Miami is currently $6.6 million under the cap. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami is currently $6.6 million under the cap.

HA!!!!!! Clumpy was right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And all those newspapers were wrong!

Ahem, Randy McMicheal...wants a new deal...Anyone seeing how that could work now...

I'm still confused...where did the $6.6 come from ?? Or was that a typo...

It says 3.6 million.

How did you see 6.6?

Saban4prez said:
Ahem, Randy McMicheal...wants a new deal...Anyone seeing how that could work now...

:yes: and we should have some more cap space next year if feeley is cut and will poole will be back so howard could be gone so i think that is a big priority we need to extend mcmike

hdjetta6316 said:
HA!!!!!! Clumpy was right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And all those newspapers were wrong!

no, Clumpy was wrong.....he even has the wrong cap limit on his page

Clumpy does it as a hobby though, and he doesn't get paid for it, so thats cool

If we are 6.6 mil under the cap, why was everyone (experts) saying we couldn't sign Simon?

wpgfishfan said:
It says 3.6

Is there any advantage to be under the cap if we don't sign anyone elae??

I remember reading an artcile early in the offseason that there is some kind of incentive or loophole in the cap accounting by which unused cap space may be rolled over to the next year. I don't think it's done automatically, but you can file something and the difference is credited towards next years cap. It was an article in reference to the way certain teams seem to be able to sign lots of guys every year.

SF Dolfan said:
I remember reading an artcile early in the offseason that there is some kind of incentive or loophole in the cap accounting by which unused cap space may be rolled over to the next year. I don't think it's done automatically, but you can file something and the difference is credited towards next years cap. It was an article in reference to the way certain teams seem to be able to sign lots of guys every year.

thats not necessarily the case. Each year, contracts escalate, taking up more cap room. You dont just go into next year with a free 3.6 mil to spend

Dudeman said:
thats not necessarily the case. Each year, contracts escalate, taking up more cap room. You dont just go into next year with a free 3.6 mil to spend

Actually, I just remebered what it is. There's a loophole where if you have extra cap room, say 3M, you can add some kind of escalators or unlikely to be reached incentives that bring you up to the cap limit. I guess we could say Gus get 3M for 50 TD passes or something. At the end of the year, teams get credited the unearned portion back to their next year's cap. The risk would be that you push yourself to the cap limit. I'll try to find an article.

Dudeman said:
Plus you need to go into the season with a couple of million to bring in players to replace injured players throughout the year.

Back
Top Bottom