him.

The Goat and coalesce like this.
  3. Digital

Digital Starter Finheaven VIP

Talking about a new QB sells newspapers / drives clicks. It's all about the click-bait these days. Everyone is interested in QB changes.

Chances of it happening if Tannehill is healthy? 0%

Chances of the media talking about it regardless of Tannehill's health? 100%

What we need are new guards and linebackers ... but they don't generate many clicks from the general public, so expect more stories about "playmakers", overpaid stars, and as always, imaginary QB changes.

FinaticalFinfan, coalesce and kevphin like this.
  4. TheWozz

TheWozz FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Oh good...an offseaon thread about Tannehill. It's been like seven seconds since we had one...

5. Digital

Digital Starter Finheaven VIP

That's a good sign though Wozz ... because during the season it was like every 3 seconds! :D

TheWozz likes this.
  6. fin415

fin415 Rookie Finheaven VIP

So true. Unfortunately, there are very, very few really sure things in the NFL draft, so the corrected statement is: if someone with what looks like amazing upside is available at our draft position, we should grab him.

This is a team with some serious upgrade needs. So trading up for less than the next Aaron Rodgers is a very, very bad plan.

7. superphin

superphin Starter Finheaven VIP

Hey if if were drafting the next Rodgers no need to trade up he'll just fall all the way to our pick. Than we'll pick a HB.

8. Third Eye

Third Eye Scout Team

We have to draft a QB. In the first round. We should've been drafting his replacement since year three of the RT Experiment.

9. kingfin23

kingfin23 This is the Year

I agree with the article somewhat, but we don't need a QB this year. It's a waste of a pick. IMO this is a good idea in 3 years..

lurking likes this.
  10. theOutback

theOutback Well-Known Member

Yup, you just snap your fingers, and poof! A sparkling new pro bowl qb is here ready to bring you SB wins!

lurking likes this.
  11. BSQ

BSQ Scout Team

The whole Tannehill reinjury was totally maddening. That decision , not to operate, was 100% wrong and I would like to know who made that final decision because it cost the Dolphins the entire 2017 season. We have some nice pieces to build around on both sides of the ball but this team will only go as far as Tannehill can take it. He kind of shrinks in big moments and I never saw him fully overcome that tendency.

Everything we did in the off season, last year, was to build the offense around RT. We resigned Stills, we brought in a big name TE, he just didn't have big name talent anymore, we thought we fixed the oline with Larsen and Bushrod, then Ryan goes down for the year. With all the weather bs, schedule bs, referee bs, and other devastating injuries I'm ready to simply turn the page on what was a real bummer of a season.

Gase, who rode into this season on a white horse, ended the season dumping fan favorite Jay Ajayi, and fans are already about over his weird ways. He had NO Head Coaching experience when he was hired so it's a learn as you go type of thing. I think the staff should have a few more former coaches who have been to Super Bowls. This staff is very young and very short on play off and Super Bowl experience. I believe Gase's ego won't permit him to bring in veteran coaches to help him, that may very well, be his ultimate undoing.

We go into next year saying the same thing that we have said for several off seasons in a row. "This will be Tannehill's year." Will it?

12. Birdmond

Birdmond FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

My belief is as a GM if you are convinced a QB can be elite and that QB is still on the board you draft that QB unless you have a young franchise QB.

13. The Goat

The Goat Escape Goat

Tannehill probably wouldn’t have been ready to play until November, even if he’d had surgery right after the initial injury to his knee.

14. Kdawg954

Kdawg954 Paint on My Hands from Paintin the Perfect Picture Finheaven VIP Donator

Is this for truth tho?

Flacco injured his knee late November and by the time camp started in late July, Flacco was out there taking first team snaps. Sure he had a brace on but that was only 8 months.

My guess come week 1 he would of been ready. Putting him 9 months post rehab. I do agree 10 or 11 months would be ideal.