Miami is currently $6.6 million under the cap. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami is currently $6.6 million under the cap.

This pains me like you have no idea, here goes!

Clumpy is the man!!!

I feel so dirty!

Fin Fan in Cali said:
Plus you need to go into the season with a couple of million to bring in players to replace injured players throughout the year.

there's a brief mention of the loophole here at the very bottom. its actually "likely to be earned" incentives that credited back. they are couted during the current year as salary and credited back the following if not acheived. the trick is writing in likely to be earned incentives that aren't really that likely. some teams were becoming very adept at it. Minn, Philly, and a few others were supposed to be getting very good at it. If someone can find a better article, let me know. I need to be productive soon and get some work done.

http://www.vertgame.com/sal_cap.html

Dudeman said:
thats not necessarily the case. Each year, contracts escalate, taking up more cap room. You dont just go into next year with a free 3.6 mil to spend

Actually there is a way to do it. Philly has been doing it for years. You take a good chunk of this years cap say $3 million. You put it into easy to obtain escalators but for those that would never earn it like your LT getting an escalator for $1 million if he plays 30% of special teams that he never would.

When he doesn't obtain that it applies back to your cap the following year so you get that little extra cap room.

VanDolPhan said:
Actually there is a way to do it. Philly has been doing it for years. You take a good chunk of this years cap say $3 million. You put it into easy to obtain escalators but for those that would never earn it like your LT getting an escalator for $1 million if he plays 30% of special teams that he never would.

When he doesn't obtain that it applies back to your cap the following year so you get that little extra cap room.

Bingo! That's it. The challenge for us is that you need cap room to start with. Philly's FO is freakin amazing BTW.

Damn, I got all excited thinking it was 6.6 million... change the thread title! We are currently 3.6 million under the cap for those who did not read the whole thread.

We're saving it till next year to give Brees a fat contract after we trade for him. ;)

Guy sthat cap space means nothign Ronnie gets a huge bonus next year along with escalating comtracts and new signs for next years draft. In fact if I was to guess that # wont equate very well to what we at this moment are set to put out next year for players as even if feeley is still here he deffinately wont get 3 mil!

Unbelievable....How do the Eagles manage to stay about three times over that cap more than anyone else? The closest anyone gets to them is the Texans who are 4.8 million less in pocket

wierd those numbers are not the same as the ones when i first clicked the link

Miami is one of only four teams I believe to already be over the projected cap number for next year.

The cap situation here is not gonna get much better until we start to use the money better and jettison some high priced veterans and replace with cheaper, younger players who can give near the same results or better. Like the Eagles and Pats do.

can somebody tell me larry chesters cap numbers and if the cap has been adjusted since his departure?

PhinsTD said:
Miami is one of only four teams I believe to already be over the projected cap number for next year.

The cap situation here is not gonna get much better until we start to use the money better and jettison some high priced veterans and replace with cheaper, younger players who can give near the same results or better. Like the Eagles and Pats do.

Its Taylor's, Thomas', Madison's, Howard's, and Mare's cap #s that are so high.

Back
Top Bottom