Miami safety Cooper shot, safety Meriweather returns fire | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami safety Cooper shot, safety Meriweather returns fire

Know what meriweather was just defending himself and friend most likely, so until there is an official story I dont wanna hear a bunch of crap about this

Adrian said:
Did I miss something? Did Meriweather get arrested?

Based on the new reports what exactly did they do wrong?

Merriweather did not get arrested. He used the gun within the law.

ITs fairly obvious, by the media not blowing this story out of proportion, that Merriweather (who is a projected first rounder next year) and Cooper, did nothing wrong except lawfully protect themselves from suspicious activity,and when shot at, were then legally able to fire back to protect themselves from harm. Trust me, if there was anything that would remotely suggest UM football players involved in more illegal activity or some kind of trouble with the law, the media would be all over it.

Meriweather's been my favorite player since Winslow left....he's just the man. I can't believe he had Cooper's back like that. That's a real friend there.

I would have loved to see the reaction this got if it happened at another school.

Motion said:
I would have loved to see the reaction this got if it happened at another school.

what reaction would that be? there isnt much other reaction you can have but to be glad hes OK, fan or not.

Nappy Roots said:
what reaction would that be? there isnt much other reaction you can have but to be glad hes OK, fan or not.

Thats not what I was referring to at all, of course you wouldn't want someone to be shot. :shakeno: I was referring to Merriweather carrying a gun and returning fire.

Motion said:
Thats not what I was referring to at all, of course you wouldn't want someone to be shot. :shakeno: I was referring to Merriweather carrying a gun and returning fire.

of course you were....but i guess the fact that he didnt do anything illegal passes right by you

Nappy Roots said:
of course you were....but i guess the fact that he didnt do anything illegal passes right by you
Yeah your right, I'm all for players being shot :shakeno: WTF is wrong with you. I never said he did anything illegal either, all I meant was player related shootings rarely create positive media. But I guess that idea passed you right by.

Motion said:

yeah like miami gets a pass by the media. an old rap song gets front page on ESPN.

it just seems there isn't much to this story (at this point) unless you want to play the guns are evil card.

cnc66 said:
what the hell is a football player doing with a pistol in his pocket...I guess it was fortuitus for Willie but dayum...

That's what i was thinking. Maybe he took it because of the suspicious looking car, but why does he have one in his possession in the first place?

b_hjelmeland123 said:
but why does he have one in his possession in the first place?

maybe protection? maybe it makes him feel like a badass? why does it matter? doesn't sound like he did anything wrong in the eyes of the law.

Motion said:

Yeah I mean Meriweather saves his friend's life and all people want to know was whether he fired the gun legally. Then on top of that, they think he should be reprimanded for carrying a gun in the first place. I hope it's just your UF bias, and not truly how you feel about the situation.

Back
Top Bottom